Merged: Jake Grove Agrees to Five Year Deal! | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Jake Grove Agrees to Five Year Deal!

why did we not just throw 8 more million at brown? makes little sense. Brown is 5 years younger, much better, and not a injury risk so far in his career.

fins sign center!

sun sentinel is confirming that the fins just signed C grove, who was a 2nd round pick, from the raiders. The only thing that worries me about this guy is he has missed a chunk of games every year. He better toughen up! does this mean we r going after heyward-bey with the 25th pick?????

Grove is one of three players in Virginia Tech history to earn unanimous All-American honors, joining center Jim Pyne and linebacker Corey Moore. He benched nearly 500 pounds in college and played the last eight games of the 2001 season with a broken hand, the kind of toughness that Dolphins VP of football operations Bill Parcells admires. He still led the team with 48 knockdown blocks that year

Grove helped anchor the league's 10th-ranked rushing attack in which Justin Fargas gained 853 yards, while a nicked-up Darren McFadden added 499 yards on 4.4 yards-per-carry.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...fl-dolphins-grove-center-0302,0,4999332.story

Grove is one of three players in Virginia Tech history to earn unanimous All-American honors, joining center Jim Pyne and linebacker Corey Moore. He benched nearly 500 pounds in college and played the last eight games of the 2001 season with a broken hand, the kind of toughness that Dolphins VP of football operations Bill Parcells admires. He still led the team with 48 knockdown blocks that year

Grove helped anchor the league's 10th-ranked rushing attack in which Justin Fargas gained 853 yards, while a nicked-up Darren McFadden added 499 yards on 4.4 yards-per-carry.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...fl-dolphins-grove-center-0302,0,4999332.story

Great his college career gave him the chance to make it to the NFL. Now in the NFL what has he done to deserve this much money? I just dont understand the motivation.
Chubbs

Great his college career gave him the chance to make it to the NFL. Now in the NFL what has he done to deserve this much money? I just dont understand the motivation.
Chubbs

What did Jason Brown do to deserve 8 million a year??? I could throw that logic back 1000 times over when it comes to free agency

another poster on this board wrote about how well Grove handled both Jenkins(NYJ) and Wilfork(NE)!!! while that might be impressive, i am still questioning this signing, because Grove is soooooo INJURY PRONE!!!! i can remember a day when Shula was high on a guy named John Bosa!!! we all remember him don't we!!!! he was injury prone in college and guess what got injured in the pro's.... and Grove is having the same problems in the pro's with regard to staying healthy... this regime has come off desperate here... all in the name of saving money!!! Jake Grove is a talented player... i'm not questioning his talent, just his ability to live up to this new contract, due to his inablities to avoid injury... you can say the same thing about Smiley... he is injury prone and look what happened last year... he was injured AGAIN!!! these types of players can't HELP if they are always on the bench due to an injury... as a faithful fins fan... i PRAY that this money spent doesn't get wasted when this guy is on the bench instead of on the field!!! i'm not in favor of this signing... but hope it works for the best... for maimi's sake it better!!!

im talking from an injury standpoint, what good is groves when he finishes every season on IR?

You may be correct that his injuries continue, but I believe I am the first individual to perform a detailed evaluation of his career. Most people do not realize that he was not the starter at the beginning of the season for 2004 and 2005. He was a young developing center. He has been injured too much of his career, but previous information was inflated and inaccurate. He was injured the last two years.

2004 (no injuries) Started 8 games, Played in 9 games, Suited up for all 16
2005 (no injuries) Started 8 games, Played in 10 games, Suited up for all 16
2006 (no injuries) Started 16 games, ....
2007 (injury) Started 2 games, Played in 7 games, IR 9 games
2008 (injury) Started 12 games, Inactive 4 games

Missed Games Injury: 13 games
Total Games on Roster: 80 games
Total Games Active: 67 games
Total Games Potential Starter: 64 games

Missed Games Percentage vs. Roster Games: 6.4%
Missed Games Percentage vs. Starter Games: 20%

Source of the information.
http://www.raiders.com/Team/PlayerBio.aspx?id=552

What did Jason Brown do to deserve 8 million a year??? I could throw that logic back 1000 times over when it comes to free agency

Now I did not agree with picking up Brown at the price he was asking but, you cant compare Brown and Groves. This alone seperates them tremendously.

Jason Brown | #60 | C
Baltimore Ravens |
Career Stats more
Season Team G GS
2008 Baltimore Ravens 16 16
2007 Baltimore Ravens 16 16
2006 Baltimore Ravens 16 12
2005 Baltimore Ravens 6 1
TOTAL 54 45

Jake Grove | #64 | C
Oakland Raiders |
Career Stats more
Season Team G GS
2008 Oakland Raiders 12 12
2007 Oakland Raiders 7 2
2006 Oakland Raiders 16 16
2005 Oakland Raiders 10 8
2004 Oakland Raiders 9 8
TOTAL 54 46

You may be correct that his injuries continue, but I believe I am the first individual to perform a detailed evaluation of his career. Most people do not realize that he was not the starter at the beginning of the season for 2004 and 2005. He was a young developing center. He has been injured too much of his career, but previous information was inflated and inaccurate. He was injured the last two years.

