MERGED: Jeff Ireland involved in verbal altercation with fan on Sunday | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Jeff Ireland involved in verbal altercation with fan on Sunday

Unfortunately thats never gonna be the case especially in a volitle environment where emotions play a major role. A person has no right to spit on a cop for doing his job but that doesnt mean the cop can act in an inappropriate manner if hes spit on. Hes taught that people are going to act in a way that they "dont have a right to" but that doesnt excuse you for acting in an appropriate manner.

Sports is the same. Whether they have the right to or not the right to act in a certain manner is not the point. People in that business know that due to the nature of the business people ARE going to act in a certain manner. It happens every game. They are also taught that they should respond in a certain way. Thats why athletes for the most part ignore much worse things that are said to them that were said to Ireland. By all accounts, Sparano was a nice guy. But did you see the verbal abuse that went his way during the end of his tenure. People may not have the right to degrade a nice guy doing a bad job but that doesnt mean its not gonna happen and that doesnt excuse that person to act in a way that is inappropriate and unprofessional. Again, its a small issue to me. Ireland apologized for it and thats the end of it in my mind. I however wont apologize for his behavior

I'm definitely not apologizing for his behavior. In fact, I agree that he shouldn't have said anything and just left. But to call out a guy who defends himself from a drunk idiot is being disingenuous. Maybe it's just my personality, but I don't let people disrespect me like that. If someone told me to fire myself, I'd get right back in their face. I guess in that respect, maybe I'm a little biased here. My issue is with the fan who started the altercation, and then calls in and cries about it. That's childish and embarrassing. I hope the guys doesn't have kids, because he is setting a wonderful example for them...

I'm definitely not apologizing for his behavior. In fact, I agree that he shouldn't have said anything and just left. But to call out a guy who defends himself from a drunk idiot is being disingenuous. Maybe it's just my personality, but I don't let people disrespect me like that. If someone told me to fire myself, I'd get right back in their face. I guess in that respect, maybe I'm a little biased here. My issue is with the fan who started the altercation, and then calls in and cries about it. That's childish and embarrassing. I hope the guys doesn't have kids, because he is setting a wonderful example for them...

Agree.

no...but its in the tens of millions. either way i have no idea what your point is

Point is, you don't run an NFL organization, so your opinion on what you would do if it were your choice is meaningless.

An ******* fan was called an *******, why should anyone get their panties in a bunch over it?

Meh....this fan was an *******. Should Jeff have called him an *******, no but he did and the fan deserved it. This hardly worthy of the term "altercation", an altercation is a screaming match or a shoving match based on anger, this is just two people expressing their opinions of each other, last I check we as Americans could still do that.

This doesn't sound like much of a story. Can't be the first time Ireland has been heckled. It's the price you pay for being bad at your job. I don't even have a problem with Ireland's reaction. Yeah, he could have been more professional and shrugged it off, but he didn't go over the top with his response and hurl a bottle at the fans head. Just doesn't seem very interesting to me.

Two A$$holes called eachother A$$holes, no big deal.

Good for Jeff. Fine for a fan to express themselves but they to should be responsible for acting professional and held accountable if they are not. Overall our society has created many such situations where one party is held accountable and the other not be it be because of ones position in society, race, sex and religion and that IMO is just BS. One of the downfalls of our country.

The professional thing to do is to shut up and keep it moving. Your a professional. If u were just a guy at the game that's not employed by the dolphins then yes say whatver you want. The problem here and why it should b ignored is now your giving this drunk fan attention he wanted An now you put yourself in the media spotlight for no substantial reason. You make the headlines and now your forced to say something to the media about it. All of that could have been avoided. this is again bad news for Miami an Jeff Ireland. He is already considered an ******* and not a people person. Why to go Jeffrey

I really don't understand why this makes Ireland an *******. I'm no fan of the guy's work as GM, nor do I think he should have reacted to the fan but, this seems like a non-story to me. The fan then calls in to complain about how Ireland responded to his disrespectful drunken-rant? 790 shouldn't have even let this guy get on the air. Period.

This is not a story...sure Ireland should have just walked away...but, the "fan" was being an *******. I'm actually impressed that Ireland openly admitted his actions and expressed his remorse. He could have just denied it ever happened. Now, don't confuse me as an Ireland fan-boy..let's not confuse my excusing his indiscretion as my agreeing with his talent evaluation.

WV you need to calm down :lol:

Ummmm NEGATIVE pal. First of all you shouldnt throw my name out there when youre way off base.

I was the guy wanting to fire Ireland when it was the right time to do it..... TWO YEARS AGO!!!!!!! Or even after last season.

At the present time, I am not on the fire Ireland bandwagon so dont suggest I am. You see, I unlike what seems to be about 90% of this fanbase am not ****ing clueless. Why in the hell would you fire Ireland NOW? Why even start the rally cry at this point in time? It does nothing but HARM THE TEAM!!!!!

If it gets late in the season and things are going poorly, then by all means if you want a change at GM in the offseason, GO FOR IT. But, right now a lot of these clueless fans dont seem to realize we might just have a pretty damn good season on our hands and these dumbasses are trying to damage that. ****ing morons. Basically, you suggested Im a moron. Dont do that ****. OK!

Some of you mother ****ers are lucky Im busy as hell lately because there are a handfull of get real threads coming down the pike for some of this stupid ****. Youre a day late and a dollar short on the fire Ireland deal. GET REAL! I tried to tell you 3 years ago this whole Parcells mess needed wiped clean but, of course nobody listened. Now you want to wipe out the GM when we JUST STARTED A NEW GOD DAMNED SEASON WITH A NEW QB AND NEW HEAD COACH!!!!!

Btw, the moves Ireland has made lately are GOOD ONES! Now people want to fire him.... SMGDH!

So you can run and tell THAT! Homeboy.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a shame in this world that you need to apologize for being truthful.

There is a countless number of Penn St cracks here, but I will lay off seeing as you are dead on in this thread and have been in a lot of threads lately. Combine that with how pissed I am at this pathetic, clueless, fanbase right now Im not going to bother. Our fans are so clueless they wont even let the team have some success.

Ummmm NEGATIVE pal. First of all you shouldnt throw my name out there when youre way off base.

I was the guy wanting to fire Ireland when it was the right time to do it..... TWO YEARS AGO!!!!!!! Or even after last season.

At the present time, I am not on the fire Ireland bandwagon so dont suggest I am. You see, I unlike what seems to be about 90% of this fanbase am not ****ing clueless. Why in the hell would you fire Ireland NOW? Why even start the rally cry at this point in time? It does nothing but HARM THE TEAM!!!!!

If it gets late in the season and things are going poorly, then by all means if you want a change at GM in the offseason, GO FOR IT. But, right now a lot of these clueless fans dont seem to realize we might just have a pretty damn good season on our hands and these dumbasses are trying to damage that. ****ing morons. Basically, you suggested Im a moron. Dont do that ****. OK!

Some of you mother ****ers are lucky Im busy as hell lately because there are a handfull of get real threads coming down the pike for some of this stupid ****. Youre a day late and a dollar short on the fire Ireland deal. GET REAL! I tried to tell you 3 years ago this whole Parcells mess needed wiped clean but, of course nobody listened. Now you want to wipe out the GM when we JUST STARTED A NEW GOD DAMNED SEASON WITH A NEW QB AND NEW HEAD COACH!!!!!

Yall are dumb. So you can run and tell THAT! Homeboy.

P.S ... the moves Ireland has made lately are GOOD ONES! Now people want to fire him.... SMGDH!
I don't see any personal attacks in this post. Nope. support the mother****ing team.

Back
Top Bottom