MERGED: Diversity Group Upset With Mueller Hiring | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Diversity Group Upset With Mueller Hiring

AZfinfan said:
I'll worry about this nonsense when the league starts trying out white tailbacks. This is non sense
Yup. And when the NBA makes it mandatory to have a correct percentage of white and black athletes.

The main beef I hear is that there is X% of minorities in america, therefore there should be X% of minorities coaching in the NFL/as GMs/ etc etc.

Why doesnt the "diversity" board preach that to the NBA? Or tailbacks in the NFL? There should be more minority kickers in the NFL. Same with catchers in MLB.

If you do the math, arent there like 5 minority head coaches in the NFL? Tony Dungy, Dennis Green, Herm Edwards, Romeo Crennel, who am I forgetting?

What would happen if CMT was renamed to White Music Television? BET stands for Black Entertainment television , no?

Philter25 said:
Yup. And when the NBA makes it mandatory to have a correct percentage of white and black athletes.

The main beef I hear is that there is X% of minorities in america, therefore there should be X% of minorities coaching in the NFL/as GMs/ etc etc.

Why doesnt the "diversity" board preach that to the NBA? Or tailbacks in the NFL? There should be more minority kickers in the NFL. Same with catchers in MLB.

If you do the math, arent there like 5 minority head coaches in the NFL? Tony Dungy, Dennis Green, Herm Edwards, Romeo Crennel, who am I forgetting?
On the tip of my tongue. Cincy coach.

Philter25 said:
Because that would be racism against blacks silly. :lol:

some of these groups seem to think everything is racist against blacks!

Justasportsfan said:
What would happen if CMT was renamed to White Music Television? BET stands for Black Entertainment television , no?
Then CMT would be owned by racists.

Its a 2 way street but a LOT of people like to forget that.

Philter25 said:

or just maybe, it should be the best qualified.

Scrap said:
Marvin Lewis yes, I knew there was one more.

So we have 5 black head coaches out of 32 teams... I wonder what the ratio of black population to overall population is.

Pagan said:
Again....why is there no push for more minority kickers and punters?

That's easy, that's a non glamore job, QB is where the money's at..and executive jobs are more secure..

Philter25 said:

you don't think there's more Whites in the NBA today than maybe 5-7 years ago???
:eek:

MDFINFAN said:
That's easy, that's a non glamore job, QB is where the money's at..and executive jobs are more secure..
More secure?

Ha, tell that to Olindo Mare. We cant cut him because we would take a cap hit. Its all in the contract. You can easily make a kickers job secure by giving him a low base salary and a nice signing bonus. Teams wouldnt cut a kicker and take 2 million in dead cap for a kicker.

Justasportsfan said:

but that would be racist. :rolleyes:

the thing that kills me is that there are things such as the latino grammys. are latinos not allowed to win a regular grammy? so latinos get to be a part of the regular grammys and their own grammys. just one of NUMEROUS examples where any non-white race can do whatever they want -- but god forbid there is a group/station/etc. just for whites!

MDFINFAN said:
you don't think there's more Whites in the NBA today than maybe 5-7 years ago???
:eek:
Oh there are, I was being sarcastic. There should be the same percentage of whites in the NBA as there is to the ratio of whites to the total population.

(personally i really dont care, i would rather see the best athletes or the best person, this is just the diversity boards mentality)

Back
Top Bottom