Merged: Frerotte Likely Gone/Looks Like Carter Is Staying | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Frerotte Likely Gone/Looks Like Carter Is Staying

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I have no idea how we got so lucky to get a guy like Carter last year. Great leader in the locker room, great player on the field and to top it off he is a great guy in general.

I am neither suprised nor disappointed about the news on Gus though.

"The Dolphins were going to cut Frerotte on Thursday to create $7 million in salary cap space, agent Marvin Demoff said."

Wow. His cap number has really gone up.

I don't think I can even allow myself to imagine Mawae in a Dolphins uni. Please no.

Phinanthropist said:
"The Dolphins were going to cut Frerotte on Thursday to create $7 million in salary cap space, agent Marvin Demoff said."

Wow. His cap number has really gone up.

I don't think I can even allow myself to imagine Mawae in a Dolphins uni.
I am not really sure where this $7 million is coming from. I have heard anywhere between $1.5 million - $4.5 million, but this is the first time I heard 7.

sounds like good news for our organization. Kevin Carter restructuring ( i kind of felt he would), Frerotte either gone or taking a huge paycut, and we're looking at a solid backup QB with starting experience and some potential. good news all around.

ok ramsey the back up................... then who would the starter be????
im a little lost

Wow finally a lil good news..

not that i didnt like gus but he had to go...he wasnt our qb of the future...and to me this only helps us become better...and signals two things
1.Saban knows there's a qb who will be available
2. That player will be significantly better than Gus

I like the idea of Mawae as well...he could help this team immensely...he may be old but he's still a top center in this league

Great News in a bad time...

I like Mawae... but I am worried what kind of money he is going to command...

And who knows who our QB will be at this point... I am just going to sit back and let Saban do the work... he is going to get it done...

i guess they are very confident in getting brees if we are cutting gus (without even considering a re-structure?)

Back
Top Bottom