Merged: Fiedler says, " I'll start here or somewhere else next year!" | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Fiedler says, " I'll start here or somewhere else next year!"

Originally posted by dean_siu
I'll say it again...if we are stupid enough to go out and try to replace Jay, there are at least 15-20 teams in the league that would love to have him as their starter. You surround him with talent (something this offense has very little of outside Jay, Ricky, CC, and McMichael) and he will shine on his way to the pro bowl.
Come on man..do we really have to hear the Fiedler crap after the season he had? ARE YOU THAT DELUSIONAL? :nono:

15-20 teams?? You must be talking about the CFL. You've been holding it too long...time to pass :redeye:

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by FFiB

How do you know that? You don't. I don't.

Obviously our OL wqas pathetic, our WR were mediocre at best. These are the arguments for Griese right?

What if an outside coach or GM says "boy that Dolphins OL was horrendous last year but look at Jay's numbers in 2002 before he got injured when they actually had an OL".

You don't know that....I don't know that. All your opinion is based on is the hatred for the QB who followed a legend. Don't worry, Bills fans went through that as well.
Damnit man I'm so tired of the Fiedler huggers and their typical posts ASSuming that we hate Jay just because we're opposed to him starting. There was nothing in the guy's post you replied to that says he hates Jay. The numbers speak for himself, and he didn't produce...that's the bottom line. I like Jay as a competitor, and he has a lot of heart...real tough SOB, but that doesn't make him a starting QB.

I don't care what you say about the OL. 5 Hall of Fame lineman won't make the QB all of a sudden hit his receivers in stride, or cause him to make dumb throws...underthrowing and overthrowing receivers.

Possible teams Jay could go to:
DAL
CLE
PIT
OAK
ARZ

There are no other possibilities unless he come back to Miami, or accepts a backup job somewhere. Everyone else either has an established QB, or a young guy who's coming up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let Jay say whatever he wants, Lord now he must get sick and tired of hearing all the criticism down here. But I hope he realizes that his performance this past year was abysmal and that he has not earned the right to start here or anywhere else in the NFL.

Originally posted by Bumrush
Let Jay say whatever he wants, Lord now he must get sick and tired of hearing all the criticism down here. But I hope he realizes that his performance this past year was abysmal and that he has not earned the right to start here or anywhere else in the NFL.

This is the most dead-on post I have seen on these threads in some thime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:up:

Here's the story....

J. Fiedler is nothing more than a solid back-up. I would love to see him stay, and be that guy. I don't want him starting in 2004. He's not good enough to take us where we want to go....

He'll need to take a pay cut, and a back-up role, if he plans on remaining in Miami for the 2004 season.....

I highly doubt that any other team in the NFL would start him. Arizona may be the only team that would consider it. That's sad...

He's just not starter material. He's had his chance to be that "upgrade" we're talking about, and nothing has changed in four years!!!

While the talent around him has improved, he's stayed the same old Jay. Poor arm strength, bad accuracy, and too many picks. If you stop to think about it, Jay is almost always good for a TD a week. A TD for the opposition....:cry:

He's not the guy. Sorry Jay, it's time to step down....

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

For sure Jay has been inconsistant this year more than others. No excuses will make him have a better record.

Even if we had a better OL, we still would not make it to the big dance, the talent in this team is just not there to beat the teams in the playoffs, cause when push comes to shove, we just love to be pushed around.
Zack Thomas said "were good, not great". It seems that great is what seperates these teams that are leading their divisions. Somewhere in the offseason our new GM has to look into upgrading our O unit, starting with FA and/or ending in the draft, QB, OL and WR...

We might have to sacrifice some of our defensive talent, but the bright side is that we should average more than the 19 ppg, we had this year. Specially when those great teams are averaging almost 25 ppg in the regular season.

Here's to 2004 and a new offensive awakening! :drinkers:

GOOO FIIINZ

:cooldude:

Back
Top Bottom