Merged: LaVar Arrington threads/Arrington to Giants/Arrington Meeting with Jags | Page 37 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: LaVar Arrington threads/Arrington to Giants/Arrington Meeting with Jags

DPlus47 said:
that was quick! the j-ville newspapers haven't even taken my picture yet!
I screwed your number up at first. :lol: Quick fingers hit 42 instead of 47. I fixed it and re-ordered it. :lol:

I just signed with the Fins. :wink:

clear.gif

Nublar7 said:
I screwed your number up at first. :lol: Quick fingers hit 42 instead of 47. I fixed it and re-ordered it. :lol:

that's funny. i thought something was off...

monday i'm going to demand a trade to miami.

the longer this takes, the better our chances are. Arrington's agent did say he planned on talking with Cincy, but i dont see LaVar leaving florida. he'll be signed somewhere by monday morning. i think if he isnt Jacksonvilles by Sunday night, he signs with us first thing Monday morning.

LaVar Arringtong has "good" meeting with Jags.

NFL NOTEBOOK: Jags meet with free agent Arrington

Free agent linebacker LaVar Arrington had what was described by Jaguars senior vice president Paul Vance as a "good meeting'' with team officials Saturday. "We like him as a player and we like him as a person,'' Vance said.
Arrington stayed in Jacksonville Saturday night after spending the day with Jaguars' officials and was scheduled to leave this morning.
Vance declined to characterize the status of the negotiations except to say that talks will continue.
Arrington previously visited the Giants and Dolphins and may also visit the Cincinnati Bengals, but that probably wouldn't take place until the end of the week because coach Marvin Lewis and team executives are in Orlando for the annual league meeting. Arrington had a meeting scheduled with the Bengals Thursday, but it fell through because of a conflict.
The problem for the Jaguars may be in bridging the gap between Arrington's expectations and their defensive salary structure.
Arrington has indicated he's looking for a contract in the range of the seven-year $54 million deal that Julian Peterson got from the Seattle Seahawks. Peterson and Arrington are both represented by the Poston brothers, Kevin and Carl.
The Jaguars set a standard for their defensive players when they gave defensive tackles Marcus Stroud and John Henderson six-year $34 million deals and are reluctant to go above that figure.
The Jaguars are looking for a linebacker to replace Akin Ayodele, who signed with the Dallas Cowboys.
http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/032606/jag_21455669.shtml

http://www.jaguars.com/mb/default.aspx?f=6&m=794410

Sounds Like we may be seeing LaVar again in Miami.:dolphins:

We need to spend that money. Give him his 54 mil incentive deal. He has to make so many tackles, sacks, int's...show great leadership, fuqqit play special teams too. He has to be in atleast 90% of the games. Playing hurt builds character. If he complied to all...He'd be worth the money

XXXSURTAINXXX said:
We need to spend that money. Give him his 54 mil incentive deal. He has to make so many tackles, sacks, int's...show great leadership, fuqqit play special teams too. He has to be in atleast 90% of the games. Playing hurt builds character. If he complied to all...He'd be worth the money

Agreed. A deal heavy on incentives is the only way to justify that kind of a contract for him.

So this could drag on until the end of the week if he decides to visit with the Bengals?

:smackhead :wall: :angry: :tantrum: Yup, that just about covers it!

XXXSURTAINXXX said:
Lavar on special teams? You don't field a 54 million dollar athlete on kick return coverage.

Hopefully he signs with Jacksonville, they have the cap space, and we need the money to build a young, fast team for tomorrow and the future. Say maybe Chad Greenway or Ernie Sims.

Back
Top Bottom