Merged: Hey Boomer / Boomer on Day 1 | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Hey Boomer / Boomer on Day 1

I think the 32 is prime trade down territory and it's where you end up getting an extra 1 for 2009.

Round 2 is tough to call because you could go LT with an Anthony Collins or a Williams or a Sam Baker if he falls. You could go a big WR like Sweed, etc. You could hit tight end with Davis or Bennett. You could go LB with a Beau Bell or a Shawn Crable. You could go DT with Athyba Rubin or the junior from Auburn. You could go DB with a Reggie Smith or a Rodgers-Cromartie or a Justin King, etc.

So tough to call.

1st pick? I think it's one of Dorsey, Chris Long, Jake Long and then slightly longer odds on Sedrick ellis and Gholston.

Boomer,

As you may or may not recall, I was a proponent to draft the best player available last year because I thought the phins needed to increase its talent base regardless of position. As such, I was in favor of picking P. Willis. I am be no means disappointed Ginn and believe he will eventually be a No. 1 receiver. Not taking into account position, who do you think is the best player in this draft?

Boomer,

As you may or may not recall, I was a proponent to draft the best player available last year because I thought the phins needed to increase its talent base regardless of position. As such, I was in favor of picking P. Willis. I am be no means disappointed Ginn and believe he will eventually be a No. 1 receiver. Not taking into account position, who do you think is the best player in this draft?

Tough question. Based on productivity, Darren McFadden is pretty damn good, but I have issues about him. Glenn Dorsey I think, is going to be a hell of a player.

This draft isn't top heavy with amazing talent. It's strength lies in picks 20-60.

Hey Boom, whats your take on Parcells/Ireland's plan for FA this year? You're usually good at predicting some under the radar guys, as well as the splash signings.

Gimme some names.

Thanks, good to have you around "mate" :)

Hey Boom, whats your take on Parcells/Ireland's plan for FA this year? You're usually good at predicting some under the radar guys, as well as the splash signings.

Gimme some names.

Thanks, good to have you around "mate" :)

Big guys, fast guys, good character guys, smart guys, both lines, defenders who can play the 3-4 and the 4-3.

I'm intrigued with Carl Nicks. he has impressed so far at the Senior Bowl. However during the year he seemed to be able to be beaten by pure speed; a guy willing to commit outside and take the real long way around him to the QB.

I want to see him play against some good DE's this weekend. What do you think of him Boom.

Can Sedrick Ellis play NT in a 3-4? If so, how do Glenn Dorsey and Sedrick Ellis compare to Casey Hampton and Vince Wilfork in the years they were drafted? Who has the edge in technique, strength and quickness?

Can Sedrick Ellis play NT in a 3-4? If so, how do Glenn Dorsey and Sedrick Ellis compare to Casey Hampton and Vince Wilfork in the years they were drafted? Who has the edge in technique, strength and quickness?

I wouldnt be surprised if Ellis goes before Dorsey. He's a prototype 4-3, 3 technique DT. Think he's better at pass rushing than Dorsey so it depends on what a team needs more. I dont think Ellis could play NT in a 3-4 but I would be interested in what Boomer thinks

Hey Boomer. Havent heard anything about DE Jeremy Thompson Wake Forest but I think he could be phenomenal. He's not the ESPN highlight pass rusher type but he has the tools to get sacks. His real strength is he's a stone wall against the run. Have you heard any updates about him from the Senior Bowl? Also, what round do you think he goes? 3rd?

I still think matt ryan will be a hell of a player, we shall see about his turnover problem.

I still think matt ryan will be a hell of a player, we shall see about his turnover problem.

The types of interceptions he has thrown are meaningless when evaluating him. Foot speed and arm strength are the only two things holding him back from being a consensus number one overall

I'm intrigued with Carl Nicks. he has impressed so far at the Senior Bowl. However during the year he seemed to be able to be beaten by pure speed; a guy willing to commit outside and take the real long way around him to the QB.

I want to see him play against some good DE's this weekend. What do you think of him Boom.

Seems like the ideal fit to move inside and be a stud guard 6'4 350 who lacks movement and can get beat my a speed rush. I say move over Monica Liewisnki and Corey Lekekekekekekekekekekekekekeker say hello to our starting beast LG!!

