Merged: Dolphins Swap Punters - Royals Cut/Turk Signed | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Dolphins Swap Punters - Royals Cut/Turk Signed

Finally! You just made my day also! That was iour weakest link, and now we got Turk. Turks last yr here was great lets hope he can still pick it up, But anybody is better than Royals, even when Turks at his worst hes probably still better.....This was a Great move, they didnt sign Turk just for nothing they mustve seen he still has it in him....but theyre trying to correct any weak links, props to the FO.

Man, come on, I thought Turk could boom punts longer then 41 yards :lol:

I was excited when I first read this..well..now..bleh.

Originally posted by dolfan87
My question is, why don't we make the back up QB be our holder? This would be an advantage in several areas. One; we can bring in whoever we want for punting duties. Two; when we want to go for a fake field goal, we have a guy who can actually throw the ball in there.

Seems stupid to have the punter be the holder, because punters can get injured (running into the kicker, on coverage...ect ect. ) meanwhile the back up QB sits on his butt all game. Usually.

Ditto - you certainly have a lot more options when you have a QB as your holder.

Do you guys remember the Simpsons episode with the McRib?

I feel like that Italian guy that sells Homer his car for the McRib... I have the buyers remorse.

haha, or maybe the first post of this thread makes Turk sound like he sucks, I've always liked his attitude and as long as he's kept himself in shape this offseason, I'm all for the move... so tell Management they have my approval

I hope so. I just see this as a new name to yell at when the punts get shanked again.

Punting will not be a strong point for us this year.

I don't understand this love affair with Stemke. He had one game where he boomed a few kicks. Big deal. He was garbage in practice. Would have been a lateral move at best IMO.

Griese was working as the backup holder. Perhaps even the permanent guy. But I think one reason why we have the punter holding is because our QB situation isn't cast iron. Fiedler has been injured the last few seasons. And Griese needed all the reps he could get in the offense, being the backup and being completely new to the team. Not much time to split and work on special teams. Meanwhile, the punter and kicker hang out all day and work together. Much easier to gain a rapport.

Would have been a different story if someone like Danny, who rarely missed a game, was at the helm.

Just good riddance to Royals... the guy has really stunk up the place the last two years. ANYONE is better. Turk doesn't have to be the best ... just as long as he is better I will be happy.

As a Giants fan I know all too well the pain of having a terrible punter on the team I love ie; Matt Allen last year who was the worst statistical punter in the league, but that was only half the story of how truly bad he was.:eek:

This year we went out and grabbed a top 3 punter in Jeff Feagles, the greatest punter to ever put on a Big Blue jersey, and now stats don't due him justice!! I have never seen a guy kill so many punts inside of the ten in this short of a span in the year!! Not only that but his punts are unreturnable, he kicks them so high with so much hangtime that the coverage units could walk down the field.

What say you guys we make a trade? Ricky Williams for jeff Feagles?:D

Last edited by a moderator:
i feel inclined to talk smack in the main forum against this giants fan right now but i cant, hes a giants fan, not a jets fan lol....welcome to the board "giantsfan"

Giants = quality team that i root for sometimes when they dont play the dolphins
Jets = crap

yea we cut royals u can have him now for free, he can be the waterboy

Originally posted by ultimateFINFAN
i feel inclined to talk smack in the main forum against this giants fan right now but i cant, hes a giants fan, not a jets fan lol....welcome to the board "giantsfan"

Giants = quality team that i root for sometimes when they dont play the dolphins
Jets = crap

And at least the Giants play in their own stadium instead of mooching off another football team's home, like the Jets. :D

As I remember we wanted to keep Turk last year but he wanted too much ca$h so we went with Royals.

Definate upgrade!

Another solid move for Wanny-Spielman!

Originally posted by ultimateFINFAN

Thanks for the warm welcome .... I think.:lol:

yea we cut royals u can have him now for free, he can be the waterboy

Excellent.:spit:

Back
Top Bottom