Merged: JP Losman | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: JP Losman

J.P. Losman

Why does J.P. Losman keep getting over looked by us. He has amazing arm strength, has good footwork, makes plays, and moves around the pocket like a McNair and Favre. Why is so much banked on Rivers?? 6"5" and he isn't all that mobile. Oh did I mention that Losman has a sweet thirty to forty yard strike for an arm?? Just because a player doesn't have a good Senior bowl game means very little. A career isn't based on a single game and with our offensive line we are in dire need for a mobile playmaker...

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: J.P. Losman

Originally posted by clajoie_7
Why does J.P. Losman keep getting over looked by us. He has amazing arm strength, has good footwork, makes plays, and moves around the pocket like a McNair and Favre. Why is so much banked on Rivers?? 6"5" and he isn't all that mobile. Oh did I mention that Losman has a sweet thirty to forty yard strike for an arm?? Just because a player doesn't have a good Senior bowl game means very little. A career isn't based on a single game and with our offensive line we are in dire need for a mobile playmaker...

And a decent college career with a rocket arm and athletecism does not a QB make. He doesn't seem to have the intangibles for a great QB. He COULD be something many years down the road, but he doesn't have a football mind. Rivers/Losman is a Leaf/Manning comparison (i leave eli and Ben out because their Rivers mind with more physical ability).

Rivers is a student of the game who makes reads VERY well, and goes through his progressoins, and takes what is GIVEN to him.

Lostman is not. He's an athletic player with an attitude. he'll force throws that Rivers won't which will add up to more INT's in the NFL.

Rivers WILL be successful because he KNOWS the game of football. That's why payton is so successful, he's not a physically dominating QB, he's a pocket passer that makes great reads quickly.

Leaf failed because he's all athletecism. He was unable to make the jump to read D's in the NFL. That's what i see in losman. he's ****y, and relies on his arm rather than his head. that will get him nowhere.

IF he makes that intellectual jump in the NFL he could be good. But it will be MUCH harder for him to do than Rivers, because he'll have to change his approach to the game. Much higher chance of him failing, I won't gamble it.

Uh, we just used a 2nd rounder on a QB.

FOR FEELEY!!! Losman will make a huge impact in the league if he has a solid mentor. That would have been a place for Marino to step in. And in all honesty I wouldn't put it past Danny boy to leave the dolphins because he knew of the Feeley trade in the works. Rivers may be a scientist of the game but he has the arm strength of a Gino Torretta/Jesse Palmer. Quick release doesn't not mean strong arm!!

Originally posted by clajoie_7

FOR FEELEY!!! Losman will make a huge impact in the league if he has a solid mentor. That would have been a place for Marino to step in. And in all honesty I wouldn't put it past Danny boy to leave the dolphins because he knew of the Feeley trade in the works. Rivers may be a scientist of the game but he has the arm strength of a Gino Torretta/Jesse Palmer. Quick release doesn't not mean strong arm!!

Ever seen him play? Rivers is an AMAZING QB with a MORE than adequate arm. He can throw the 50 yard Deep ball, and has done so consistenly for YEARS. You should do som research and you'll see that his average yards per pass were actually HIGHER than losmans, and he hit 70%+ of his passes his senior year. THAT is what we need. he is accurate, with a strong arm, a lot of zip, a quick release, AND he hits receiversi n stride allowing for more YAC.

Say what you want, he's doesn't have a jesse Palmer/Gino Torretta arm. it's not Losmans but that's not the point. Your argument of a stronger arm is like saying a WR is better because he can run a 3 sec 40 but neglecting to mention he can't catch a cold.

I think we should draft JP cuz we have a QB coach who can help him read defenses and all the little things he needs help with. You cant teach ARM STRENGTH OR POCKET SPEED. JP will be a 1 year project and it think one year of learning behind A.J will be great for him. We trade O-GUN and get another 1st round pick draft a WR or a maybe a DB cuz surtain is 28 and madison is 30 and gets burnt by james trash!!!.

Originally posted by finfan54

Oh really tatonka? what have you been hearing about Losman? you been watching the combines? How do you know he is not smart? that is not anything of what i have heard. arent you a bills fan?

what difference does it make if i am a bills fan.. if it isnt anything that you have heard, then you dont do your homework...maybe you should before you assume that i am making an incorrect statement because i am a bills fan.. in case you were not aware, we are still in the market for a young qb too.. so my opinion of him doesnt change for the bills or the dolphins.. he is what he is.. i also watched him play several times.. and the reports are accurate..

Losman's weaknesses from the huddle report:
"He does everything right now on athletic talent alone. That won't do it at the next level. He consistently holds on to the ball too long in the passing game. He is inconsistent and sloppy in his mechanics. I do not sense that he is a leader that wants the people around him to be more successful then he is. He does not understand the meaning of team play."

also...
"It seems as if Losman has trouble making precise throws.
He doesn't show great touch underneath, and he still has some
work to do in terms of changing his velocity.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/features/story?page=2004seniorbowl/index

Originally posted by fellows
I think we should draft JP cuz we have a QB coach who can help him read defenses and all the little things he needs help with. You cant teach ARM STRENGTH OR POCKET SPEED. JP will be a 1 year project and it think one year of learning behind A.J will be great for him. We trade O-GUN and get another 1st round pick draft a WR or a maybe a DB cuz surtain is 28 and madison is 30 and gets burnt by james trash!!!.

IMO you can't teach fast decision making either. Many rocket armed QBs have been drafted on the premise that they could be taught everything else and the experiment has failed miserably. The QB has to already have an aptitude. Maybe Losman has it. If RS believes he does then I hope Miami takes him over an OL guy they have less faith in.

Losman almost every record at his school and Patrick ramsey played there when losman was a freshmen (i think) but losman was there.

wasnt it losman who was the transfer from UCLA? i believe it was.. he didnt want to have to compete for the starting spot, so he peaced out.

I have to add something that we seem to be overlooking...

Sage is a FA/UFA, and may or may not be a Fin next year. Why do I think that? Well I have not heard or read anything on Sage, coming from the FO... Has anybody else?

Our 3rd stringer QB (Stoner) now will be playing in Europe...

So I would not be "illogical" (Live Long and Prosper), if the FO would get another vet FA QB or look to draft another in the lower rounds.

Originally posted by Tatonka

what difference does it make if i am a bills fan.. if it isnt anything that you have heard, then you dont do your homework...maybe you should before you assume that i am making an incorrect statement because i am a bills fan.. in case you were not aware, we are still in the market for a young qb too.. so my opinion of him doesnt change for the bills or the dolphins.. he is what he is.. i also watched him play several times.. and the reports are accurate..

"He does everything right now on athletic talent alone. That won't do it at the next level. He consistently holds on to the ball too long in the passing game. He is inconsistent and sloppy in his mechanics. I do not sense that he is a leader that wants the people around him to be more successful then he is. He does not understand the meaning of team play."

also...

Man, Finfan54, you just got taken to school! LMAO!!! Nice one Tonk!

Originally posted by zevo

Man, Finfan54, you just got taken to school! LMAO!!! Nice one Tonk!

i wasnt trying to school him.. just educate him.. he was the one that was busy calling me out..

did you have anything to add now finfan54?

Originally posted by Tatonka

also...

you beleive everything you read tatonka? sounds like it.

Back
Top Bottom