Merged: Frerotte Likely Gone/Looks Like Carter Is Staying | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Frerotte Likely Gone/Looks Like Carter Is Staying

Specialk0832 said:
filthy rich?? how much you think we're going to be able to work with.....?

Well, being that we already cut Madison, Jones, Howard and McIntosh, plus it looks like Gus is gone, plus we will be restructuring Kevin Carter and most likely Zach and JT
(all this assuming the CBA gets extended)

A LOT.

Enough to get Brees, another good vet offensive lineman and someone else. And money to sign the draft picks. :up:

DolphinDevil28 said:
Well, being that we already cut Madison, Jones, Howard and McIntosh, plus it looks like Gus is gone, plus we will be restructuring Kevin Carter and most likely Zach and JT
(all this assuming the CBA gets extended)

A LOT.

Enough to get Brees, another good vet offensive lineman and someone else. And money to sign the draft picks. :up:
in my estimates we will have about 20 million of room to work with if a new CBA is done

Asta la vista GUS! Good riddens. No Gus means way less yelling at the tv which means means mama won't yell at papa which could lead to papa being a very happy man (if you know what I mean). God bless Saban.

Hey, if the Brees thing doesn't work out....what is the Matt Schaub situation. He looks more impressive than any of the other names getting thrown around.

doesn't this carter restructuring remind anyone else of what players do for bill belichick and the patriots? they go out and sign veterans who are "past their prime" and they play great, even if in a limited role, and they take less money to stay. i wouldn't be surprised if some other highly-paid players step up and do the same.

I am waiting to hear about JT restructuring honestly. I love that Zach offered earlier in the year.

DolphinDevil28 said:
Mike and Mike in the Morning just said that they are both very, very optomistic that a deal will get done this weekend.

That news, plus the fact that KC is willing to restructure, has things looking up finally.

We will have gone from cap-strapped to FILTHY RICH in free agency if the CBA gets extended this weekend.

Its going to be a long weekend waiting to get the CBA done.:( We might not have the final news until monday. After the long weekend lets hope its good news.:D

I really hope we sign brees and I love this talk of cutting Gus because it shows our interest in Brees is strong. Its dragging on for so long tho and its killing me, make haste slowly i guess

Back
Top Bottom