Merged:fins will win 12+ games this year and heres why/7-9 8-8 is realistic/My View | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:fins will win 12+ games this year and heres why/7-9 8-8 is realistic/My View

Losman7 said:
Losman will not hurt our team any more than Bledsoe did last year. And He won't hurt our team any more than Feeley does the Phins.
How do we know that?

gr8slayer said:
How do we know that?

Well, Bledsoe personally lost 3 games for us last year, and was at the bottom of the AFC as a QB. Sure he had more expieriance, but he still made rookie mistakes, the same mistakes Losman will make. But if you add in Losman's mobility I believe that the field will be even Bledsoe vs Losman.

As far as Feeley goes, he made some flat out awful decisions last year, played like a rookie at times, and lost alot of games for his team.

Sure hes tough, and he made a few great throws, but if he's any more reliable than Losman at this point its minute.

Feeley is coming off a horrible season, and learning a new systme, hes essentially a rookie. Losman has been in our system longer than Feeley has been in the Phins.

stoody24 said:
ill say a for sure playoff team

but i hope your right
im as big a fan as anybody but comon college coaches dont have a good history in there first years:shakeno:

the way i see it, everyone was predicting us to win 10 games then when ricky left they all said 4 wins max for us. I mean from 2 years ago the only weaker area is CB. And depending on how traylor plays maybe DT will be weaker. But WR is 10X better, TE is better, RB depending on rickys contribution and ronnies maturatiy we will be better. The o-line is much better than last year. Hell they started off horrible got better, and now have better leadership. I think one of the 3 other DE will play great, maybe not ogun numbers but normal numbers of someone opposite JT. every problem last year that contributed to 4-12 last season is completely diffrent this year. (knock on wood)

And im sorry but just because the pats won the superbowl does not mean they will be good. Bruchi loss is huge. Remeber those unstoppable bucs. Or how about the raiders. Eventually things even out.

And I said before last season I wanted us to miss the playoffs by more than 1 or 2 games, because you have to take a step back before you can go forward. In this case it got us saban. And if you dont think a rookie coach can do anything look at mora last year. And saban is not a college coach like the failure college coaches have been. He was a Coordinator in the NFL, he knows what flies here and what doesnt (I.E. Spurriers run and gun).

oh and i thought of somthing else if ricky didnt quit on us last year we would have been stuck with fielder at QB, it was his inneffectiveness that came out with no running game, so basically ricky leaving got rid of wanny and jay.

You have to bring age into account. Yeah, we have a lot of depth at every postion, that doesn't mean we have experience at that position.

djfresh47 said:
A for sure playoff team? I think there is alot of optimism, I would be happy if they don't finish in last in the Afc East. I think Nick Saban is gonna be a good coach, but he still has not proven anything, he had a good draft, but IMO 6-8 wins would be a good start. I think Miami is closer to being the worst team in the AFC than being a playoff team, with that said they would be a playoff contender in the NFC.

You are the crazy one. This team right now has better talent than the team that went 10-6 3 seasons ago. Last year was an aberrancy. Look at the roster and compare it to other teams in the AFC and tell me with a straight face that they are closer to being the worst team in the AFC.

Losman7 said:
Well, Bledsoe personally lost 3 games for us last year, and was at the bottom of the AFC as a QB. Sure he had more expieriance, but he still made rookie mistakes, the same mistakes Losman will make. But if you add in Losman's mobility I believe that the field will be even Bledsoe vs Losman.

As far as Feeley goes, he made some flat out awful decisions last year, played like a rookie at times, and lost alot of games for his team.

Sure hes tough, and he made a few great throws, but if he's any more reliable than Losman at this point its minute.

Feeley is coming off a horrible season, and learning a new systme, hes essentially a rookie. Losman has been in our system longer than Feeley has been in the Phins.

Linehans system is more QB friendly. Feeley may thrive in the new system.

jlfin said:
Linehans system is more QB friendly. Feeley may thrive in the new system.

WHoa! Hold on, Linehans system is more QB friendly??

Mularkeys system turned Kordell and Tommy Maddox into probowlers.

Think before you post.

Losman7 said:
Losman will not hurt our team any more than Bledsoe did last year. And He won't hurt our team any more than Feeley does the Phins.

yah just wanna say that even as a bills fan i agree with alot that you say. I do believe that losman will be better than bledsoe becuase of his mobility. his mobility will take care of alot of the bills o line problems if they have any. but its unrealistic to say hes not going to have a learning curve. besides rothlesberger it takes a while for new qbs to get into rythm. i just dont think he will have it by the time he plays us the first game. maybe by the end of the season but aj has played in the nfl so hes alittle ahead of losman in that learning curve. always close games tho

Losman7 said:
WHoa! Hold on, Linehans system is more QB friendly??

Mularkeys system turned Kordell and Tommy Maddox into probowlers.

Think before you post.

I would ask the same of you. I was referring to the comparison between the system in place now and the system Feeley had to deal with last year (or rather, lack of a system). Last year there were no hot routes or blitz breakoffs. Wanny and Foerster pretty much expected the QB's to hang in there and take a beating.

jlfin said:
I would ask the same of you. I was referring to the comparison between the system in place now and the system Feeley had to deal with last year (or rather, lack of a system). Last year there were no hot routes or blitz breakoffs. Wanny and Foerster pretty much expected the QB's to hang in there and take a beating.

OK, Sorry for jumping on you.

If they can get Feeley time he can make throws, hell he made some beauties against the Bills last year in Miami.

Its all about time with him.

gr8slayer said:
Your and unrealistic person.

ehh optimistic you could say, if everything works out with our offence and our d can stay healthy i wouldnt say its unrealistic. alot has to work in our favor true. but im not going out on a limb on alot of those picks. the bills games will be close, but its just my opinion that losman is going to take awhile to get into the groove of things. by the second time we face him things will be different. same can be said for feeley though, im jus hoping for the best

Back
Top Bottom