Merged:fins will win 12+ games this year and heres why/7-9 8-8 is realistic/My View | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:fins will win 12+ games this year and heres why/7-9 8-8 is realistic/My View

painnotpleasure said:
W Vs. Denver
L @ Jets
W Vs. Panthers
Bye
W @. Bucs
L Vs. Chiefs
W @ Saints
L Vs. Falcons
L Vs. Patriots
W Vs. Browns
W Vs. Raiders
W Vs. Bills
L @ Chargers
W Vs. Jets
W Vs. Titans
W @ Patriots......... Hell!! 9-6.... Playoffs ON THE LINE!!! If I pick us to lose @ NE with PLAYOFFS ON THE LINE... I AM NOT A MIAMI DOLPHINS FAN!!! 10-6 we make playoffs!!! WHAT?! WHAT?! :rawk:

whaooooo where r the jills at 2 times i dont see them twice :confused:

jason_taylor said:
whaooooo where r the jills at 2 times i dont see them twice :confused:
Whoops, sorry about that the Bye week screwed me up. First Bills game is right after the Bye week, I counted it down in my head but forgot to type it up. I just fixied it. :D

And also I meant 9-6 going into Week 17 against New England.

Final Record: 10-6 (and yes I'm being very optimistic)

foobitt1 said:
we have the hardest schedule in the nfl this year and you think 12 wins after all the new changes and all.have you found rickys stash?

Strength of schedule doesn't matter now. Who knows how good these teams will be when it comes time to play.

Our problem last year was offensive line. If we had decent play we would have won 4 or 5 more games.

I think we improved in every area except the secondary. We will be a contender this year.

LOL.

Well, looking at the schedule, taking in where we were playing them and when we play the teams I looked at it and saw a 13-3 record.

I have predicted a 10-6 record. But I will explain why I picked 13-3 when quickly looking at the schedule.

Now just keep in mind I am looking solely at their weaknesses not comparing us to them. I am logically looking at why we can beat them.

1)Denver ( WIN)- We start off at home. Jake Plummer is inconsistant. Defense is shaky. Besides we always do well opening day. We had the longest streak till last year.
2) Jets (WIN)- Pennington will be hurt. Defense is shaky too. Martin probably won't have as good a season. Plus it's not co0ld yet.
3) Panthers ( Win)- True wildcard. They got no true dominant passing game, we don't know who their RB will be. Muhammad is out and their secondary isn't that great
4) Bills (WIN)- Rookie QB. Lost their LT. Once again not cold yet so we don't have to worry about that. Plus their offense will probably be one dimensional. All we will have to do is contain McGahee
5) Bucs (WIN) No offense or defense anymore. They are almost as bad as we were last season
6) Chiefs (win) Who knows how their offense is gonna look. Their defense is always a question mark. Plus it's at home.
7) Saints (WIN) Saints are the jekyll and Hyde team of the NFL. One week they look like the Patriots the next week they look like the 49ers. They also tend to fade mid season and seeing as this is midseason.......
8) Falcons (WIN) All we have to do is Make Vick throw the ball and we can win this game. We now upgraded our front 7 in speen with the addition of Carter, Roth, Spraggan and Crowder. They have no receiving threats plus it's a home game.
9) NE (Loss)- They are the best team in the league right now.
10) Browns (WIN) They are the worst team in Football. NO QB, NO RB, NO WR'S, No defense
11) Raiders- (WIN) no defense. They are relying on Jordan who is still unproven as a starter. This could be a loss only depending on Randy Moss. We have no one that can cover him now that Surtain is gone. So for argument sake I will change it to a loss.
12) Bills ( Win) at home. Same as the 1st game
13) Chargers (Loss)
14) Jets ( Win) - at home and same as above only Pennington is back. But it's not like he is a game breaker.
15) Titans ( Win) no doubt here
16) NE (loss) same as above

So 13-3 seems reasonable when you look at the issues that the Bills and Jets face. When you look at the Saints consistance as well as the Panthers.

12-4 if you throw the Randy Moss factor in.

I still say 10-6. However, looking at the schedule, the preseason issues and previous season habits of these teams as well as where we play some of the harder teams then 13-3 is not that far fetched.

Last year team was bad when it actually had to be good(4th Quarter) if you take away those silly interceptions against Arizona, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Tennesee, and philadelphia,and NYJ, that team with bad o-line and all could have at 9-7 last year.

dlphns8405 said:
they were an 11 win team with Wanny and now better coaches and A LOT more depth on D, especially the line. we now have the Rb that our offense was missing last.

thoughts?

