Merged: Hey Boomer / Boomer on Day 1 | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Hey Boomer / Boomer on Day 1

I know someone on the "inside"!

A good friend from when I was younger works in Scott Pioli's office. He used to email me a couple of times with some neat little tidbits about players they were interviewing, etc.. obviously NOTHING concrete, but he did tell me that Randy Moss was more than likely coming to New England.. this was said in January.. Crazy, eh?

But yeah, I really don't know how people have insiders that actually give solid information, like who a team targets, etc.. because even in Pioli's office they just have a big board of players they are interviewing/filming that week, and a majority of it is still smoke screened.

Great post! This has been my point all along. Seems like some on this board like to think that so called "sources" that they may have are in the know about a teams's draft intentions. There isn't an insider within any NFL organization that is willing to risk his job for a message board poster's "inside information". As I have said before most teams keep the targets of their draft limited to a few people in their organization...usually the GM, Head Coach and Owner. The guy that makes the coffee for Wayne H. is not going to know who the Fins intend on drafting.

Great post! This has been my point all along. Seems like some on this board like to think that so called "sources" that they may have are in the know about a teams's draft intentions. There isn't an insider within any NFL organization that is willing to risk his job for a message board poster's "inside information". As I have said before most teams keep the targets of their draft limited to a few people in their organization...usually the GM, Head Coach and Owner. The guy that makes the coffee for Wayne H. is not going to know who the Fins intend on drafting.

If you want to keep talking about this and saying the same things over and over and over again, how about starting your own thread? This thread was started by Boomer to share his opinions with those who value them. You have a right to your opinion, but you're contaminating this thread. From my perspective that would be the best for everyone involved- the tangent that you're on isn't really conducive to the intent of this thread and, quite frankly, it makes it less fun. Just start your own. Those who value your input will seek it out.

If you want to keep talking about this and saying the same things over and over and over again, how about starting your own thread? This thread was started by Boomer to share his opinions with those who value them. You have a right to your opinion, but you're contaminating this thread. From my perspective that would be the best for everyone involved- the tangent that you're on isn't really conducive to the intent of this thread and, quite frankly, it makes it less fun. Just start your own. Those who value your input will seek it out.

Just stating the facts my friend. If the truth hurts so be it. I have stated my opinion on these so-called sources. What is your position? Do you have an opinion on them?

Why does leon Washington have more in common with Booker than Minor.

Minor is 5-10 203
Booker is 5-11 195

Washington is 5'8" 203

all players run in the 4.4 range. The similarities that really exist besides being a starting Rb for Florida ST is that both Booker and Minor were the top runningbacks in thier recruiting class, much bigger prospects than Leon Washington and they were both drafted in the third round. Also Booker and Minor were very good receiving backs as well as dangerous on special teams.
Booker and Minor were also the feature backs of the FSU offense although Travis Minor had a much better career at FSU than Booker being thier third leading rusher all time with 3218 rushing yards. Both were first team all usa high school while Minor actually was Player of the year. So in reality a Booker/Minor comparism is much greater in similarities than a Washington one.

It's more about the style of runner each player is and not their size or numbers. Booker and Washington are shifty type of runners who will shake-n-bake you while Minor is not.

Just stating the facts my friend. If the truth hurts so be it. I have stated my opinion on these so-called sources. What is your position? Do you have an opinion on them?

You're just stating your opinion, not facts, and I'm not your friend. As to my opinion, I guess that you missed the intent of my previous post- the tangent that you're on is neither fun nor interesting, and on top of that you've beaten it to death. My opinion is that I find value in Boomer's posts and HIS thread. That's my main purpose for being on this thread Once again, I suggest that you start your own thread if you want to beat this issue to a pulp. Stop contaminating this one.

You're just stating your opinion, not facts, and I'm not your friend. As to my opinion, I guess that you missed the intent of my previous post- the tangent that you're on is neither fun nor interesting, and on top of that you've beaten it to death. My opinion is that I find value in Boomer's posts and HIS thread. That's my main purpose for being on this thread Once again, I suggest that you start your own thread if you want to beat this issue to a pulp. Stop contaminating this one.

Ignore my posts if the truth hurts you so much.

Ignore my posts if the truth hurts you so much.

Truth? Hah. Again, just take it somewhere else, like to your own thread maybe. And yes, I'll probably have to figure out where the spanner in the works button is, to jettison your contaminates from my view. I wish that I could say that it's been a pleasure- it hasn't. Grab your sack and start your own thread already. Those who view it could surely split a six-pack and have a good time.

Truth? Hah. Again, just take it somewhere else, like to your own thread maybe. And yes, I'll probably have to figure out where the spanner in the works button is, to jettison your contaminates from my view. I wish that I could say that it's been a pleasure- it hasn't. Grab your sack and start your own thread already. Those who view it could surely split a six-pack and have a good time.

Just trying to get some feedback on those "sources". I am just curious if they work for NFL teams. If you have anything constructive on this issue please share.

Just trying to get some feedback on those "sources". I am just curious if they work for NFL teams. If you have anything constructive on this issue please share.

You seem to be avoiding the concept of starting a new thread to explore this issue further, and instead continue to probe this one. So I'll ask you again, directly: How about starting your own thread?

I think what he is just trying to say to you is that people come to this thread looking for Boomers thoughts on Day One of the draft...not your questions about sources. You of course are entitled to your opinion but it would seem a separate thread about your thoughts on "sources" would be a better option.

I think what he is just trying to say to you is that people come to this thread looking for Boomers thoughts on Day One of the draft...not your questions about sources. You of course are entitled to your opinion but it would seem a separate thread about your thoughts on "sources" would be a better option.

Fair enough. Thanks and I will start a new thread.

Back
Top Bottom