Merged: Hey Boomer / Boomer on Day 1 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Hey Boomer / Boomer on Day 1

Boomer, Beck seems to have a little Brett F. savy in him, he reminds me of Brett a whole lot watching some of the film.

Did Malcolm drop by your house with that special Kool Aid he and Mueller were drinking in the draft room?

Brett Favre?

Thank you Boomer, for the voice of reason. Maybe it will usher in a new day of enlightenment. Possibly on VIP to a certain extent, but the wolves are out big time.

We don't even have a enough information to completely assess last years draft, let alone this year.

"And 6 more picks today. I think Doug Free has to be a strong possibility, what with the Carey news. Josh Gattis is another early. Kelly Tavalou, Bushrod, Brett Ratliff, Deslauriers, Logan Payne, Jake Nordin, Beekman, Allen Barbre, Adam Koets, Quarterman, Manny Ramirez, Ray McDonald, Marcus Thomas, Akeem Jordan, Fred Bennett, Condren......all bear watching. "

On an aside Dane Upersea is another day 2 possibility.

Good post.

I really like what we did on day 1. Ginn gives us that explosiveness on offence that we have never seen before. I think Beck may turn out to be a better QB then Quinn in the long run. He definatly looks tough as nails.

I also like the fact that all the first day picks were offence. This was badly needed, we had the 4th lowest total offensive points last season, Cleveland, Tampa Bay, and Oakland were the only teams that scored fewer points.

Boomer, please help me come down off the ledge over this first day of picks.

Isn't Ginn's injury actually a lis franc injury?

If he makes a complete recovery does he possess the hands and route running skills to be considered a viable option at WR? Or are we going to have to rely on the defense for another season to force enough punts to get the kid involved in the game?

Is Beck an answer to the never ending QB quandry or, at his advanced age and limited upside, just another stop gap?

I thought for sure we would take Brady but Ginn is a playmaker, and will be the first game of the season. I am happy with the draft so far, no complaints. Ronnie Brown, Ricky Williams, and Lo Booker gives us a sick backfield. We are going to be fine. To all of our picks I say 'Welcome to Miami, Lets go get us a championship'.:bighug:

Now thats the spirit we need!!

Thanks Boom, it still doesn't make me feel better. Ginn was a huge reach at #9. Anyone who is a fan of drafting BPA, should not be a fan of the draft either.

I'm so angry we didnt take Quinn, but the sick feeling I have would be less if we chose someone on a BPA level. Not bc Cam felt the need to pick with his heart, and draft someone he has known for over 10years. The guy we needed fell to us, and we looked the other way to get what we hope can be the next Dante Hall? Not a good pick at all.

Quinn/ Jarrett or Ginn/ Beck? Embarrassing that Cam chose the latter.

Jarrett wasn't really what Miami was looking for. They been looking for speed, plain and simple. Guys that can stretch the field and open things up for Chambers and Ronnie Brown, making them better players.

As for Ginn, it really wasn't that big of a reach. He was slotted in the middle of the first, and that was after his workouts. If he hadn't injured his foot and ran a 4.28 like he's capable of, he might have been regarded as a top 10 pick similar to what many had him pegged as 2-3 months back.

Thanks Simon for the report....I'm very happy with the draft so far.....we needed offence and playmaker and we got that.....yes I was surprised we didn't take Quinn when he was there but I love the Ginn pick and also Beck could be as good or better than Quinn...we'll see there.....Satele can start at center or guard and Booker can make plays too.....I look for another o-lineman today and lots of defence...we could draft a safety, a DE and a big NT too....also is posible that we take a punter.

Ozzy rules!!

Thanks Boomer, first post I looked for this morning.

I wanted the phins to draft Quinn if he wasn't there I wanted Ginn. Passing on Quinn had me upset, but we did take Ginn. My second choice at QB was Beck, yet i'm still bummed not taking Quinn.

We need camps and games to see how the new talent will be. The future will show how well we picked. Tha fans will always compare Beck and Quinn.

for those jarret lovers, did you see his interview with meshawn?? he seems dumber than a box of rocks

I was "Shocked" with the Ginn pick, but in retrospect, and after selecting John Beck, it is making sense. The bottom line: Beck was the guy Cam wanted all along and I trust Cam to evaluate QB's better than us fans can.

Let's review what Cam has done so far:

Freed up a ton of salary cap space.
Jettisoned a bunch of sorry offensive players.
Upgraded the defense (Porter and Worrell).
Brought us 3 additional draft picks with his trades.
Drafted one of the fastest players in the draft class in Ginn, and added a lot of speed to the RB position in Booker.
Nabbed the QB that he was looking for all along.
Picked up arguably the best C in the draft.

OK, that isn't how I would have started the draft (Ginn), but Cam has a plan and is called by many in the football world "an offensive genius". I'm going to wait until after one season and see how many points his offense scores and how many game the Phins win before I make any judgements about his offseason moves and this draft. Until then, I am going to trust Cam to keep making the right choices that he feels will get this offense on track. After all, the offense can't get much worse than last year. Retooling the entire offense has to be good.

So far, I like what I see.

Thanks Cam, GO PHINS~!

Of course the $64,000 question is, are Ginn and Beck better than say Quinn and Steve Smith? That's one for the ages.

I think Doug Free has to be a strong possibility, what with the Carey news.

Yeah right before we picked Ginn Jr., I was thinking "wow, we will draft Quinn and then maybe with our #40 we can grab Steve Smith!". I'm happy with Ginn Jr. I never was a big fan of Quinn's. Don't get me wrong, I don't think the kid totally sucked or anything, he just didn't "wow" me with his college play.

What news about Carey? I haven't heard anything. Someone fill me in!!:confused:

I'd like to hear directly from Boomer on the question of who the Dolphins had rated higher, Kolb or Beck. I distinctly remember him posting that the Dolphins were targeting Kolb at #40. ProFootballTalk.com had reported a week ago that several teams drafting in the top 15 had both Kolb and Beck rated as 1st round picks. Beck is probably more ready to play immediately while Kolb will have to adjust to the pro system. I guess Beck would make sense for the Dolphins if they thought they needed to start him immediately or close to immediately.

Back
Top Bottom