[MERGED] Keyshawn Strongly Considering Comeback | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] Keyshawn Strongly Considering Comeback

We need him on the field. Who would you rather have? Stallworth? Gaffney? Wait, why don't we trade away all of our picks to go and get Chad Johnson? Keyshawn isn't going to demand a huge contract. He knows how to play the game. He's a big-bodied possession WR that we do not have on this team. We need at least one veteran WR to teach the younger guys a thing or two. Yea, I don't like the fact that he dissed Ginn, but if he can make Ginn better, then I'm all for it. Think about the team, and stop letting your emotions judge your offseason wants. If he performs on the field and helps out with the younger guys, he's helping the team.

:lol: emotions!? (had to include the smiley) You just went on an unwarranted rant about either/or scenario. Did I post anything that resembles my wanting Stallworth, Gaffney or trading picks away? Confusing me with another member?

Anyway, possession WR? I guess you believe Hagan is a short speed demon huh? Is there a proverbial gun to the F.O.'s head demanding the signing of a past-his-prime, never-was-as-good-as-he-thought-he-was slow locker room cancer of a WR?

There's no way he would want more than Booker would have made this year...

ok fine....but Booker was only worth half of what he was going to make at most....Meshawn is certainly going to want more than that. So we would still be overpaying for slow, selfish egomaniac

Key will play for Bill for a song. You can hear it in his voice when the subject would come up. He wants to play so bad it hurts. For his age he was solid for Carolina. Always looks to be in good shape/ready to play. As far as "Meshawn" goes, that has gradually gone away over the years. Always wants to please Bill and be a part of "his" team. I think he would be a nice "CHEAP" addition to the receivers and the coaching staff as well. Player/coach Johnson? Yeah, that sounds good to me.

I think he would be willing to take less to play for Parcells again

I think you're right. Sure, he's not going to come play for say.......a paycheck the size of mine, but I would think he would be reasonably priced. More than anything, he's probably going to want a hefty signing bonus. Something that's guaranteed. I could warm up to the idea of KJ playing for us.

I agree.. I see us signing him for around the 2 million mark. give or take a few hundred thousand
I'd bet (well not really) that he would settle for a smaller base salary than that, even. I just think he'll want a nice guaranteed amount up front.

I think you're right. Sure, he's not going to come play for say.......a paycheck the size of mine, but I would think he would be reasonably priced. More than anything, he's probably going to want a hefty signing bonus. Something that's guaranteed. I could warm up to the idea of KJ playing for us.

I agree... I mean, even when you watched then on ESPN analyzing, you could see how much respect KJ has for Parcells... You cant even really put words to it... I think he would accept any offer Parcells would entertain, but I also dont think Parcells would underchange him

If he wants a lot of money Parcells will tell him to go back to his desk.
He's getting another chance to play.... the ball isn't really in his court.

I guess I would take him over Marty Booker

Maybe it's just me but I find this lack of respect for Marty Booker saddening, to say the least. There goes one of the classiest guys to have played for us in the last I don't know how many years - never complained, worked his butt off, great teammate - and people can't wait to have him replaced by a notorious loudmouth who has always spelled "team" with a capital I. I wasn't opposed to cutting Booker. But how anyone can rejoice at the tought of replacing him with Keyshawn Johnson of all people is beyond me. Recently I read a thread called "Class versus Classless" - this move would fit right in.

no thanks i just cant imagine this helping th team in anyway, all the **** he spoke (wheres ted ginn..........the response ask cam he wasnt using him when cc was still here). he is an overrated piece of ****. like t.o. said we came in the league together whos still playin.......he had 100 plus catch season but yet caught 1 touchdown. **** him, and i am really starting to hope that at some point our f.o. will stat thinking outside the box instead of jusst chasing everything cowboy

Booker always seemed to trip over his shoelaces or an invisible pothole after the catch.

Not that I am a huge KJ fan or anything, but if he can catch the ball he can help us.

Also, keep in mind a lot of this so-called dissing is just media talking heads trying to come up with something to talk about. Doesn't mean they really believe it, but they feel successful if when they talk, people listen - and especially complain, 'cause then they know the audience was listening.

I wouldn't count on a lot of mentoring though, more of setting an example to follow (or not) rather than active teaching. That should mostly come from the coaches and I don't get the feeling KJ would be all that great at it.

yeah...cause that's Meshawn's calling card, being a mentor and making others around him better. :rolleyes2:

Yea, I guess his track record shows otherwise. I was referring more to showing Ginn and Hagan a couple of tricks to get an advantage on the field. He's a veteran, so he knows how to play the position. He could be a "mentor" to them...

Back
Top Bottom