MERGED: Jeff Ireland involved in verbal altercation with fan on Sunday | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Jeff Ireland involved in verbal altercation with fan on Sunday

I don't see any personal attacks in this post. Nope. support the mother****ing team.

:lol: I dont think I personalized any attack. Just a general bashing of this group of "Fireland" morons running around and specifically the ******* in question who Ireland appropriately dubbed an *******. **** em.

Who give's a f### about this story. We have a positive week for the 1st time in it feels like forever, and Skolnik feels the need to uselessly bloviate on this?

Youre a day late and a dollar short on the fire Ireland deal. GET REAL! I tried to tell you 3 years ago this whole Parcells mess needed wiped clean but, of course nobody listened. Now you want to wipe out the GM when we JUST STARTED A NEW GOD DAMNED SEASON WITH A NEW QB AND NEW HEAD COACH!!!!!

Yep. Bet this fan is the same guy who logs on here and complains that Pro Football Talk is writing 'mean' articles about the Dolphins.

Ummmm NEGATIVE pal. First of all you shouldnt throw my name out there when youre way off base.

I was the guy wanting to fire Ireland when it was the right time to do it..... TWO YEARS AGO!!!!!!! Or even after last season.

At the present time, I am not on the fire Ireland bandwagon so dont suggest I am. You see, I unlike what seems to be about 90% of this fanbase am not ****ing clueless. Why in the hell would you fire Ireland NOW? Why even start the rally cry at this point in time? It does nothing but HARM THE TEAM!!!!!

If it gets late in the season and things are going poorly, then by all means if you want a change at GM in the offseason, GO FOR IT. But, right now a lot of these clueless fans dont seem to realize we might just have a pretty damn good season on our hands and these dumbasses are trying to damage that. ****ing morons. Basically, you suggested Im a moron. Dont do that ****. OK!

Some of you mother ****ers are lucky Im busy as hell lately because there are a handfull of get real threads coming down the pike for some of this stupid ****. Youre a day late and a dollar short on the fire Ireland deal. GET REAL! I tried to tell you 3 years ago this whole Parcells mess needed wiped clean but, of course nobody listened. Now you want to wipe out the GM when we JUST STARTED A NEW GOD DAMNED SEASON WITH A NEW QB AND NEW HEAD COACH!!!!!

Btw, the moves Ireland has made lately are GOOD ONES! Now people want to fire him.... SMGDH!

So you can run and tell THAT! Homeboy.

Can't wait for the next "Get real"

The professional thing to do is to shut up and keep it moving. Your a professional. If u were just a guy at the game that's not employed by the dolphins then yes say whatver you want. The problem here and why it should b ignored is now your giving this drunk fan attention he wanted An now you put yourself in the media spotlight for no substantial reason. You make the headlines and now your forced to say something to the media about it. All of that could have been avoided. this is again bad news for Miami an Jeff Ireland. He is already considered an ******* and not a people person. Why to go Jeffrey

You are correct in every aspect. It is like many things for many of us much easier said than done.

I'd probably be fired from my job if I called a paying customer an a-hole. That's essentially what Jeff Ireland did. I don't care if the fan heckled him, you take these jobs with the understanding that you will be criticized, so he doesn't have an excuse.

meh, ireland's incompetence aside, this will blow over by sunday.

I'd probably be fired from my job if I called a paying customer an a-hole. That's essentially what Jeff Ireland did. I don't care if the fan heckled him, you take these jobs with the understanding that you will be criticized, so he doesn't have an excuse.

You don't tell someone they should fire themselves unless (A) they're a politician or (B) you're an *******.

The guy deserved to be called an ahole, and was called an ahole. How dare Ireland!

It's one thing to be crticized and a customer being an *******, it's another thing to be told you should fire yourself. Even though Ireland might not have done the best job, the guy couldve said how ireland did not do well with his drafts or even he sucks as a GM, and i'm sure he wouldn't have called him an *******. I think the fire yourself hit a nerve, because gm's and coaches lifespan can be very short and so the support of providing for their family with that type of job can be shortlived as a coach. So naturally its something you could take very personally. I wouldn't have called the guy an *******...not I would've told him to go **** himself actually. Nothing like drunk obnoxious fans, trust me I've seen them at stadiums just like you guys probably have as well/.

Well this has all been confirmed and Ireland has called Armando and explained his side of the story, said he regrets using that word. He claims he thought he was saying it under his breath.

I call BS on that. It's a loud concourse. Nothing you say under your breath with your back turned is going to be heard by multiple people all around you.

Jeff Ireland's obvious little white lie pisses me off more than the incident, to be honest.
You can be sure Ireland wants this to go away as fast as possible. WHo wants to talk long about their own reaction to getting fired, let alone on National Media level. Too Funny on Ireland really. Sucks to be you buddy.

You don't tell someone they should fire themselves unless (A) they're a politician or (B) you're an *******.

Really? Why not? If I am theoretically paying for your salary, I don't get to have an opinion? You realize that Jeff Ireland is the equivalent of a "leader" in a corporation, right? You realize that if that "leader" isn't doing his job correctly, he is due for some criticism, right? I'm not trying to say NFL team = public company. What I am saying is that NFL team officials have to *deal with* the same level of scrutiny as a public company executive. If you don't understand that when you take the job, or you can't handle the pressure, then you are not fit for the job. Simple as that.

Jeff Ireland could have just continued walking away and ignored the criticism. Just as a customer service representative ignores the crazy asses who call them. Or I, as somebody who has to interface with customers who request information that I am not going to give them, has to deal with criticism. If they tell me to fire myself, I'm not going to call them an *******. I will end the conversation and move on. Why didn't Ireland just move on?

Defend it all you want, but it was the wrong move by Ireland.

And just for the record, I'd love to call certain people I interface with *******s. But I also recognize that I am considered an agent of my company. The company who helps me pay my bills.

If Ireland did use profanity towards fan - that's wrong. Ireland represents the Dolphins and Ross - he has to be the professional. All he had to day was ignore the guy and walk a way. This is just one of a few questionable moments that raises the question - Is he the right GM for the Miami Dolphins?

The new coaching staff and players are held to a high professional standard, what gives the Ireland the right to behave otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom