Merged: JP Losman | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: JP Losman

Originally posted by zevo

Man, Finfan54, you just got taken to school! LMAO!!! Nice one Tonk!

you serious? i go to school currently. i have a 3.83 GPA. will be going to RIT someday to school other people. I havent been schooled by anyone but my teachers who teach. not by people who read something and run with it. What we are having here is a debate. tatonka just made a blanket statement. he pulled up the article after the fact of his so called facts. big deal. Arent you a bills fan too? my point is your biased. tatonka proved nothing by his sentiments and his article that he put up later. he should have put it up to begin with to prove his point. now he just looks biased based on one report he read. now you look biased too becuase your both bills fans.
I simply started this debate becuase it was said on NFL access that JP Losman has scored points at the combine cus he is showing what he has and is for real a first round pick.

Originally posted by Tatonka

i wasnt trying to school him.. just educate him.. he was the one that was busy calling me out..

did you have anything to add now finfan54?

educate me? isnt that the same as school me? after all, we do go to school to get educated.:goof:

Id also like us to go WR and QB with two first round picks - keep in mind that a team like Green Bay could also select a QB (Losman?) late in the first....

QB Discussion

Instead of debating the merits of Losman and Rivers it might be better to start discussing the second tier QBs. IMO the Dolphins are likely to pick up a QB in the later rounds like possbly the 3rd or 4th round. Who might be available and who would be a decent pick?:eek:

Originally posted by Surferosa
Id also like us to go WR and QB with two first round picks - keep in mind that a team like Green Bay could also select a QB (Losman?) late in the first....

yep. but what if Losman and Rivers are their at 20? trade down and get picks because Losman is the guy that coaches/spielman want? in other words, they dont picture rivers in the system they have planned. this is kind of what i was driving at. then you can target woods and Losman and play around and trade down and get some serious drat picks in the second.
wow!

i think i would be totally ecstatic to get Losman/woods at later picks and pick up 2 #2's or a 2 and a 3. suddenly we would be right there in competition with new england on picks in the first two rounds.

Re: QB Discussion

Originally posted by OneHondo
Instead of debating the merits of Losman and Rivers it might be better to start discussing the second tier QBs. IMO the Dolphins are likely to pick up a QB in the later rounds like possbly the 3rd or 4th round. Who might be available and who would be a decent pick?:eek:

could happen. but i would think since this QB class is the best its been in some time, you get a legit 1st rounder cus where we are right now. If sage is gonna be the #2 defenitely then you could be right. but if they want all out competition, i would go Losman (if he is their target). Plus with the depth at WR and possibly having two #1's. i think qb/wr is best way to go. there is wiggle room there to obtain more picks. then maybe get another QB later? the possibilities.

Well my feeling is LOsman will be the man, ........mainly cause Rivers wont be available by the time we draft so that is mute to me. He has been reportedly been climbing teh draft charts and will last no later than teh 15th pick. I personally dont see teh Steelers letting him get by.

Originally posted by clajoie_7

FOR FEELEY!!! Losman will make a huge impact in the league if he has a solid mentor. That would have been a place for Marino to step in. And in all honesty I wouldn't put it past Danny boy to leave the dolphins because he knew of the Feeley trade in the works. Rivers may be a scientist of the game but he has the arm strength of a Gino Torretta/Jesse Palmer. Quick release doesn't not mean strong arm!!

Why do you think Losman or even Rivers would do better 'with a solid mentor' if that same mentor sticks with Feeley? Obviously, Rick and Dave are willing to stake their futures to Feeley, so I say let's deal with reality, that Feeley is our next starting QB.

actually.. like i said.. i have seen him play, and i think the reports are accurate..

do you base all your info on absolutely nothing? looks like it.

