[MERGED] Keyshawn Strongly Considering Comeback | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] Keyshawn Strongly Considering Comeback

Well, Keyshawn isn't going to come back at the price tag of what he used to make. I'm sure it would be a very reasonable contract. Although just because Keys has been a reliable option for Bill in the past, and he likes a big physical receiver as his primary option, i think he has to realize that Keys skills are diminishing, he's not the player he once was, and now he's a year out of football completely.

He cut Zach for salary relief, and because of his size being a reason that he probably wouldn't fit in as a Parcells player. Obviously age isn't too much of a factor because he's interested in bringing back Keys.

I understand the salary relief but why not make an agreement with Zach. Tell Zach you want to cut him and then bring him back on a minimum veteran salary. I think Zach would agree with it considering he could finish his career with the team he started. As for the size and all measurables, we understand BP's desired prototypical sizes BUT I think what BP is missing is that Zach has been PRODUCTIVE his whole career. You can't just throw that out the window and now if the 'Boys sign him, I think BP will look like a fool because their backers are bigger than him.

Zach was mighty productive despite his measurables and I dont believe its right to outright cut a guy because hes 3-4 inches shorter than an other linebacker that you dont even know if he will be productive. I guarantee you if the 'Boys sign Zach and hes productive, BP will regret his decision on Zach's release. Even if the rookie/FA we acquire is productive, I think that rookie could have used Zach as a mentor for another year.

Also, I know Zach had a concussion once again this year and missed games. He has missed 17 games total in the past 5 years but 11 of those coming this year. I think Zach will be fine for at least another year and I think that we could have used him here for that year. I wish him the best of luck wherever he ends up.

Once again, I'm glad BP isn't here in Dallas anymore. Before ya know it, he'll have Vinnie back and Drew backing him up.

Once again, I'm glad BP isn't here in Dallas anymore. Before ya know it, he'll have Vinnie back and Drew backing him up.

You weren't happy when BP was in Dallas? Didn't he end like a three year playoff drought for you guys when he inserted Tony as your QB?

Not surprised at all, I predicted this to my friends immediately after Parcells was hired. I wouldn't mind this at all, a good posession receiver to line up opposite of Ginn and a typical Parcells veteran to help the younger guys learn the system. I hope it happens.

I thought we had that in Marty Booker.

I thought we had that in Marty Booker.

Kind of I guess you could say, he slipped all the time and dropped balls. I remember one time, I dont know vs who, but he had like a WIDE open lane to run after a block and he slipped. Then he dropped a third down catch for a first down...... no wait that was Hagan. Nvm the last part lol.

Thats a really good point. It makes you wonder what the hell was BP thinking when he released ZT. I think hes very bias, its like if it is not his player then he does not want them. As for Meshawn, I would offer him a one year deal for veteran minimum salary. If he does not take it, sucks for him. If he does take it, sweet we got a old *** possession receiver.

Thomas was going to take up a lot of cap space this year. It's not BP's fault that Cam and the doctors are idiots and couldn't diagnose him with "super headaches," or whatever they called them in the interview. I guarantee you that if Zach had played 12 games last year, he would still be here. As for Keyshawn - he's a big body that we do not have on the field. Match him up with a 5'10" DB and he'll catch the ball.

Whats the point of telling Zach we are going younger and rebuilding but then turn around and offer A RETIRED PLAYER a spot on the team. This makes me even more sad for the departure of Zach. :(

Does urk me that they let Zack go, and not really sure if KJ will do anything if signed but we can't be disgusted that they let go a good vet like Zack & bring in a retired vet. Reason being, because they're two entirely different positions. Sure there's still a lot of questions. Will KJ be any better then Booker (if we would've kept him). Will Porter be the mentor / leader LB that Zack was. Yet, we can't argue that we shouldn't let a vet go like Zack & bring in one such as Johnson. Because KJ will come cheap, making probably about a 1/4 of what Zack would've made. There's going to be some other costly FA pick ups, and our 1st few picks are going to cost us quite a bit too, so they had to save on the cap, by making some cuts. Parcels has a history of turning things around, and as much as we may not like all of his moves - I'm sure he's a few moves ahead of us.

