Merged: Hey Boomer / Boomer on Day 1 | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Hey Boomer / Boomer on Day 1

Your sure Norm Chow thought more of Leinart than Vince Young?

Please give me your source.

My point was, Shea had just spent significant time trying to prepare Quinn for the draft, if he was totally enamored with him, thought he was a can't miss elite franchise QB, I'm quite sure he would have been our selection at #9, we are not the only QB needy team that passed on Brady Quinn.

Something really cooled Mueller and Cameron on Brady Quinn, they had no plans to draft him coming into this draft, it is only conjecture to hypothecize that Shea tilted the scale away from Brady Quinn, but it is logical to wonder, with his first hand knowledge and intimacy with Brady Quinn, why we were so down on him.

I don't think they were down on Quinn just were high on Ginn. I was just stating that I doubt Shea would determine our first pick of the draft no matter how high he was on a player much like chow in tennessee. I have no source on Chow but really doubt he thought that Vince Young was a better prospect than Leinhart. OC's do not determine who the third pick in the draft is. We have heard that Speilman liked Boldin better than Moore so its even more logical that people that had less to do with the draft would have even less influence. Who had final say in last year's draft, nobody believes it was Mueller. These were Mueller's own words.

"But we thought the combination of Ted Ginn and another guy would probably fill some more needs for us. I guess it's more of what we thought about Ted Ginn, not what we didn't think about Brady, because we liked Brady a lot."

I don't think they were down on Quinn just were high on Ginn. I was just stating that I doubt Shea would determine our first pick of the draft no matter how high he was on a player much like chow in tennessee. I have no source on Chow but really doubt he thought that Vince Young was a better prospect than Leinhart. OC's do not determine who the third pick in the draft is. We have heard that Speilman liked Boldin better than Moore so its even more logical that people that had less to do with the draft would have even less influence. Who had final say in last year's draft, nobody believes it was Mueller. These were Mueller's own words.

"But we thought the combination of Ted Ginn and another guy would probably fill some more needs for us. I guess it's more of what we thought about Ted Ginn, not what we didn't think about Brady, because we liked Brady a lot."

And yet, they also made the point that Beck was more accurate, and also made a point about how you can't teach an inaccurate QB to be accurate.

If they felt Brady was an elite Peyton Manning type prospect, they would have drafted him at 9, and Brady Quinn would not have slipped into the 20's.

And again, while we don't know and maybe never will, it comforts me to know that we had Brady Quinns QB coach for draft preparation on our staff to advise Randy Mueller and Cam Cameron. You are fooling yourself if you think they didn't talk to Shea about Brady Quinn, or that Tennessee's GM didn't discuss Matt Leinart VS Vince young with Norm Chow.

No, Shea didn't decide who we picked, but you can bet his opinion was solicited, just as Chows surely was at Tennessee.

This is common sense stuff here, but it seems some of you want to argue everything and every point.

For all the Brady Quinn lovers, the Dolphins and a lot of other teams passed on him, there is obviously something about him that teams are not in love with......deal with it.

How in the world do you know this Boom? Do you have sources in draft room of each team?:shakeno: :sidelol:

Because Jay Glazer said that they were with regards the Redskins, that Adam Schefter said that Houston would have taken Ginn at 10 and a published report in one of the St Louis papers said the same.

That's how I know.

Because Jay Glazer said that they were with regards the Redskins, that Adam Schefter said that Houston would have taken Ginn at 10 and a published report in one of the St Louis papers said the same.

That's how I know.

And these same guys swore that if Brady Quinn somehow lasted until the 9th pick the Miami Dolphins would be jumping up and down for joy. So "your sources" that you refer to are the media?

Not trying to give you a hard time, but I find it hard to believe that you have sources inside the Dolphin organization...especially when it comes to draft info and with the knowledge that there has been 4 different regimes of staff for the Fins in the last 7 years. So are your sources the media?

I have been a season ticket holder since the Griese days and obviously a huge Fin Fan. Fly down for half of the home games, was at the fake spike game in the Meadowlands, had 50 yardline seats for the famous Charger playoff game, known some of the players and team doctors and they don't even have a clue as to who the team is considering for the draft.

And these same guys swore that if Brady Quinn somehow lasted until the 9th pick the Miami Dolphins would be jumping up and down for joy. So "your sources" that you refer to are the media?
Nope. Before Miami took Ginn and shocked everyone, Schefter said "Not so Fast" on taking Quinn, according to his sources. He was right then.