Boomer, someone in the main forum mentioned the name Kroy Biermann and posted this youtube vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovNOAtJEeuY

I asked a friend who is a huge Grizz fan about him and he loves the kid, although that might be because he knows him. ;) Anyway, here is what I found on him.

Biermann named winner of Buck Buchanan Award
by: Dave Guffey of the UM Sports Information Department
Thursday, 12/13/2007

University of Montana senior defensive end Kroy Biermann was named the recipient of the 2007 Buck Buchanan Award, which is given annually by the Sports Network to the top defensive player in the Division I Football Championship Subdivision (FCS).

A 6-foot-3, 241-pounder from Hardin, Mont., Biermann edged out Appalachian State’s outstanding senior safety Corey Lynch for the award. Biermann was presented the award Thursday night at the Sports Network Awards banquet in Chattanooga, Tenn.

“Obviously it is an amazing feeling to be recognized for such a prestigious award,’’ Biermann said. “To be chosen as the top defensive player in the FCS is truly a great experience. I know that other players who were up for this award all had amazing seasons and were just as deserving of it as I was. To receive the 2007 Buck Buchanan Award is truly a dream come true.’’

Montana is the first program to have a player win both the Buchanan and the Walter Payton Awards. The Walter Payton Award is given annually to the top offensive player in FCS football. Quarterback Dave Dickenson won the 1995 Walter Payton Award, the year he led the Grizzlies to the national championship.

Montana can also claim to be the only school to win all three major individual awards presented by the Sports Network. Joe Glenn, now the coach at Wyoming, won the Eddie Robinson Award in 2000.

The Grizzlies previously had two players finish second in the Buck Buchanan Award race, defensive end Andy Petek in 2000 and safety Vince Huntsberger in 2001.

Biermann, the 2007 Big Sky Defensive MVP, led the Big Sky Conference with 15 sacks, second-most in the nation. He registered 18 tackles for loss and a league-high five forced fumbles. Biermann was credited with 72 total tackles.

In 2007, the Grizzlies finished the regular season 11-0, winning their 10th straight Big Sky Conference title and qualifying for the FCS playoffs for the 15th consecutive season.

Led by Biermann, Montana led the Big Sky and finished second in the nation in scoring defense, surrendering just 14.8 points per game. The Griz led the Big Sky in total defense at 333.8 yards per game, and was first in pass defense efficiency and second in rushing defense.

Biermann finished his standout career with 33 sacks, 45 tackles for loss, nine forced fumbles and seven fumble recoveries in 52 career games. He started 22 games.

“I think some of the credit should go to my coaches, my teammates and to my University,’’ Biermann said. “To get the opportunity to be a part of the Montana Grizzly football program is something I am very thankful for and will cherish the rest of my life.’’

Idaho State defensive end Jared Allen, a starter with the Kansas City Chiefs, was the first (and only) Big Sky player to win the Buchanan award, receiving it in 2003.

The Big Sky has had six Walter Payton award winners, the most by any conference: Idaho quarterback John Freisz, 1989; Weber State quarterback Jaime Martin, 1991; Idaho quarterback Doug Nussmeier, 1993; Dickenson in 1995; Northern Arizona running back Archie Amerson, 1996; and Eastern Washington quarterback Erik Meyer, 2005.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=ncf&id=3166364
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=20181
http://www.nflfans.com/x/2008/showplayer.php?key=Kroy Biermann

Have you had a chance to watch him and what are your thoughts?

Boomer, someone in the main forum mentioned the name Kroy Biermann and posted this youtube vid.

Have you had a chance to watch him and what are your thoughts?

Yeah, that someone was me. :) I think it bears noting that I first heard about him from someone named Phin on another board.

Kroy Biermann is 6'3", 242 lbs., and runs a 4.74 forty. Unlike many DE's who will be converted to OLB's, he has excellent lateral agility and strength. Athletically, this kid is a monster. His technique seems to be strong for sacking, tackling, stripping the ball, blocking passes, and all of the other little things that most college kids lack. He's been fast since his freshman year and he's retained that speed as he's bulked up each year. Physically, I think he's the prototype guy to play ILB in a 3-4, but he's probably going to start as a backup OLB and learn.

Yeah, thanks for that vid. I had never heard of him before.

2 plays really stood out to me, the 2nd one where he is tripped up and hops right back up to make the play and the 3rd play where he loses his initial blocker, hits the back and then makes the play. He seems like a very high motor guy. How does he do on ST's?

Back
Top Bottom