MERGED: Diversity Group Upset With Mueller Hiring | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Diversity Group Upset With Mueller Hiring

LOL now thats funny, your implying not all orientals are small, but do you realize they are not oriental, oriental implies to rugs. They are Asian, so in that sense you have a racist or ignorant comment. We could go on and on about this couldn't we? LOL.... just more fuel to add to the fire.

MarinoEqualsGod said:
That's a racist comment. Yao Ming isn't exactly little. There's a 7'8" Chinese man in the NBA draft this year. Not all Orientals are little :D

:D
Yao Ming is huge! I think he was supposed to be twins.

phinfan13/34 said:
LOL now thats funny, your implying not all orientals are small, but do you realize they are not oriental, oriental implies to rugs. They are Asian, so in that sense you have a racist or ignorant comment. We could go on and on about this couldn't we? LOL.... just more fuel to add to the fire.

And I'm sick of being called white! That's racist! I think we should be called "People Of Less Color"!!!

Trekbiz said:
:lol:
Textbook answer.

Insinuate that all are ignorant and racist that have the gall to question the "equality" groups intentions. Classic!

It would be maddening if it wasn't so pathetically funny.

Again, if "equality" is the issue then there would be a movement for more white or hispanic players as well correct?

Equality by definition has to include everyone or it isn't equality.
Care to elaborate with an answer that isn't the typical response?

Performance on the field is the great equalizer, but even that was tainted until very recently with institutonal racism via a vis the black quarterback. How about minority coaches? If it wasn't for the pressure of groups like the Pollard alliance, I doubt we would have the current amount of minority coaches. I mean did all of a sudden minorities get an injection of DNA that made them good quarterbacks and coaches? No, the process got pressured into opening up and providing opportunites. I.M.O. this has been great for the game and society as a whole. The pressure is now being focused on front office positions. I say great. This is good for the greater good.

thewicked1isher said:
And I'm sick of being called white! That's racist! I think we should be called "People Of Less Color"!!!

or European-Americans

calphin said:
[Washington Post] The head of the group formed to promote minority hiring at all levels of the NFL said yesterday he believes that the Dolphins acted improperly by hiring Randy Mueller as their general manager Monday without interviewing any minority candidates.

"We were very, very disappointed," said John Wooten, the chairman of the Fritz Pollard Alliance, named for the NFL's first black head coach. "What they've done is insulted us and insulted the [league's] diversity committee with these kinds of shenanigans. What we're saying to the commissioner and to the NFL is, 'Put some teeth in these guidelines.' If I sound like I'm [mad], it's because I am."

That really pisses me off.I think Saban hired who he thought was the best man for the job.black,white,blue,green...color doesn't matter.why the heck do people try and make racial issues out of everything?I thought they abolished affirmative action,guess I was wrong. :fire:

Saban should spin things and say "that's what my phone discussions w/ RW were all about" . I think he could get away with it.

poppy said:
Performance on the field is the great equalizer, but even that was tainted until very recently with institutonal racism via a vis the black quarterback. How about minority coaches? If it wasn't for the pressure of groups like the Pollard alliance, I doubt we would have the current amount of minority coaches. I mean did all of a sudden minorities get an injection of DNA that made them good quarterbacks and coaches? No, the process got pressured into opening up and providing opportunites. I.M.O. this has been great for the game and society as a whole. The pressure is now being focused on front office positions. I say great. This is good for the greater good.
Again....why is there no push for more minority kickers and punters?

TREKBIZ

The issue is what it is. If you knew the full spectrum of the Alliance's goal you wouldn't be angered by their resentment to the Dolphins. Teeth will come to this organization, whether by your Black brother, Hispanic brother, Asian or Haitian brother or even your White brother.

RYANCALL32
You are right on (Kid Dyno-mite) with your "TEXTBOOK" (thank TREKBIZ) definition of equality. However the majority can never push for equality because that creates a circular argument, thus defeating the purpose of your sweat, jokes, graphics and your typing.

I'm the new age minority, not hear to knock the establishment but to reproduce it. So the Whites can have their castle, Blacks can have theirs and so on and so on. Thats EQUALITY. Good Day my brothers see you when I see you. Heaven or Hell.

blackthought said:
TREKBIZ

The issue is what it is. If you knew the full spectrum of the Alliance's goal you wouldn't be angered by their resentment to the Dolphins. Teeth will come to this organization, whether by your Black brother, Hispanic brother, Asian or Haitian brother or even your White brother.

RYANCALL32
You are right on (Kid Dyno-mite) with your "TEXTBOOK" (thank TREKBIZ) definition of equality. However the majority can never push for equality because that creates a circular argument, thus defeating the purpose of your sweat, jokes, graphics and your typing.

I'm the new age minority, not hear to knock the establishment but to reproduce it. So the Whites can have their castle, Blacks can have theirs and so on and so on. Thats EQUALITY. Good Day my brothers see you when I see you. Heaven or Hell.

elaborate

Pagan said:
Again....why is there no push for more minority kickers and punters?

Aye yae yae!!!! :rolleyes: Because the opportunity is there to be had. Always has been. Just ask Reggie Roby.

poppy said:
Aye yae yae!!!! :rolleyes: Because the opportunity is there to be had. Always has been. Just ask Reggie Roby.
WOW! A grand total of ONE famous punter! Damn...what opportunities! :lol:

Then we'll counter with the black QB argument. There's McNabb, McNair, Vick, Culpepper, etc, etc....and yet we STILL hear there's not enough black QBs.

You mention ONE punter and NO placekickers, yet claim "the opportunity is there"??? Man, that's a LAME argument. :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom