Merged: "ESPN/Other Media Hate Us" Threads | Page 54 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: "ESPN/Other Media Hate Us" Threads

K-Rob said:
What's this talk about Sunday Night Football being THE game of the week now? If there is still Monday Night Football, why would it be over shadowed by Sunday night? The reason Monday night is special is because it's the only game of that particular day. Is this something that ESPN announed that they will make SNF better than MNF? If so then how are they going to pull that off? Purposely put worse match-ups on Monday compared to Sunday? Doesn't make sense to me.

The SUNDAY NIGHT package got the playoff and super bowl deal with the league. It also got the no-compete claus from ESPN so shows like ESPN PRIMETIME are now off the air. NBC became primary on Sunday Nights. MNF is now secondary (what Sunday Night currently is).

MNF is now on cable, ratings mean nothing there pretty much. So, any ole match-up on MNF will do. Sunday Nights on NETWORK TV will get the premire match-ups.

MikeO said:
The SUNDAY NIGHT package got the playoff and super bowl deal with the league. It also got the no-compete claus from ESPN so shows like ESPN PRIMETIME are now off the air. NBC became primary on Sunday Nights. MNF is now secondary (what Sunday Night currently is).

MNF is now on cable, ratings mean nothing there pretty much. So, any ole match-up on MNF will do. Sunday Nights on NETWORK TV will get the premire match-ups.

Ratings on cable mean nothing??
:shakeno:

NFL Primetime off the air? WHAT? I guess I just don't know enough about how this is all going to work out. I still don't know how they are going to pull off that whole flex schedule thing.

I don't think they dislike Miami; they just tend to focus on the winning teams and tend to completely ignore non-playoff teams this time of year.

All they talk about is Chicago, Seattle, Indy, and NE.

There are fans for all 32 teams and it'd be nice if they just didn't run features on playoff only teams.

Alex Smith for the 49'ers: He's played all this year. Can anyone spend 2 minutes of airtime to talk about if he's improved, etc. etc?

I know I'd watch it. I like when they breakdown tape and talk about players and stuff.

Just when it looked like a whole day would go by without an "ESPN hates us" thread...
Im sure every team thinks ESPN hates them.

kastofsna120 said:
yeah and the niners were the media darlings not too long ago. now they only talk about them because alex smith SUCKS and because of the fictional "reggie bush bowl"
these networks care too much about advertising dollars and viewership to let some stupid personal bias affect how shows like primetime are run. if chris berman talked about how much he loved the bills for an hour, no one would watch, and the adverstising money would dry up, and berman would be GONE. that's why the bills get just as much coverage as any 5-10 team. unless there's a big story with any bad team, they won't talk about them. the cardinals got a ton of press and expectations before the season, and now? they're nowhere. and I CAN ASSURE YOU that miami will get a ton of hype going into next season. and their first few games will get extra attention, and will CONTINUE to get attention if they keep winning. if they start to suck again, no one will talk about miami, simple as that. how can these people NOT KNOW HOW THE WORLD WORKS. god i'm a genius

A legend in your own mind. :lol:

Agua said:
Gotcha now.

So, you think that your comment concerning the fan base believing:

is the truth? I was giving you the benefit of the doubt by assuming hyperbole.

I believe that there are far too many fans that believe if every broadcaster, columnist, website, and so-called expert isn't saying something positive about our team, then they must hate the phins. For example, we were 2-1 and people were pissed because we weren't in the top 10 on the ESPN or Sportsline rankings and some began calling it a conspiracy. If anyone questions a move made by the phins, they hate the phins. You've been around here long enough you know what I'm talking about.
Personally, I don't believe there's a bias nor do I care if there was. I just think we haven't been great in a long time and therefore there are far too many "better" and "greater" teams to get extensive coverage other than us. If I had my wish, we'd never have another ESPN or MNF game because I'd rather get a good night's rest instead of tossing and turning for a couple of hours to calm down after the game.

I usually don't get involved in stuff like this but, since I work at ESPN I felt obligated to say a few things. First, as far as ESPN having a biased against the Fins as it relates to Miami being on t.v., it's not true. ESPN is driven by ratings and if the Dolphins games get ratings, then we want them on the network. I think a lot of you get the commentators confused with the people who run the network. Just because Chris Berman isn't a Dolphins fan doesn't mean that all of ESPN is biased against the Fins.

finsfan4life said:
I usually don't get involved in stuff like this but, since I work at ESPN I felt obligated to say a few things. First, as far as ESPN having a biased against the Fins as it relates to Miami being on t.v., it's not true. ESPN is driven by ratings and if the Dolphins games get ratings, then we want them on the network. I think a lot of you get the commentators confused with the people who run the network. Just because Chris Berman isn't a Dolphins fan doesn't mean that all of ESPN is biased against the Fins.

Sweet, what do you do for them? Any cool stories?

Miamilove20 said:
ESPN ist not responsible for the Schedule. If the NFL Schedule says that the Fins play on Monday night, ESPN has to broadcast the game.

Tha t has nothing to do with the 'ESPN discredits the Dolphins' Myth

AND THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE.

Thanks for stating the facts man

finsfan4life said:

Thank you for getting involved.

Dolphins_SR66 said:
Sweet, what do you do for them? Any cool stories?

Programming. As far as cool stories, I was at the gym yesterday and was talking to Stu Scott about boxing. Jeremy Schaap was also there.

As far as the schedule goes it's a collaborative effort between ESPN & the NFL. The NFL doesn't just tell us, "we expect you to air these games." The league & the network try to do the best for both parties.

finsfan4life said:
Programming. As far as cool stories, I was at the gym yesterday and was talking to Stu Scott about boxing. Jeremy Schaap was also there.

As far as the schedule goes it's a collaborative effort between ESPN & the NFL. The NFL doesn't just tell us, "we expect you to air these games." The league & the network try to do the best for both parties.

Next time you see Stu Scott tell him to try Acupuncture or something for that lazy eye. It seems like it's getting worse every time he's on TV.

On a side note, my siter-in-law just had a baby on Dec 24th and they named him Bristol. As in Connecticut. I think it's cool sounding name for a boy.

Brown or Ricky said:
Dude, they never give us any credit. When they do their football highlights we get about 1 or 2 highlight reels at the most. They discredit all our past accomplishments. Anyone on here know that ESPN HATE THE PHINS. Point Blank.

Haven't you noticed.

i have noticed

finsfan4life said:

On Air Programming, or Computer Programming? Just curious. I love watching those behind the scenes (how Sportscenter is made stuff). Have you ever had your mug on the air?

Cool, about working out and chatting with the on-air boys. Nice.

Hey, so do you get to sit in the room and watch all the NFL games or other sports games all at the same time? If so, that would be so cool.

I would so up on my off days (if you get them, haha) just to watch that stuff.

Glad we have a Dolphin fan at the world wide leader in Sports!

Back
Top Bottom