Merged: LaVar Arrington threads/Arrington to Giants/Arrington Meeting with Jags | Page 38 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: LaVar Arrington threads/Arrington to Giants/Arrington Meeting with Jags

i hope he doesnt meet with the Bengals and just decides between us, the jags and the giants...(obviously i want him to choose us:) )

I think in his heart he wants to be here but with Frick and Frat as his agents. Those guys are a bunch of clowns. Used Car salesmen at best....and one is suspended for 2 yrs. He needs a new agent first then get a deal done. Or hire T.O s 49ers agent..Then we could afford him

So now he comes back to Miami. This is good news for us....

From the way it sounds in that article,{The Jaguars set a standard for their defensive players when they gave defensive tackles Marcus Stroud and John Henderson six-year $34 million deals and are reluctant to go above that figure.}, the Jags offer was not even in the ballpark....

PHINZ RULE!!!

So this means he's heading to Miami today. He seems to favor the dolphins so with all things being equal plus the fact that we are potentially superbowl bound (if not this year in the near future), and FL has no state tax so he's going to come down a bit from his $54m demands or at least accept an incentive laden contract to play here because the dolphins have far more UPSIDE. Go dolphins!:dolphins:

Pigskin Pimp said:
Lavar on special teams? You don't field a 54 million dollar athlete on kick return coverage.

No. You include incentives in the contract IF he plays on specials teams!

I'm pretty sure that Culpeppers contract has quite a few of those "not likely to be earned incentives" in there. I specifically remember hearing that special teams play was one item in there. It's part of why he got a $100M contract with Minnesota but felt he was underpaid. Until Wilf added a $6M roster bonus to his contract for this year after a 1 day semi-holdout last year, Daunte would've only been making $2M this year...

What really surprises me with Arrington, is the lack of interest he's drawing....

Only a handful of teams have had him in for visits, and nobody seems to be willing to match his contract demands. Is there something about Arrington that we don't know, that's keeping teams from signing him / making a legit offer???...

Peterson didn't have much trouble getting his money. Why are teams so hesitant to give Arrington the same?? It just seems strange that a LB of Arrinton's stature, is now struggling to reach the market value he's been given. I thought teams would be all over Arrington this off-season, but obviously not many teams are that interested....

PHINZ RULE!!!

offer him a deal he cant refuse, anything less then a signing of arrington by sunday night will be disappointing to me. lets face it, if we dont sign him today, jacksonville will get to him first

If Saban is at the Owner's meetings, as has been reported in the Herald and Sun-Sentinel, it is unlikely the Dolphins will be signing anybody today, especially someone of the magnitude of Arrington.

That's not necessarily true. In the day and age of fax machines and cell phones. All it takes is Arrington's agent getting on a conference call with Nick and Randy and working out the #'s. Having the papers faxed to LaVar and back to the Dolphins with a signature and then a press release saying he's been signed. Now, having said all that, I don't think it's going to happen today, but, it would be that simple. Signing LaVar would be no different to Nick than signing Sedrick Hodge or Will Allen, he doesn't hold press conferences for any free agents, so it's not like that would be a hold up.

Peterson himself said that no other team was close to the Seahawk offer. Hopefully noone gives in to that offer. It is kind of crazy to offer that much money. I would be surpirsed if the fins offered close to that contract with our cap issues and also very surprised if the jags paid him more than Henderson/Stroud. The jags are very cap conscious after there disaster a few years ago.

Well Nick said that he was going to take a break from hosting free agents for about 3 days..

So it's doubtful that we'll hear anything today..hopefully I'm wrong tho..

Back
Top Bottom