1) you dont knwo your coach is/was better than Wanny.
2) more depth is good, but you lost some starters on D. CB is a question, FS is a question, Seau isnt getting younger...

your D was better last year.

GRYPHONK said:
LOL.

Well, looking at the schedule, taking in where we were playing them and when we play the teams I looked at it and saw a 13-3 record.

I have predicted a 10-6 record. But I will explain why I picked 13-3 when quickly looking at the schedule.

Now just keep in mind I am looking solely at their weaknesses not comparing us to them. I am logically looking at why we can beat them.

1)Denver ( WIN)- We start off at home. Jake Plummer is inconsistant. Defense is shaky. Besides we always do well opening day. We had the longest streak till last year.
2) Jets (WIN)- Pennington will be hurt. Defense is shaky too. Martin probably won't have as good a season. Plus it's not co0ld yet.
3) Panthers ( Win)- True wildcard. They got no true dominant passing game, we don't know who their RB will be. Muhammad is out and their secondary isn't that great
4) Bills (WIN)- Rookie QB. Lost their LT. Once again not cold yet so we don't have to worry about that. Plus their offense will probably be one dimensional. All we will have to do is contain McGahee
5) Bucs (WIN) No offense or defense anymore. They are almost as bad as we were last season
6) Chiefs (win) Who knows how their offense is gonna look. Their defense is always a question mark. Plus it's at home.
7) Saints (WIN) Saints are the jekyll and Hyde team of the NFL. One week they look like the Patriots the next week they look like the 49ers. They also tend to fade mid season and seeing as this is midseason.......
8) Falcons (WIN) All we have to do is Make Vick throw the ball and we can win this game. We now upgraded our front 7 in speen with the addition of Carter, Roth, Spraggan and Crowder. They have no receiving threats plus it's a home game.
9) NE (Loss)- They are the best team in the league right now.
10) Browns (WIN) They are the worst team in Football. NO QB, NO RB, NO WR'S, No defense
11) Raiders- (WIN) no defense. They are relying on Jordan who is still unproven as a starter. This could be a loss only depending on Randy Moss. We have no one that can cover him now that Surtain is gone. So for argument sake I will change it to a loss.
12) Bills ( Win) at home. Same as the 1st game
13) Chargers (Loss)
14) Jets ( Win) - at home and same as above only Pennington is back. But it's not like he is a game breaker.
15) Titans ( Win) no doubt here
16) NE (loss) same as above

So 13-3 seems reasonable when you look at the issues that the Bills and Jets face. When you look at the Saints consistance as well as the Panthers.

12-4 if you throw the Randy Moss factor in.

I still say 10-6. However, looking at the schedule, the preseason issues and previous season habits of these teams as well as where we play some of the harder teams then 13-3 is not that far fetched.

denver: (loss) good D, and good running game.
jets: (loss) pennington WONT be hurt
panthers: (win) make them pass, and you win..
bills: (loss) im a homer, but is in buffalo. (away games are hard to win, even if its not cold)
bucs: (win) they will S-U-C-K suck.
chiefs: (loss) great O, and an "improving" on D.
saints: (win) they have shown NOTHING. and are a pathetic underachieving team.
falcons: (loss) if vick is healthy, you loose, if hes hurt you have a shot.
NE: (loss) i dont think brady will be giving you another game.
browns: (win) who wont win agenst the browns??
raiders: (loss) cant stop moss and porter, and they have a decent D.
bills : (loss), homer pick, but i think it will be VERY close.
chargers: (loss). if they go to rivers, than you can win, but i dout that will happen.
jets: (win), you get lucky. ill be cheering for the fins, cus the bills and jets will be fighting for the wildcard.
titans: (win), cus they are called the titans. :roflmao:
NE: (loss) cus they are the pats.

6-10
wins: panthers, bucs, saints, browns, jets, titans
losses: denver, jets, bills, chiefs, falcans, NE, raiders, bills, chargers, NE

also, just cus the fins choke in the cold, doesnt mean they will win when its warm.

painnotpleasure said:
There we're quite a bunch of people around hear saying 9,10,11, 12+ wins last year... I'm not going to get my hopes up, but I hope you're right. The #1 thing on my mind is winning division. That should be our #1 goal, not just how many wins we have.

12 wins pretty much guarantees playoffs

You guys are forgetting, Losm,an is no worse than Feeley at this point.

I didn't say he was any better, but Feeley was the worst QB in the league last year.

Back
Top Bottom