2004 (no injuries) Started 8 games, Played in 9 games, Suited up for all 16
2005 (no injuries) Started 8 games, Played in 10 games, Suited up for all 16
2006 (no injuries) Started 16 games, ....
2007 (injury) Started 2 games, Played in 7 games, IR 9 games
2008 (injury) Started 12 games, Inactive 4 games

Missed Games Injury: 13 games
Total Games on Roster: 80 games
Total Games Active: 67 games
Total Games Potential Starter: 64 games

Missed Games Percentage vs. Roster Games: 6.4%
Missed Games Percentage vs. Starter Games: 20%

Source of the information.
http://www.raiders.com/Team/PlayerBio.aspx?id=552

Arguing rationally will not help you, there are fans that want THEIR players and THEIR players only. They are never content unless they are second guessing. I am simply taking a wait and see approach. Like a rational person does.

What a terrible contract.Talk about over paying for a player.
What was the biggest problem with the offensive line last year?It was injuries and now the front office sign again another injury prone lineman.:err:

Now we got 4 out of 5 starting O lineman making 5 mil each.How about spread the wealth around.The team sure could use a starting CB and a #1 WR.

You gotta question some of the free agent signing the front office has made.
Look at last years signing:

-Wilford: total bust and giving this guy 6 mill guarunteed:(

-Torbor: making 3.5 mill for being a back up and 1 mill signing bonus

-Tab Perry 1mill

- Josh McCown 1.25 mill signing bonus and a cap hit of 3.125 mill

- Charlie Anderson $833,333 signing bonus and cap charge of 2,500,333 for another backup who was terrible on special teams(holding penalties)

- Michael Lehan 2.1 mill for a player no longer on the team.

And the front office cuts Vonnie Holiday but keep some of the busts they them selfs have signed.:err:

another poster on this board wrote about how well Grove handled both Jenkins(NYJ) and Wilfork(NE)!!! while that might be impressive, i am still questioning this signing, because Grove is soooooo INJURY PRONE!!!! i can remember a day when Shula was high on a guy named John Bosa!!! we all remember him don't we!!!! he was injury prone in college and guess what got injured in the pro's.... and Grove is having the same problems in the pro's with regard to staying healthy... this regime has come off desperate here... all in the name of saving money!!! Jake Grove is a talented player... i'm not questioning his talent, just his ability to live up to this new contract, due to his inablities to avoid injury... you can say the same thing about Smiley... he is injury prone and look what happened last year... he was injured AGAIN!!! these types of players can't HELP if they are always on the bench due to an injury... as a faithful fins fan... i PRAY that this money spent doesn't get wasted when this guy is on the bench instead of on the field!!! i'm not in favor of this signing... but hope it works for the best... for maimi's sake it better!!!

Why are you screaming? We get it

Arguing rationally will not help you, there are fans that want THEIR players and THEIR players only. They are never content unless they are second guessing. I am simply taking a wait and see approach. Like a rational person does.

Makes for very boring conversation on the message board. If you don't have an opinion, fine, but if you do you may as well share it. Right or wrong.

What a terrible contract.Talk about over paying for a player.
What was the biggest problem with the offensive line last year?It was injuries and now the front office sign again another injury prone lineman.:err:

Now we got 4 out of 5 starting O lineman making 5 mil each.How about spread the wealth around.The team sure could use a starting CB and a #1 WR.

You gotta question some of the free agent signing the front office has made.
Look at last years signing:

-Wilford: total bust and giving this guy 6 mill guarunteed:(

-Torbor: making 3.5 mill for being a back up and 1 mill signing bonus

-Tab Perry 1mill

- Josh McCown 1.25 mill signing bonus and a cap hit of 3.125 mill

- Charlie Anderson $833,333 signing bonus and cap charge of 2,500,333 for another backup who was terrible on special teams(holding penalties)

- Michael Lehan 2.1 mill for a player no longer on the team.

And the front office cuts Vonnie Holiday but keep some of the busts they them selfs have signed.:err:

And yet they managed to win despite the coaching staff I guess. Lets all focus on the negative.

Lets forget that they:

Drafted our LT

Got Bess

Got some good young DL

Got pennington

Soldified the Safety position

Stole a starting Te

They should all be fired.

LOL. Good point! At least I can provide accurate information for those interested in good information.

Back
Top Bottom