Originally posted by finfan54

you serious? i go to school currently. i have a 3.83 GPA. will be going to RIT someday to school other people. I havent been schooled by anyone but my teachers who teach. not by people who read something and run with it. What we are having here is a debate. tatonka just made a blanket statement. he pulled up the article after the fact of his so called facts. big deal. Arent you a bills fan too? my point is your biased. tatonka proved nothing by his sentiments and his article that he put up later. he should have put it up to begin with to prove his point. now he just looks biased based on one report he read. now you look biased too becuase your both bills fans.
I simply started this debate becuase it was said on NFL access that JP Losman has scored points at the combine cus he is showing what he has and is for real a first round pick.

first off.. i dont care what school you go to.. but thanks..

second.. i was not just making a blanket statement.. i was pointing out the valid knocks on losman that i was aware of, much like alot of your fellow fin fans have said as well.. then you asked for proof of that, so i provided what some pro scouts thought to back what i said..

as far as being biased, how is that so? we need a qb too... i am also interested in getting the best qb.. so how is being biased by pointing out faults in ones play? that is called evaluation.. not being biased.. looks like you need to go back to school or get a dicitionary, before you start using big words like biased. being biased would be saying that losman would be better in buffalo than he would in miami..

Not again? can we just stick to the thread pls. I would rather debate about Losman then read you guys go back & forth.

I'm sorry but I wouldnt risk our 1st round on Losman, I would rather take Rivers if he is there. I would rather us use a 3rd on JPickett. Besides the report that has been printed on the net about Losman, my gut instincts tells me not to touch Losman. Another thing, can you teach a young ****y kid who thinks he is all that when he isnt to be humble? I understand for QB you need to have confidence, not only does he have that, he has bad attitude & some. I know he has athletism but you can't make it in the NFL based on that alone, esp for a QB: eg. Leaf. I hope he does make it in the NFL cus I wish every player to be successful but I just dont want us to risk a 1st rounder on someone who has bad attitude, plays on athletism & doesn't understand the game too well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Tatonka

first off.. i dont care what school you go to.. but thanks..

second.. i was not just making a blanket statement.. i was pointing out the valid knocks on losman that i was aware of, much like alot of your fellow fin fans have said as well.. then you asked for proof of that, so i provided what some pro scouts thought to back what i said..

as far as being biased, how is that so? we need a qb too... i am also interested in getting the best qb.. so how is being biased by pointing out faults in ones play? that is called evaluation.. not being biased.. looks like you need to go back to school or get a dicitionary, before you start using big words like biased. being biased would be saying that losman would be better in buffalo than he would in miami..

Of all the QB's, the scouts are saying Losman is the most athletic. athletic QB's are in these days. I know that much. Now, he was ranked as a first rounder before, and he still is. that was what they were saying at the combine. now, it doesnt matter what some guy wrote, its just some guy. the knock on him is he ended up at a smaller school and he is a bit ****y. there was never doubts about his abilities. at least from what i read.

He'll be drafted by Green Bay. Brett Favre had him out to his house for a "get to know you" session last summer.

Originally posted by phinphanbill
He'll be drafted by Green Bay. Brett Favre had him out to his house for a "get to know you" session last summer.

Has GB ever groomed a QB that flopped badly after leaving GB? Losman probably better off over in GB than in Miami.

Originally posted by finfan54

Of all the QB's, the scouts are saying Losman is the most athletic. athletic QB's are in these days. I know that much. Now, he was ranked as a first rounder before, and he still is. that was what they were saying at the combine. now, it doesnt matter what some guy wrote, its just some guy. the knock on him is he ended up at a smaller school and he is a bit ****y. there was never doubts about his abilities. at least from what i read.

Two names Jake Delhomme Tom Brady
Neither athletic both in the super bowl.
Hey ill ad to that list.
2003 champs brad johnson
2002 champs tom brady
2001 champs trent dilfer
2000 champs kurt warner
The only exception I can think of is John Elway and even with athleticism he was still more of a threat with his arm. I lopve to watch mobile quarterback play they are fun and athletic but they dont win championships. They are injury prone and very often take off a second before a big route was about to break open.

Back
Top Bottom