Merged: Hey Boomer / Boomer on Day 1 | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Hey Boomer / Boomer on Day 1

Thanks Boomer, as a person that doesn't watch much college ball, I value all the insight that you share. :)

Hey Boomer, good to see you back..

Since this is a free-for-all session for Boomer, Ill give it a shot.

Which of the 3 U.of Hawaii WR's game translates best in the NFL and what are your rankings of them?

hey boom glad to have the site up miss out ocasional EPL chat GO gunners but all the talk with the TE you think we take one with one of our 2nd rounders or build the dline or db

Hey Boomer, good to see you back..

Since this is a free-for-all session for Boomer, Ill give it a shot.

Which of the 3 U.of Hawaii WR's game translates best in the NFL and what are your rankings of them?

Bess could be a great slot WR because he's so quick. Not fast, but good route runner, quick in and out of his breaks. Grice Mullen would be next and then Jason Rivers.

hey boom glad to have the site up miss out ocasional EPL chat GO gunners but all the talk with the TE you think we take one with one of our 2nd rounders or build the dline or db

I think there's a strong chance we go for a tight end in rounds 2 or 3. That pick at 32 is going to be trade down central, so we could accrue extra picks.

Hey Boomer with his work this week do you see Athyba Rubin pushing late second early third? I believe he is the best 3-4 NT prospect in the draft and teams like the Jets are gonna be watching him very closely. And with the assumption that we will be a pure 3-4 team what do you think of Ezra Butler as a possible 3-4 ILB. I have seen many comparisons to Adalius Thomas. Butler has great measurables (6'2 248 4.55) but didnt exactly play top competion at Nevada but not bad.

Might as well title this thread "Ask Boomer" and sticky it.

Hey Boomer, what do you think about Cergile Sincere of FAU?

Hey Boomer with his work this week do you see Athyba Rubin pushing late second early third? I believe he is the best 3-4 NT prospect in the draft and teams like the Jets are gonna be watching him very closely. And with the assumption that we will be a pure 3-4 team what do you think of Ezra Butler as a possible 3-4 ILB. I have seen many comparisons to Adalius Thomas. Butler has great measurables (6'2 248 4.55) but didnt exactly play top competion at Nevada but not bad.

I agree that Rubin is moving up the board and he had a decent week of practices. He's powerful, he gets good leverage and he keeps his feet moving, staying low. He can also get some serious penetration in the backfield. But he's a project; he was an offensive lineman until last season and that shows when you see him use his hands, which are average. Pure nose tackles are hard to find, so you might see him go day 1. I think his raw-ness will stop him from going in the top 40, but someone who runs a pure 3-4 could really take a shine to him, especially if he works out well in Indianapolis.

I like Butler. He strikes me as the ideal Dolphin; Jeff Ireland wants guys who can play a 3-4 and a 4-3 and that's Butler. He runs like a gazelle and has great size.

Might as well title this thread "Ask Boomer" and sticky it.

Hey Boomer, what do you think about Cergile Sincere of FAU?

Hey Silver, I haven't seen Florida Atlantic, so I can't tell you. I know this; at 5'10 and 215, he's have to be a safety.

hey boomer, i would like to get your thoughts on matt ryan? i think he is going to be a player, despite his turnovers at BC

He forces the ball too much for me. You can't turn the ball over the way he does.

Anybody's perspective on these picks different after the season?

Should the Dolphins have taken Brady Quinn, Amobi Okoye, Patrick Willis or Dwayne Bowe instead of Ginn?

Everyone still high on Beck? Obviously it is too early for final assessment but certainly it was disappointing that CLEO LEMON thoroughly outplayed him.

How about passing on Tony Ugoh in the 2nd round?

Time offers some different perspective, any thoughts?

Should the Dolphins have taken Brady Quinn, Amobi Okoye, Patrick Willis or Dwayne Bowe instead of Ginn?

Everyone still high on Beck? Obviously it is too early for final assessment but certainly it was disappointing that CLEO LEMON thoroughly outplayed him.

no regrets yet, still too early. The only guy I probably would have taken instead of Ginn is Willis.

4 games is not enough time to judge a young QB. I liked some of what I saw, but he also made some mistakes.

Ugoh had a really good year, but that was a huge shock to most people. Many said he had great potential, but was really raw and would not compete for a starting job for a couple years. (one of the reasons the pick was heavily critizied.... besides the fact that no one thought Tarik Glenn would retire so they thought it was stupid to trade a future first)

looking back though, I would've loved to see us draft a CB somewhere

Well I'm on record as wanting Patrick Willis at that spot last year but unlike alot of people I feel Ginn was an acceptable option. We needed the speed to stretch the field and Ginn fit that bill. I was very happy with his progress this past year and feel it was a worthy pick. I'll take him over Dwayne Bowe long term. Bowe definitely had more impact year one but we can compare them after year three to see who was the better player

I was against the Beck pick. I had Kevin Kolb and Trent Edwards rated higher but if it was me picking the pick would have been Sidney Rice, Ryan Kalil or Marcus McCauley. McCauley was who I leaned to with that pick. Of course he didnt go until the 3rd so we would have overdrafted him, lol. I am horrible at slotting. Kolb was off the board if we went QB so Edwards would have been the choice but I'm not sure Beck can't be better. I really wasnt that impressed with Edwards his first year out. I think Beck and Edwards will have similar careers. Average to below average starters but excellent backups

Btw I was crushed when Kalil went one pick before us but Satele is a much better pick. Shows how little I know lol

Back
Top Bottom