Merged: Frerotte Likely Gone/Looks Like Carter Is Staying | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Frerotte Likely Gone/Looks Like Carter Is Staying

NLude33 said:
If the CBA is extended, we could sign Bently and Brees! Forget Mawae.

bently is going to sign with the eagles

Eagles | Team set to sign Bentley
Thu, 2 Mar 2006 21:34:11 -0800
Bob Brookover, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports the <A Philadelphia Eagles are set to sign free agent C LeCharles Bentley (Saints). Bentley's interest in joining the Eagles is so strong that the only thing preventing the signing from happening Friday, March 3, was the delay in the start of free agency.

I want Mawae just because it would be a slap in the face to the Jets. I wouldn't break the bank for him though; his best years are behind him.

The best news is that they're gonna talk again and try to get a deal done in the next 3 days...that's the best news football can give us right now....once the deal is done things will start to happen very fast imo.....I trust Saban to do what's best for the team.

Ozzy rules!!

KuchaMucha said:
Yea, I'm really happy to hear that Carter is staying...Mawae would be a very nice pick up. Very experienced and he could/would be the leader (and example) of the pretty young OL.

I know one player that would be very happy to have Mawae on the team..........ZACH THOMAS! Kevin owned Zach in every Dolphins/Jets game. Would love to hear what they say to each other the first time they meet.

Maybe we would finally have a leader on the O.

mawae is a 12 year vet, he's not gettin any younger, he cant be demandin top dollar like he is in his prime.

Wallace758 said:
not that i didnt like gus but he had to go...he wasnt our qb of the future...and to me this only helps us become better...and signals two things
1.Saban knows there's a qb who will be available
2. That player will be significantly better than Gus

I like the idea of Mawae as well...he could help this team immensely...he may be old but he's still a top center in this league

Great News in a bad time...

We would keep him if we could afford it, it doesn't "mean" much.

CrunchTime said:
It is my understanding that the Dolphins waived that right by cutting those players a day earlier than necessary.They are all FAs now.Its a shame because maybe something could have been worked out with Madison.He was willing to play along it seems.
If Madison wants to play along as you put it, he can always be resigned. Personally i'm ready for our D to get younger.

The only problem I have with signing Mawae is that he's 35... and will probably not come too cheap for an offensive lineman. The Carter news is great to me, gives our defensive front more depth, experience and class for a little while longer. I said something about Ramsey would be a backup for us yesterday and FREAKIN' bye Gus.

DolphinDevil28 said:
Mike and Mike in the Morning just said that they are both very, very optomistic that a deal will get done this weekend.

That news, plus the fact that KC is willing to restructure, has things looking up finally.

We will have gone from cap-strapped to FILTHY RICH in free agency if the CBA gets extended this weekend.

filthy rich?? how much you think we're going to be able to work with.....?

Dolfan5000 said:
The only problem I have with signing Mawae is that he's 35... and will probably not come too cheap for an offensive lineman. The Carter news is great to me, gives our defensive front more depth, experience and class for a little while longer. I said something about Ramsey would be a backup for us yesterday and FREAKIN' bye Gus.

Yea...Carter is also the Miami Dolphins Player Representative after only 1 year.

good news that we are keeping Carter but I don't think we should cut Frerotte but I guess he won't restructure and we have to cut him. but he is currently the only QB on the roster with knowledge of our system and he has played well. this better mean we are going after Brees because we need a guy now who can start right away and Ramsey is not the answer as a starter

Back
Top Bottom