Merged: Hey Boomer / Boomer on Day 1 | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Hey Boomer / Boomer on Day 1

Your posts are reminiscent of that last little piece of turd that won't come out. Just annoying. That would apply to this post and your follow up as well. Boy, we sure needed a re-cap of your point- not like you didn't already knock the pulp out of it and then send it through the Juiceman 2000. If I ask you nicely, will you please shut your pie hole and just move along? You had about 15 replies to your thread, about 7 or so were your own, do the math on how electric and stimulating your thread was, rest its soul, to the Finheaven community.

:yes:

Go Boomer!!!! Your insight and knowledge help us all....

Too much ado about nothing. if you do not buy his sources then call him out all you like. I personally think that nobody on this friggin board has any real sources in the dolphin organization. Even the media lies about having sources to look good. I noticed Hyde has not named a source on the specualtion that we had Beck rated higher, but Salugero named Mueller as his source of info and still some on this board doubt his validity. We all have sources, its just how vast they are and if we care to go the extra mile to use them. I just don't like how all this resorts into a name calling match, dispute the damn facts or reports like men and fight your own damn battles. I take everything said on this board with a grain of salt and most of it is for entertainment value. If you want to find out on a player do some research and don't take what any one person or source as bible on that matter. The best self professed gurus, miss quite often, so what its called prognosticating, not palm reading. These are educated guesses by the media and people. Do you
really think that teams just advertise thier plans to certain people so they can talk about it elsewhere. Yes, some things may leak but I assure you that the top brass does make quite an attempt to conceal thier pick. No one is above criticism on this board and nobody should be overly criticized over the trivial matter that we do. I truly love when I see replies that act like everybody else knows so much less than them when they disagree. Yes, boomer's mock was a shambles but so was alot of other peoples. when i looked at it I immediately disagreed with Peterson falling that far, but you know it was his opinion so I had little to say on it. I did a mock of the players I felt we should take,but this was not based on who I thought they would take. I dont even do a full mock because I get little fun out of predicting who will go where, i would rather speculate on who will be good NFL players. I even speculated on how I thought they should have drafted and I get a rude comment on how Mel Kiper determined what my opinions are. I very rarely read much of what Kiper has to say, because I have other sources that I prefer to use as well as my own research. I guess what this big, unorganized paragraph or semblence
there of is saying is that everyone has a right to thier opinion, lets just not make this personal or condescending.

Grammar patrol please have at it. I am at work so oh well, read me or not.

Too much ado about nothing. if you do not buy his sources then call him out all you like. I personally think that nobody on this friggin board has any real sources in the dolphin organization. Even the media lies about having sources to look good. I noticed Hyde has not named a source on the specualtion that we had Beck rated higher, but Salugero named Mueller as his source of info and still some on this board doubt his validity. We all have sources, its just how vast they are and if we care to go the extra mile to use them. I just don't like how all this resorts into a name calling match, dispute the damn facts or reports like men and fight your own damn battles. I take everything said on this board with a grain of salt and most of it is for entertainment value. If you want to find out on a player do some research and don't take what any one person or source as bible on that matter. The best self professed gurus, miss quite often, so what its called prognosticating, not palm reading. These are educated guesses by the media and people. Do you
really think that teams just advertise thier plans to certain people so they can talk about it elsewhere. Yes, some things may leak but I assure you that the top brass does make quite an attempt to conceal thier pick. No one is above criticism on this board and nobody should be overly criticized over the trivial matter that we do. I truly love when I see replies that act like everybody else knows so much less than them when they disagree. Yes, boomer's mock was a shambles but so was alot of other peoples. when i looked at it I immediately disagreed with Peterson falling that far, but you know it was his opinion so I had little to say on it. I did a mock of the players I felt we should take,but this was not based on who I thought they would take. I dont even do a full mock because I get little fun out of predicting who will go where, i would rather speculate on who will be good NFL players. I even speculated on how I thought they should have drafted and I get a rude comment on how Mel Kiper determined what my opinions are. I very rarely read much of what Kiper has to say, because I have other sources that I prefer to use as well as my own research. I guess what this big, unorganized paragraph or semblence
there of is saying is that everyone has a right to thier opinion, lets just not make this personal or condescending.

Grammar patrol please have at it. I am at work so oh well, read me or not.

Best post I have ever read. Thank you for this intelligent post. You have changed the way in which I view the media and other sources.

Boomer...

Whats your take on

Chris Williams OT Vanderbuilt..........and is he there for us in the 2nd?

Caleb Campbell SS Army........whats your take on him and do we have a shot at him?

Whats your take on

Chris Williams OT Vanderbuilt..........and is he there for us in the 2nd?

Caleb Campbell SS Army........whats your take on him and do we have a shot at him?

I think Williams has the ability to be whatever he wants to be. He's athletic, he'll test well, but he's inconsistent. If he works hard, he could be special. But he needs to knuckle down. I prefer Anthony Collins of Kansas.

I haven't seen Army this year and in fact I don't think I have a tape yet to view. (I still have about 40 games to watch as I tend to do a lot of viewing when the seasons over). But I've been hearing good things about him and he's been impressive this week in the Shrine practices.