Not trying to give you a hard time, but I find it hard to believe that you have sources inside the Dolphin organization...especially when it comes to draft info and with the knowledge that there has been 4 different regimes of staff for the Fins in the last 7 years. So are your sources the media?

I have been a season ticket holder since the Griese days and obviously a huge Fin Fan. Fly down for half of the home games, was at the fake spike game in the Meadowlands, had 50 yardline seats for the famous Charger playoff game, known some of the players and team doctors and they don't even have a clue as to who the team is considering for the draft.

I'm not sure where this is coming from, suffice to say that they aren't my contacts or sources. I was merely referring to published reports, as stated. Apropos of nothing, I DO know someone in the Redskins scouting department and I have a history on this site and others of continually nailing information, but essentially you can take it or leave it.

I'm not sure where this is coming from, suffice to say that they aren't my contacts or sources. I was merely referring to published reports, as stated. Apropos of nothing, I DO know someone in the Redskins scouting department and I have a history on this site and others of continually nailing information, but essentially you can take it or leave it.

Will the scout in the Redskins organization give you information on who they are considering as their pick(s) in the draft?

Agree with you on the first three picks. I absolutely love them, but I hate the Booker pick. I fear he's going to be the next Travis Minor. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Plenty of picks left. Let's hope we make the most of them...

I find it very frustrating when people compare Booker to Minor. IMO, the ONLY reason to compare them is they both went to the same school, so it makes for an easy comparison. Why not compare Booker to Leon Washington? They have more in common than Booker and Minor do.

Has anyone taken the time to compare Boomer's (self professed expert) mock draft to the actual draft? Very low percentage of accuracy Boom's...especially with the Fins.

If you don't like Boomer's posts, why not just put him on your "ignore" list?

Most of us who have been here for a while very much enjoy and appreciate the time and effort he puts in.

What have you ever contributed to the forum, besides condescending comments like this?

Marvin... yer pm box is full...

yes, I did... above all of it tho, Ginn has taken the highest possible road... that act of stupid celebration certainly changed the tone of the NC game, and probably cost Ginn millions... if he had run full speed, we never would have sniffed him, IMO. That he has flat refused to place ANY blame, despite the "cost" speaks well to me of his character. Have a nice "evening".... next time, i'll remember the time differences and send a morning beer! Cheers!

If you don't like Boomer's posts, why not just put him on your "ignore" list?

Most of us who have been here for a while very much enjoy and appreciate the time and effort he puts in.

What have you ever contributed to the forum, besides condescending comments like this?

Actually I find some of Boomer's posts very informative. I just find it hard to believe that anyone on this board or in the media has any source that would tip them off on what an NFL team is going to do in the draft. If he does have sources he might consider throwing them out as evidenced by his 1 for 16 mock draft.

I find it very frustrating when people compare Booker to Minor. IMO, the ONLY reason to compare them is they both went to the same school, so it makes for an easy comparison. Why not compare Booker to Leon Washington? They have more in common than Booker and Minor do.

Why does leon Washington have more in common with Booker than Minor.

Minor is 5-10 203
Booker is 5-11 195

Washington is 5'8" 203

all players run in the 4.4 range. The similarities that really exist besides being a starting Rb for Florida ST is that both Booker and Minor were the top runningbacks in thier recruiting class, much bigger prospects than Leon Washington and they were both drafted in the third round. Also Booker and Minor were very good receiving backs as well as dangerous on special teams.
Booker and Minor were also the feature backs of the FSU offense although Travis Minor had a much better career at FSU than Booker being thier third leading rusher all time with 3218 rushing yards. Both were first team all usa high school while Minor actually was Player of the year. So in reality a Booker/Minor comparism is much greater in similarities than a Washington one.

Actually I find some of Boomer's posts very informative. I just find it hard to believe that anyone on this board or in the media has any source that would tip them off on what an NFL team is going to do in the draft. If he does have sources he might consider throwing them out as evidenced by his 1 for 16 mock draft.

I know someone on the "inside"!

A good friend from when I was younger works in Scott Pioli's office. He used to email me a couple of times with some neat little tidbits about players they were interviewing, etc.. obviously NOTHING concrete, but he did tell me that Randy Moss was more than likely coming to New England.. this was said in January.. Crazy, eh?

But yeah, I really don't know how people have insiders that actually give solid information, like who a team targets, etc.. because even in Pioli's office they just have a big board of players they are interviewing/filming that week, and a majority of it is still smoke screened.

Back
Top Bottom