Merged: JP Losman | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: JP Losman

finfan54

Active Roster
Reaction score
JP Losman

Well, i heard this morning on NFL Access that JP Losman stepped up yesterday, or whatever day it really was, and made himself a sure 1st rounder. He was throwing with authority.

I believe i read a snippet at one time that Spielman actually liked Losman over Rivers when danny boy had his talk with Rivers.
these are the things that i pay attention to. the things you dont hear alot of. Everyone has been salivating over Rivers but what if we get Clayton or Woods at 20 and say Losman at #23 or #28?

I think that would be a very good thing right there. I think this woods is the real deal. I think he can do it all. go deep. over the middle. he reminds me of Mark Duper except faster.

That would settle alot of alot of question marks. I believe spielman when he says he will use free agency on OL. that leaves a big onus on two positions if Fiedler is gone, and we all know that is pretty much the case, WR and QB. We still would not have a third QB and noone has even mentioned if Sage will actually be here. we still have to tender him.

Keep your eyes on JP Losman.

Don't expect a QB be taken in first round.According to Hank,the Dolphins will be looking at a Wr and/or OL.

I laughed last year when he said the Dolphins would draft LB with their first pick and little did I know he was right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very true... amid all the Rivers talk, most of us have forgotten Losman. I too am not a believer that we are definatly not taking a QB in round 1. Remember... we're getting rid of 2 QB's with 1 more a RFA... Feeley doesn't fill all three spots.

I think QB will definitely be considered in the 1st round if we have two picks - especially if Rivers falls to #20. Losman at #23 or 28 (depending on the Ogun situation) would be worthwhile. He would have time to develop behind Feeley and learn the West Coast Offense (if we are heading in that direction).

Don't be surprised if we use the second first round selection on the d-line or LB. T-Bo, Zach, Seau, Zgonina are all getting up there and will need to replaced "someday." There are some good ones there. With the talk of Madison's release we may need to consider CB, too. Although the whole Jamar Fletcher things scares me a little. We may consider using it on an o-lineman, but our linemen are all very young right now (if we unload Perry and Ruddy). We need some veterans along that line so we will probably use free agency to fill some gaps - as mentioned before.

Originally posted by minus
Don't expect a QB be taken in first round.According to Hank,the Dolphins will be looking at a Wr and/or OL.

I laughed last year when he said the Dolphins would draft LB with their first pick and little did I know he was right.

Minus, i would say a few things in that reguard. first, Wanny will not be making the picks this year. second, spielman uses the media to get them thinking in one direction only to go the other. case and point: AJ Feeley.

Im not saying your wrong. Im simply looking at the fact that Jay will be gone and so will BG. that leaves a big hole and the QB situation and the future does not look good at the moment for QB's after this year. the moment is now. why would you not look at QB? every team in the league is looking intently at these QB's right now. Even the ones who already have QB's. Its a no brainer if you ask me.

Well, we still need another QB. I don't think our current core is sufficient. Losman would be a nice option, but I think we'll grab someone later in the rounds. Why draft a backup in a high round. Oh wait, they did that last year.....

Originally posted by bigmiamifan
Well, we still need another QB. I don't think our current core is sufficient. Losman would be a nice option, but I think we'll grab someone later in the rounds. Why draft a backup in a high round. Oh wait, they did that last year.....

because most rookies need to learn first anyways. it makes perfect sense. every good team needs two good QB's. And then you wait and decide who is the franchise.

i know one thing, you cannot have no competition waiting for feeley. he has to be pushed by someone. and someone with abilities like Losman or Rivers is just the ticket.

If everyone wants rivers, like i still do, then why not Losman too? If Rivers goes before 20, then why not Losman? its not that hard a decision unless one of those great WR's drops or Andrews the T.

Originally posted by minus

Minus I admire your attempt to build of Hank's credibility but he thought we would take Calico.

Originally posted by dreadlockera
I hope he is not Rob Johnson reincarnate.

i dont think he is rob johnson. i think he is ****y in his abilities but he is not a surfer. that is what the coaches were saying at the combine. that this kid has it. that means everything. You know, Rivers didnt work out. Losman did. he scored points there. he showed he had control and threw with authority and was getting rid of the ball quick and with accuracy. Johnson never got rid of the ball quick. that was his problem.

I hope we get one of the young rookie QBs. We may very well go for someone like Smoker in the later rounds.

But I would love to see Rivers or Lossman, just to give us depth and a future.

Originally posted by dreadlockera
I hope he is not Rob Johnson reincarnate.

boy, the similarities are scarey though.. the surfer boy with the messy hair, great physical tools, but no brains.. and more concerned about himself than being a team player..

he completely reminds me of rob johnson

Originally posted by Tatonka

boy, the similarities are scarey though.. the surfer boy with the messy hair, great physical tools, but no brains.. and more concerned about himself than being a team player..

he completely reminds me of rob johnson

Oh really tatonka? what have you been hearing about Losman? you been watching the combines? How do you know he is not smart? that is not anything of what i have heard. arent you a bills fan?

I think that I may even like Losman over Rivers simply because he has some abilities that you can't teach. Trestman can't teach Rivers to run faster or throw that much harder, while he CAN teach Losman who already has speed and arm strength to read Defenses and look off the safeties. Then again, he could be a complete bust...

I like Losman, but I don't see our QB depth chart looking like this next year: Feeley, Rosenfels, Losman. Way too much inexperience. Not that I would mind it, but our FO probably won't go for it.

Back
Top Bottom