Do we have a shot? Of course. He's been told anywhere between 3rd and 7th rounds. I think closer to 7 than 3, but........

In case you were wondering if Army would interfer with him entering the NFL...

Caleb Campbell link

http://www.amarillo.com/stories/1201..._9082550.shtml

It's not just Campbell's stature and speed that have NFL scouts interested; it's his propensity for highlight-reel hits and his ability to fly all over the field. Against Temple this season, Campbell's helmet-popping hit on a receiver coming across the middle was a shot heard around the world, literally. It was aired by ESPN on SportsCenter's plays of the day. Later in the game, Campbell drilled Temple running back Justin Harper, causing the ball to fly into the air and roll back about 20 yards. An Army teammate fell on it in the end zone for Army's second touchdown of the game.

"I pride myself on being a physical player," Campbell said. "As a unit, we want to send a message every time we line up out there."

I think Williams has the ability to be whatever he wants to be. He's athletic, he'll test well, but he's inconsistent. If he works hard, he could be special. But he needs to knuckle down. I prefer Anthony Collins of Kansas.

I haven't seen Army this year and in fact I don't think I have a tape yet to view. (I still have about 40 games to watch as I tend to do a lot of viewing when the seasons over). But I've been hearing good things about him and he's been impressive this week in the Shrine practices.

Do we have a shot? Of course. He's been told anywhere between 3rd and 7th rounds. I think closer to 7 than 3, but........

Boomer,

I hope that all is well with you. You were right about Ryan Clady, he's a stud. I'd still like to get Gosder Cherilius in the 2nd round, maybe he, Sam Baker, Jeff Otah or Michael Oher will fall.

A few months ago you mentioned Chad Henne- I watched him in the Illinios game and I was really impressed. What do you think of taking him in the late 2nd or early 3rd rounds? Lots of needs on this team I know, but I really liked what I saw of him, maybe my view is too limited. From what I've seen I'd take Henne over Colt Brennan, curious as to your opinion. I still like John Beck- he needs a little time- and Trent Green coming back as a backup at the right price works for me.

Anyway, it's great to see the site back up. Cheers.

Boomer,

I hope that all is well with you. You were right about Ryan Clady, he's a stud. I'd still like to get Gosder Cherilius in the 2nd round, maybe he, Sam Baker, Jeff Otah or Michael Oher will fall.

A few months ago you mentioned Chad Henne- I watched him in the Illinios game and I was really impressed. What do you think of taking him in the late 2nd or early 3rd rounds? Lots of needs on this team I know, but I really liked what I saw of him, maybe my view is too limited. From what I've seen I'd take Henne over Colt Brennan, curious as to your opinion. I still like John Beck- he needs a little time- and Trent Green coming back as a backup at the right price works for me.

Speaking of Sam Baker why does his stock seem to be falling so hard? Once upon a time he was the #2 tackle. Now I seem him going in the second to mid second round in mocks. Did I miss something with this guy or is he grading out lower than originally thought?

Boomer,

Hi Jim,

All good thanks. Good to see you too.

Oher is staying at Ole Miss.

I don't think we'll take a QB on day 1 (or the old day 1 as it was). I may be wrong, but I think we'll get a vet in to compete with Beck and take a Matt Flynn type later on.

Hey Boomer what do you think about QB prospect Kevin O'Connell of Sandiego ST? I like him alot and he layed very well considering who he had around him.

Hey Boomer what do you think about QB prospect Kevin O'Connell of Sandiego ST? I like him alot and he layed very well considering who he had around him.

To be honest Ralph, I've not seen SDS this year so it may be a little unfair of me to give an opinion.

I was going to ask Boomer about Kevin O'Connell also. He seems like a good sleeper to me also.

Hey Boom, what are your thoughts on these mid/late round players?

DT/DE Kendall Langford - Hampton

S Caleb Campbell -Army

TE Brad Cottam -Tennessee

CB Darnell Terrell - Missouri

And what of BJ Raji? Is he eligible for the draft and what are your thoughts on him?

Thanks bud :)

Ive been singing the praise about Collins since he declared. I'm starting to think that hes gonna advance past the third round grade into early 2. I wouldn't be upset with him at 32.

Hey Boom, what are your thoughts on these mid/late round players?

DT/DE Kendall Langford - Hampton

S Caleb Campbell -Army

TE Brad Cottam -Tennessee

CB Darnell Terrell - Missouri

And what of BJ Raji? Is he eligible for the draft and what are your thoughts on him?

Thanks bud :)

Hey mate.....

I haven't seen Hampton I'm afraid. I know Kiper likes the kids' upside. Similarly with Army. But I know Caleb made quite an impression this week.

Cottam has big upside and is a Parcells/Sparano type. CK is really high on him. He shoudl work out well and has a nice hands/size/speed/blocking combination. He gets off the line quickly, but only started 9 games and had his 1st touchdown in his final game. Terrell has great size, is quick, has a nose for the ball, but he's stiff and he doesn't have great feet. He doesn't gear down and back up very well.

Back
Top Bottom