Merged: Hey Boomer / Boomer on Day 1 | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Hey Boomer / Boomer on Day 1

He forces the ball too much for me. You can't turn the ball over the way he does.

I feel the same way. The fumbles concern me.

How about Brohm? I've watched him for 4 years and I think he's going to have an excellent pro career. I think he laid to rest all the injury concerns this year since he played injury free and was hit plenty of times. Also that "system QB" stuff is a bunch of bunk. He's played under center and in the shotgun. That's probably the dumbest detraction all the "draft experts" use when describing a QB.

Wow , I went back and read all the stuff that was rolled into this thread. People sure got heated up over the last draft. Personally I love the draft and I hope there is a more possative reaction from the fan base this year.

Anybody's perspective on these picks different after the season?

Should the Dolphins have taken Brady Quinn, Amobi Okoye, Patrick Willis or Dwayne Bowe instead of Ginn?

Everyone still high on Beck? Obviously it is too early for final assessment but certainly it was disappointing that CLEO LEMON thoroughly outplayed him.

How about passing on Tony Ugoh in the 2nd round?

Time offers some different perspective, any thoughts?

You can't really judge for a couple more years, although Patrick Willis looks pretty good right now.

I'm still high on Beck. You can't judge a guy in 4 games. I saw a number of throws that make me think it'll be fine. After all, we don't need him to be Tom Brady; I'd settle for Jason Campbell.

Ugoh is interesting because there's only a handful of offenses in this league where he would have looked so good. Indianapolis's is probably number one because that ball comes out so quickly. Peyton doesn't take many 5 step drops and any 7 steppers, so whilst Ugoh was very solid, the hidden truth is that if he'd played in more of a conventional drop back offense, he may have been exposed rather more.

I wonder how much more comfortable Ireland and Sparano would feel if Brady Quinn had been taken despite having the 4 games that Beck had?

I feel the same way. The fumbles concern me.

How about Brohm? I've watched him for 4 years and I think he's going to have an excellent pro career. I think he laid to rest all the injury concerns this year since he played injury free and was hit plenty of times. Also that "system QB" stuff is a bunch of bunk. He's played under center and in the shotgun. That's probably the dumbest detraction all the "draft experts" use when describing a QB.

I still worry about the injuries and I have issues about the arm strength. Can he throw the deep out with enough pace against a Cromartie or a Leigh Bodden or an Ike Taylor?

I'm yet to be convinced.

Wow , I went back and read all the stuff that was rolled into this thread. People sure got heated up over the last draft. Personally I love the draft and I hope there is a more possative reaction from the fan base this year.

You get it every year.

Hey Boomer....Whats your thoughts on Justin King the corner from PSU and where do you see him going? I am hoping we can land him with one of the second rounders

I still worry about the injuries and I have issues about the arm strength. Can he throw the deep out with enough pace against a Cromartie or a Leigh Bodden or an Ike Taylor?

I'm yet to be convinced.

Do you think Beck's arm is as strong as Brohm's?

Hey Boomer,

I know we need players all over the field.. and can see us trading down probably more from 32 than 1... whats the chances of us grabbing a big receiver in the second (preferably one that can catch the ball) like Limas Sweed?

Also... first overall pick... is it as simple as Chris Long or Glenn Dorsey.

Thanks

Hey Boomer....Whats your thoughts on Justin King the corner from PSU and where do you see him going? I am hoping we can land him with one of the second rounders

Going into the year I thought he was right up there in terms of being the number 1 guy. He struggled a bit, then James Hardy had a big game on him, albeit catching a lot on underneath routes, using that big frame, and he never seemed to recover. I felt he should have stayed in school, but I think he can be really good.

Hey Boomer,

I know we need players all over the field.. and can see us trading down probably more from 32 than 1... whats the chances of us grabbing a big receiver in the second (preferably one that can catch the ball) like Limas Sweed?

Also... first overall pick... is it as simple as Chris Long or Glenn Dorsey.

Thanks

I think the 32 is prime trade down territory and it's where you end up getting an extra 1 for 2009.

Round 2 is tough to call because you could go LT with an Anthony Collins or a Williams or a Sam Baker if he falls. You could go a big WR like Sweed, etc. You could hit tight end with Davis or Bennett. You could go LB with a Beau Bell or a Shawn Crable. You could go DT with Athyba Rubin or the junior from Auburn. You could go DB with a Reggie Smith or a Rodgers-Cromartie or a Justin King, etc.

So tough to call.

1st pick? I think it's one of Dorsey, Chris Long, Jake Long and then slightly longer odds on Sedrick ellis and Gholston.

I think the 32 is prime trade down territory and it's where you end up getting an extra 1 for 2009.

Round 2 is tough to call because you could go LT with an Anthony Collins or a Williams or a Sam Baker if he falls. You could go a big WR like Sweed, etc. You could hit tight end with Davis or Bennett. You could go LB with a Beau Bell or a Shawn Crable. You could go DT with Athyba Rubin or the junior from Auburn. You could go DB with a Reggie Smith or a Rodgers-Cromartie or a Justin King, etc.

So tough to call.

1st pick? I think it's one of Dorsey, Chris Long, Jake Long and then slightly longer odds on Sedrick ellis and Gholston.

I dont see Parcells taking a WR early. Historically he has taken WR's later in the draft and developed them over time. He does however, place a premium on TE's so IMO that is more of an option than WR early. Also, for what it is worth this draft is pretty weak at the top in WR but it is fairly deep so the talent in the 4rd and lower is not that much different than what you will get at the bottom of round 2.

Boomer,

I hate asking about someone not in this draft, but I'm too curious about whether you've seen qb Nate Davis of Ball State? Reminds me of Beck in that there's minimal body movement necessary to get the ball out with some zip, but Davis has a higher release point.

Thanks

Boomer,

I hate asking about someone not in this draft, but I'm too curious about whether you've seen qb Nate Davis of Ball State? Reminds me of Beck in that there's minimal body movement necessary to get the ball out with some zip, but Davis has a higher release point.

Thanks

I haven't Sam, but I'm keen to see him next year. Have heard some good things.

Do you think Beck's arm is as strong as Brohm's?

There was concern about Beck's arm strength too, but he came out with the 2nd highest ball velocity of those who tested. I think Brohm will come out in the 54-55 mph range, which is still pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom