[MERGED] Keyshawn Strongly Considering Comeback | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] Keyshawn Strongly Considering Comeback

:lol: emotions!? (had to include the smiley) You just went on an unwarranted rant about either/or scenario. Did I post anything that resembles my wanting Stallworth, Gaffney or trading picks away? Confusing me with another member?

Anyway, possession WR? I guess you believe Hagan is a short speed demon huh? Is there a proverbial gun to the F.O.'s head demanding the signing of a past-his-prime, never-was-as-good-as-he-thought-he-was slow locker room cancer of a WR?

My bad. I was a little vicious and unwarranted with my words. My car got broken into last night, so I was a little hot under the collar this morning. Guess you guys can see how much I depend on this site being up. The ultimate stress reliever...

What I meant to say was that we are in need of a veteran WR. Ginn is only going to be in his second year. I like him a lot, but I just don't think he's ready to be a #1 WR. Keyshawn has played for Parcells before. Parcells knows how to handle the guy. He's kept himself in great shape. Plus, he's older now, so I'm assuming that he isn't as bad as he used to be. He can't demand a big contract because we're essentially giving him a chance to be on the field again. Why not bring him in? We can control his ego with Parcells, he'll be cheap, and he can really help us out on the field.

My bad. I was a little vicious and unwarranted with my words. My car got broken into last night, so I was a little hot under the collar this morning. Guess you guys can see how much I depend on this site being up. The ultimate stress reliever...

What I meant to say was that we are in need of a veteran WR. Ginn is only going to be in his second year. I like him a lot, but I just don't think he's ready to be a #1 WR. Keyshawn has played for Parcells before. Parcells knows how to handle the guy. He's kept himself in great shape. Plus, he's older now, so I'm assuming that he isn't as bad as he used to be. He can't demand a big contract because we're essentially giving him a chance to be on the field again. Why not bring him in? We can control his ego with Parcells, he'll be cheap, and he can really help us out on the field.

No problem broham. Sorry to hear about your whip. And we all can relate to depending on Finheaven for providing a little escape from our real lives.

I'm just dead set against bringing him in because to me, the negatives outweigh the positives by a mile. Remember, Parcells won't be on the sidelines on Sunday. So no matter what Sparano says on game day, there's a good chance MeShawn will look "through" the HC and only answer to BP.

There will be other options. Yes, this year's WR FA class isn't great, but I would look elsewhere for that one veteran to teach Ginn & Hagan.

* Off topic (sort of)
If I was a GM I would pay Jerry Rice to train my young Wrs in the off-season. Why teams do not take advantage of his knowledge & conditioning program is beyond me. Imagine Ginn & Hagan under Rice's tutelage.

Why on earth would you want Grossman here? The guy is bad...not just bad, TERRIBLE. He is a terrible QB, and lucked out by being on a team with a great D, some good receivers, and a pretty good running game.

I guess this means were going to draft a WR rather than get a vet with 7+ years left. I'm down...long as its Sweed or Hardy.

If we bring Keyshawn in here, the odds are he'd get beaten out in training camp by one of the new guys. If he wasn't, it would tell me Ireland wasn't looking hard enough for WRs.

this guy will prob want 2 mill plus ,at his age being out of football all of last year what is his actual worth to us.we dont need a one year contract from this guy because i dont c him hear for more than a year.

Bringing in a veteran like Keyshawn and a potential #1/2 like Williams/Johnson makes a lot sense considering our WR corps lack the experience and talent. Keyshawn would take over Bookers place as a mentor/veteran go to guy who will play for cheaper.

Having the toughness of Keyshawn Johnson in the middle, it'd allow us to go after another deep threat such as Bernard Berrian or DJ Hackett. Now how's that for an upgrade at WR? Ginn & Berrian or Hackett on the outsides with Keyshawn in the slot.

Forget about Derek Hagan; he's a #4 WR at best in this league. Period.

Parcells states the job is waiting on Keyshawn if he unretires

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d806b50b2

Not surprised at all, I predicted this to my friends immediately after Parcells was hired. I wouldn't mind this at all, a good posession receiver to line up opposite of Ginn and a typical Parcells veteran to help the younger guys learn the system. I hope it happens.

Back
Top Bottom