Merged: Jake Grove Agrees to Five Year Deal! | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Jake Grove Agrees to Five Year Deal!

And yet they managed to win despite the coaching staff I guess. Lets all focus on the negative.

Lets forget that they:

Drafted our LT

Got Bess

Got some good young DL

Got pennington

Soldified the Safety position

Stole a starting Te

They should all be fired.

I am talking about veteran FA's the team signed.There was only 2 good signings last year. Pennington and Starks.And we got lucky to get Pennington because the Jets screwed up.And don't tell me Smiley was a great signing because its no his 2nd consecutive year on IR.

The coaching staff had alot more to do with the turnaround then the front office.

I'm a Raiders fan and I got to say I don't get it....

Obviously Parcells certainly knows what he is doing, but this one makes little sense to me... I'm sure people will point to the uncertainty/coaching of the Raiders over the past few years as the primary reason Grove didn't live up to expectations, which is fair to a certain point, but where Grove struggled the most is in one on one situations... Especially when matched up against 34 nose tackles... That's just basic football... We went out and got Jeremy Newberry a couple of seasons ago primarily because we wanted a pivot with more on the ball strength...

In fact, I expected Grove to sign with another zone blocking team rather than a power based team like the Phins are now because he struggled moving bigger players and the ZBS seems to play to his strengths better... I know the plan is to bulk him up, but I question the logic of adding weight to a guy a year removed from microfracture knee surgery...

I'm sure he'll work out for you guys as while he has his shortcomings, he certainly is a team first high effort guy when healthy... Like I said, the Tuna knows what the hell he is doing and obviously has a plan in place... The irony here is there was a groundswell for the Raiders to draft Sampson Satele because Grove wasn't getting it done at center and had actually looked better playing guard... Maybe the expectations were too high among Raider fans as Grove was replacing an uber physical center in Barrett Robbins... Anyway I hope Jake works out in Miami...

Good luck, thanks for taking yourselves out of the Alex Mack hunt and be sure to put foot to *** against the Pats twice this year... I hate those *******s...

Arguing rationally will not help you, there are fans that want THEIR players and THEIR players only. They are never content unless they are second guessing. I am simply taking a wait and see approach. Like a rational person does.

then why do you bother to post in these threads if you cannot deal with others opinions, rationally?

I am talking about veteran FA's the team signed.There was only 2 good signings last year. Pennington and Starks.And we got lucky to get Pennington because the Jets screwed up.And don't tell me Smiley was a great signing because its no his 2nd consecutive year on IR.

The coaching staff had alot more to do with the turnaround then the front office.

Luck is part of the game, isnt it? I think alot of people were against that signing too. I wonder how that turned out?

Conformity is a disease

Yep and you caught it..................:lol:

Wow how incredibly clever.

Fine lets all complain and moan even thought it wont solve anything

Lets fire the entire front office and take over ourselves, since we know the ins and outs of the business as well as they do.

Better?

Lets fire the entire front office and take over ourselves, since we know the ins and outs of the business as well as they do.

Better?

It's not all black and white. Come into the gray. We can question the FO without thinking they need to be fired.

We might as well have paid for Brown. It's not like we're hurting for cap space (especially that difference in it) and Brown is younger, more talented, and thus far less injury prone. Hopefully it works out though.

Better?

See the symtoms are getting worse :lol2:

It's not all black and white. Come into the gray. We can question the FO without thinking they need to be fired.

I agree, but I will wait until these guys are wearing pads, before deciding whether they stink for us or not. I believe Ricky Williams came to us with injury concerns and that is all these people have on Grove. It is very short sighted and knee jerky

I'm a Raiders fan and I got to say I don't get it....

Good luck, thanks for taking yourselves out of the Alex Mack hunt and be sure to put foot to *** against the Pats twice this year... I hate those *******s...

Maybe the reason Grove was injured a lot and not quite the Center he was at Va Tech, is because of the constant coaching turnover in Oakland? The Raiders change coaches like most people change socks. Maybe with a real OL coach like Dave DeGuglielmo, we will see Grove reach his full potential.

You do have a point that there is always the chance that he will get through this year unscathed in which I'd agree he would probably be a good pickup.

But it's just that little thing of adding weight to a 300lbr who had Micro surgery on his knee that seems to be a little concerning.......

Hell lets just ignore the whole thing.

Oh no i think I'm getting a slight fever............lol

Maybe the reason Grove was injured a lot and not quite the Center he was at Va Tech, is because of the constant coaching turnover in Oakland? The Raiders change coaches like most people change socks. Maybe with a real OL coach like Dave DeGuglielmo, we will see Grove reach his full potential.

Definitely Congressman material.....

You actually believe what you just said ? OMG

Back
Top Bottom