MERGED: Jeff Ireland involved in verbal altercation with fan on Sunday | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Jeff Ireland involved in verbal altercation with fan on Sunday

The fan expressed his opinion... Ireland his, touche'. Good for him, he has been abused for a while, not all of it deserved.

This reminds me of elementary school. Some kid teases the big kid mercilessly until he gets tired of it and gets punched, then runs and cries to the teacher and plays the victim. It's about as mature as that.

Here is a novel concept. Why not treat others with respect? I have some colleagues that I think are useless human beings and are simply holding a job that someone else would have better use for. That doesn't mean I'm going to disrespect them, ever. I feel like the fan base has dehumanized Ireland. They forget this is a real person, with a family and the same emotions everyone else has. I'm surprised he only called the fan an *******, considering how much he has probably heard in the past 2 seasons. The guy has to be reaching his breaking point. People need to step back and realize that they are talking about a real person here, not some robot. Personally, I'm glad he called the guy an *******. If you verbally harass an employee when going shopping, you get removed from the store and banned from coming back. This "customer" gets a public apology? That's some bullsh*t...

People fly banners over the stadium saying to fire Ireland, people hold protests outside his office window yelling obscenities and saying he needs to be fired and a fan gets in his face and yells at him and tells him to "Fire himself". Ireland says a curse word under his breath as he is walking away and he is that one that is the one apologizing. Sad world we live in.

Ireland would have been smarter to just walk away. Now he has to deal with "the content of what the fan said", too bad for him. Ross can think longer about the content too!

I'd actually prefer an a-hole GM. Ireland should have tossed that idiot off the suite balcony.

Ireland needed to be a professional and walk away. He should've just told the guy he's entitled to his opinion and left it at that. Now Ireland looks like he can't take criticism like a professional is suppose to.

The part that smells like BS to me is when other fans called in after Sean and described incidents where fans were trailing and heckling Ireland and he got mad and told them that if they keep it up he'll have them all kicked out, and then almost got into a fight with another fan.

I very much doubt that happened.

But the incident with Sean probably happened. I know people get on him for acting like a douche or whatever but honestly I don't mind that. The guy's a season ticket holder being sold a product and he gave some feedback about that product to the guy selling it to him. BFD. From what I've heard the guy Sean didn't just drunkenly slur out you should fire yourself, he actually argued and expressed his displeasure over certain moves Ireland has made.

I don't have a problem with Jeff Ireland's response, but I know this...the everyone made a BFD when Rex Ryan essentially did the SAME THING to heckling Dol-Fans, getting caught on camera flipping the bird at them. Ryan was at a concert with his brother as I recall, just trying to enjoy the show. Because of that photo he had to apologize publicly and he even had to pay a fine to the NFL for his conduct. And I know some of these same people defending Ireland's calling the guy an a-hole were probably critical of Rex Ryan for what he did.

I'm consistent. I have no problem with either incident. I thought Rex Ryan was well within his rights and I think Ireland was as well.

He should have just walked away, now he has to deal with ongoing conversations about "if he should be fired". This was a no brainer to just walk away from. Too bad for him, because I would want to put the guy in his place too.

you make it sound like Ireland is the only person in his business who got a scolding from a fan. This is sports where beratement is common place and should be expected.

Obviously he isn't, but not all situations are the same. Someone mentioned Rex Ryan earlier in this thread. Rex was running his mouth, incessantly. When he lost a game, he still ran his mouth. If I remember correctly, he even had some words about Miami. The guy was painting a giant bulls-eye on his gigantic ass, and then acted all hurt and shocked when someone took a shot at it.

Ireland has done nothing even remotely close to that. He has not disrespected anyone. He hasn't talked **** about anyone or anything. He hasn't said anything negative about anyone at all. In fact, from what we saw on Hard Knocks, I thought he came off as personable and willing to listen. It seems his only issue is that he has done a bad job. A really bad job, if you ask me. But that doesn't give anyone the right to talk to him that way. People need to learn to have some damn respect...

I wonder if the same fan would have said the same thing in the fourth quarter. It was an ******* thing to do.

I dont like Ireland at all but the guy at the stadium really was a Bleep Hole!

I want Ireland fired like yesterday but you gotta say the punk at the Stadium was a jerk. If I was with my family or in public and some stranger said that to me I probably would have done more than Ireland did. I'm pretty sure most of you guys in here who dislike Ireland would agree? Yes/No?

Obviously he isn't, but not all situations are the same. Someone mentioned Rex Ryan earlier in this thread. Rex was running his mouth, incessantly. When he lost a game, he still ran his mouth. If I remember correctly, he even had some words about Miami. The guy was painting a giant bulls-eye on his gigantic ass, and then acted all hurt and shocked when someone took a shot at it.

Ireland has done nothing even remotely close to that. He has not disrespected anyone. He hasn't talked **** about anyone or anything. He hasn't said anything negative about anyone at all. In fact, from what we saw on Hard Knocks, I thought he came off as personable and willing to listen. It seems his only issue is that he has done a bad job. A really bad job, if you ask me. But that doesn't give anyone the right to talk to him that way. People need to learn to have some damn respect...

Unfortunately thats never gonna be the case especially in a volitle environment where emotions play a major role. A person has no right to spit on a cop for doing his job but that doesnt mean the cop can act in an inappropriate manner if hes spit on. Hes taught that people are going to act in a way that they "dont have a right to" but that doesnt excuse you for acting in an appropriate manner.

Sports is the same. Whether they have the right to or not the right to act in a certain manner is not the point. People in that business know that due to the nature of the business people ARE going to act in a certain manner. It happens every game. They are also taught that they should respond in a certain way. Thats why athletes for the most part ignore much worse things that are said to them that were said to Ireland. By all accounts, Sparano was a nice guy. But did you see the verbal abuse that went his way during the end of his tenure. People may not have the right to degrade a nice guy doing a bad job but that doesnt mean its not gonna happen and that doesnt excuse that person to act in a way that is inappropriate and unprofessional. Again, its a small issue to me. Ireland apologized for it and thats the end of it in my mind. I however wont apologize for his behavior

on second thought, after calling him an *******, he should have asked him if his mother was a whore! now that would have been EPIC!

Back
Top Bottom