Merged: Fiedler says, " I'll start here or somewhere else next year!" | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Fiedler says, " I'll start here or somewhere else next year!"

Like I said before Fins fan.Is not writen in stone that Jay won't be back so becareful what you wish for.I don't see anything wrong with Jay comments and maybe this will be extra motivation he needs wether he is here or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll say it again...if we are stupid enough to go out and try to replace Jay, there are at least 15-20 teams in the league that would love to have him as their starter. You surround him with talent (something this offense has very little of outside Jay, Ricky, CC, and McMichael) and he will shine on his way to the pro bowl.

I don't think so. Even when he shows his talent, he throws a pass way over some ones head. Then after 2-3 perfect passes, he'll under throw. It's like he can't throw more then 4 passes without making a bad one. Combine that with poor decision making when under duress, lack of down field aim, holding the ball too long and the fact that he's had 4 years to prove himself shows me he should be gone.

I don't think Jay is the guy. But he makes a good point in all this when he said he'd love to play in an offense that had amound of money invested in it as our defense.

Like Mandich said yesterday, we've played offense on the cheap for a long time now. We need to achieve something close to a balance. And if you're looking for a model, look all the way up to New England. They're built for now AND the future. And they aren't afraid to cut a high-priced vet. Drew Bledsoe....bye. Lawyer Milloy....see ya. We haven't done anything like that. But we will very soon.

And Daryl Gardener doesn't count, because that move was blatantly necessary.....whereas Milloy's departure crushed the locker room.

Originally posted by burghPhinFan
here you go Zoomy.
wait, dammit. Mods didn't release my sig. Muck!!!!!!

Don't know what you're talking about man. There's nothing entered in your sig box.

feidler has balls

He thinks other teams will pick him up, parcels won't look at him, saints, skins, browns, chargers won;t take him (as a starter) and what pisses me off is that he doesn't want to accept a backup role

he needs to realize he is getting paid too much period. yes, he has a great record, yes he has great heart, he scrambles, but bottom line he is not getting better, he can't throw a deep ball, he is always hurt, defenses don't respect him, they stack 12 men on the line, and we need a better qb, that's it i'm officially a jay basher !!

Jay's balls, and not the one's that got picked off, were what kept his as a starter for 4 years, and will probably keep him the starter for more.

Any given week a QB can win a game with his arm, but most can't win with sheer guts and heart. Thats how Jay won games, mixed in with the occasional great passing day.

Originally posted by dean_siu
I'll say it again...if we are stupid enough to go out and try to replace Jay, there are at least 15-20 teams in the league that would love to have him as their starter. You surround him with talent (something this offense has very little of outside Jay, Ricky, CC, and McMichael) and he will shine on his way to the pro bowl.

:roflmao: :lastyr:
Oh my God, can't stop laughing, my stomach hurts!
Please we need a real QB!
Maybe is someone picks him up you can root for them. lol!
Dolphins in 2004 or bust.

i agree he has more heart and guts than most qb's and our oline was pothetic last year

but we have a stud rb, jay has been getting worse since his hand injury and we all know what he has, we all know what he's capable of and rather than adding receivers, adding tackles and gaurds, this team will be better offensivly if we upgrade qb, leave jay as a backup or release him

we need a playmaker, the qb position is not the most valuable, but we need someone who can make the clutch throw not just the clutch run or block

Originally posted by Dolphins_34

:roflmao: :lastyr:
Oh my God, can't stop laughing, my stomach hurts!
Please we need a real QB!
Maybe is someone picks him up you can root for them. lol!
Dolphins in 2004 or bust.

I wouldn't laugh too much..if Rick becomes GM with Ron as a mentor you may see Jay (after redoing his contract) as a starter again. We may pick up a rookie but he will hardly be starting material. I see lots of money being spend on OL and WR.

Originally posted by FFiB

I wouldn't laugh too much..if Rick becomes GM with Ron as a mentor you may see Jay (after redoing his contract) as a starter again. We may pick up a rookie but he will hardly be starting material. I see lots of money being spend on OL and WR.

Hey I have loved this team since 1984! Been thru the Mitchell's the Lucas's the Huard's I have seen it all man! Jay SUCKS and can't start in the aqua and orange ever again. We need a good solid starting QB, really we have not had one since Danny was in his prime. Homer you are! I don't intend smack here either you just have to realize we need change and fast! Like you said we need WR's and an O-line ........but we also need a good QB. As far as the Gm and Wolfe it wont be Rick I will tell you that much everything will pan out, yeah we are stuck with Wanny for a bit but atleast I don't need to watch Jay throw more ints and spend half the year on the sidelines next year!
Go Dolphins in 2004 or bust!

We owe it to Ricky to build the O line first and then get a QB.

Dan never got a ring and Ill be damned if Ricky has to suffer the same fate. The O line is top priority. Then QB. Then WR.

Jay is not talented enough to win games with a below average O line, one good WR, a solid TE, and predictable play calling.

And don't tell me he is injury prone. THat is laughable. You let any QB get hit all the time and they are going to suffer some injuries. THey are not robots.

I simply would rather see Jay with a dominate O line, and another WR as opposed to Brunell with the same basic line and Derrius Thompson as our #2.

Originally posted by Dolfan4life
Jay is not talented enough to win games with a below average O line, one good WR, a solid TE, and predictable play calling.

I simply would rather see Jay with a dominate O line, and another WR as opposed to Brunell with the same basic line and Derrius Thompson as our #2.

I don't understand your first quote there....Jay has been winning games for years with a below average line, one good WR, a solid TE, and predictable play calling

As for the second part....I agree entirely. You give Jay the supporting cast that most winning teams have and he'll win 90% of his starts instead of 70%. You stick Brunell with the junk we have now and this team is below .500.

Let's be smart this offseason and not continue the stupidity of ignoring the offense when seeking new talent for this team.

Originally posted by Noland
Griese is a decent QB if he would not stand in the pocket like a sitting duck. He don't move much when is getting rushed. Marino needed to show him how to use his quick release to his advantage. Marino got out alot of trouble with his quick release just as people were hitting him. He could get rid of the ball in about 3 to 4 second that is pretty fast coming off the line. Griese does have the legs to move out of trouble Marino did'nt have that and you see his acomplishments.

Marino used his legs well to get out of trouble. He was no threat to tuck the ball in and take off down the field, but he had an uncanny knack of knowing he was about to get hit, and he'd scramble just enough to get out of the way. If Griese would have done that, or just step up into the pocket, he'd have been much better. Griese though would just drop back about 7 yards and sit. All a pass rushing DE had to do was run wide around the T and he'd meet Griese right there.

Back
Top Bottom