Go Fins!

Thomas was going to take up a lot of cap space this year. It's not BP's fault that Cam and the doctors are idiots and couldn't diagnose him with "super headaches," or whatever they called them in the interview. I guarantee you that if Zach had played 12 games last year, he would still be here. As for Keyshawn - he's a big body that we do not have on the field. Match him up with a 5'10" DB and he'll catch the ball.

I understand that but why didn't they just cut him and have an agreement with him on a one year deal that wouldn't take up so much space? That is my problem with this move, BP is offering Keyshawn a roster space and hes been out of the league for a year BUT Zach missed more than three games for just the SECOND time in his career.

He has been consistenly productive, he had 52 tackles and a sack in only five games this past year. Why cut him and not bring him back when he has been doing that. I understand measurables matter but you can't just throw out consistent production over an entire career. Zach now is interested in playing in the 3-4 and as I previously stated, if Zach goes to a 3-4 team and puts up close to numbers he did here, BP will REGRET his decision of letting Zach go.

Wow. Let's cut zach but sign a WR who hasn't played in two years and didn't exactly have the greatest seasons the last two years he did play. awesome!

I understand that but why didn't they just cut him and have an agreement with him on a one year deal that wouldn't take up so much space? That is my problem with this move, BP is offering Keyshawn a roster space and hes been out of the league for a year BUT Zach missed more than three games for just the SECOND time in his career.

He has been consistenly productive, he had 52 tackles and a sack in only five games this past year. Why cut him and not bring him back when he has been doing that. I understand measurables matter but you can't just throw out consistent production over an entire career. Zach now is interested in playing in the 3-4 and as I previously stated, if Zach goes to a 3-4 team and puts up close to numbers he did here, BP will REGRET his decision of letting Zach go.

This could go either way. People can say that we should have re-signed him, while others could say that we need to head in a new direction. The thing that I think about is the fact that they let him go with class. He said it himself. I'm happy for him because we're in no position to even think about Super Bowl. He's got his chance to get what every football player suits up for - a Super Bowl ring. I think it's unselfish on the FO's part, and I think Zach is an extremely high class person that had nothing but good things to say about the organization when he left. He said that he would be a Dolphin for life, so when he's out there in another team's uniform, all I'll see is the Zach that was running around in aqua and orange. I'm sad that he's gone, but I'm happy that he's going to get a shot elsewhere.

This could go either way. People can say that we should have re-signed him, while others could say that we need to head in a new direction. The thing that I think about is the fact that they let him go with class. He said it himself. I'm happy for him because we're in no position to even think about Super Bowl. He's got his chance to get what every football player suits up for - a Super Bowl ring. I think it's unselfish on the FO's part, and I think Zach is an extremely high class person that had nothing but good things to say about the organization when he left. He said that he would be a Dolphin for life, so when he's out there in another team's uniform, all I'll see is the Zach that was running around in aqua and orange. I'm sad that he's gone, but I'm happy that he's going to get a shot elsewhere.

You are correct. I am happy that Zach played for us as long as he could and gave his heart and soul. I am happy for him that he is getting his shot that he well deserves. I am still torn on the cut and the offer to Meshawn and I think it will bother me for a while because of the reasons I stated. No one will ever replace #54.

Wow. Let's cut zach but sign a WR who hasn't played in two years and didn't exactly have the greatest seasons the last two years he did play. awesome!

I agree but Meshawn's last three years were pretty good. He finished with a respectful average of 70 catches and 878 yards in those three years. His final year he was 35 years old I believe.

I agree 100%. It is all about business. And I will root for Zack to get his Ring no matter where he goes. even if it is with uh... well you know. I would not mind seeing NE take it next year with Both Zach and Seau. There is no two classier ppl in the league that deserve it. even as much as i despise the team i would root for them two.

Back
Top Bottom