Merged: "ESPN/Other Media Hate Us" Threads | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: "ESPN/Other Media Hate Us" Threads

I saw that earlier today, and was surprised not seeing Ronnie / Ricky as an option. Bummer. I think the Ronnie / Ricky combo deserves their full attention...

PHINZ RULE!!!

What a joke.

1st) Preist and Huggies
2nd) Ronnie Ricky
3rd) Dunn Ducket
4th) Bell and Anderson
5th) Pittman Cadillac

That was a pathetic attempt by ESPN. I am a dolphins homer but they even left off Dunn and Ducket.

Better combos than Marion Barber and JJ
- Shawn Bryson, Kevin Jones
- Why not include Thomas Jones and Cedric Benson
- Just put LT and whoever else
- Chris Brown, Travis Henry
- Jamal Lewis, Chester Taylor
- Stephen Davis, Deshaun Foster
- Ahman Green, Najeh Davenport (when they were healthy)
- Kevan Barlow, Frank Gore
- HOW ABOUT Stephen Jackson and Marshall Faulk
- Lee Suggs, Reuben Droughns
- Rudi Johnson, Chris Perry

The funny thing is that poll did get me listing running back combos in the league. I am suprised at how many there are. It is true, in todays NFL the running back position is more of a two person job. Maybe we will see running backs lasting longer than 7 years in the league now.

ckparrothead said:
Good god, that is ridiculous. The only tandem that even competes with Brown & Williams is Holmes & Larry Johnson.

true that. its funny how anti-dolphin espn appears most of the time. it doesn't bother me, i just find it amusing. :rofl3:

not even putting a former league leader in rushing yards/carries, and the #2 overall draft pick who has lead all rookie rbs in rushing yards so far, just silly. :eek:

Bell and Anderson, look at that stat sheet for both of them. Over 600 yds each.

ckparrothead said:
Good god, that is ridiculous. The only tandem that even competes with Brown & Williams is Holmes & Larry Johnson.

Don't worry. Wait until week 16.
I guarantee that most defensive coordinators around the league would have a much different ranking. The combo of RW and RB is one of the scariest in the league.
RW is just getting into a groove and RB gets better every week. I wouldn't trade them for Priest Holmes/ Larry Johnson.

PHP:
finfan75 said:
If I had the cash I would start an all sports station to compete with ESPN.
PHP:

fantastic idea finfan75 its about time a dolphin fan to have the balls to stand up to espn i wish more fans would rip espn just for good measure.

me i would like to piss on espn then tp the station and sign ace 88 was here.:cool:

Not be a homer but why no Ricky and Ronnie, I know they've only played 3 games together and only have had 1 good game together but in terms of talent... I would think they would have been mentioned.

Forget ESPN, but since this is the topic we're on. At least Miami is getting some props on nfl.com on the duo back discussion. Gil Brandt and Phil Simms pick Miami as the best duo in the league, Schefter didn't pick Miami, he picked Holmes and Johnson, which is a great duo, but said that Ronnie Brown and Williams are probably the most talented backs in the league. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9021123

Relax guys, 1. it is a poll. 2. As of right now in the season our tandem has done good in 1 game. That is it. Anderson and Bell are by far the best tandem, followed by priest and johnson. As far as I am concerned we only proved it would work 1 game so far. Wait a couple games, and then talk. People seem to jump the gun a little bit.

mixmaster_matt said:
Relax guys, 1. it is a poll. 2. As of right now in the season our tandem has done good in 1 game. That is it. Anderson and Bell are by far the best tandem, followed by priest and johnson. As far as I am concerned we only proved it would work 1 game so far. Wait a couple games, and then talk. People seem to jump the gun a little bit.
I not gonna buy into Anderson/Bell being the best. Andersons a nice experienced pounder and Bell has tremendous speed but they would be average on any other team. Everyone on this planets knows anyone can run behind that line....kinda like the Chiefs line.

thanks to them for the 30 seconds of dolphins-bills preview coverage...

why do sports pregame shows constantly devolve into the guys just drunkenly shouting over eachother?

anyhow... my question is this: how can they, with any journalistic integrity, devote 40+ minutes of thier two-hour show 5-6 weeks ago to the Terrell Owens saga... and yet today, Michael Irvin is mysteriously in trouble and missing, and they've not said a word about the scenario besides "thanks for sitting in Coach (Ditka). Michael Irvin will be back next week. ... In OTHER news" ?????????...

i hope it's just because one player is retired and the other remains an on-field superstar that they deem it a "non-story"... on a side note: is not Michael Irvin partly the feul by which the OwensMouthGate originated???...

another example of how objective journalism is completely dominated by the corporation that owns it... and image-conscious corporations (in this case ESPN) dictate the news...

Back
Top Bottom