Merged: Marcus Vick | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Marcus Vick

I honestly think that this kid is VERY talented. Unlike his brother, he actually understands how to pass the ball. Things like "touch" or "looking off a receiver" that Mike has no idea about...

HOWEVER... he is DEFINATLY not worth a 1st round pick. He is still very unpolished and very inexperienced (he started only like 11 games as a QB). I would be thrilled if we drafted him, but no higher than a 6th round pick... He has some serious character and maturity issues that completely devalue his talent.

for a 6th... sure. But nothing higher...

Is Marcus Vick worth taking a flyer on?

With Ron Mexico Jr. kicked off the Chokies, Is he worth a 6th or later pick as a developmental QB? I am well aware of his off field troubles, but at times he flashed some skills. Before all the nattering nabobs of negativity wield their sarcastic barbs, I dont expect him to come in and play immediately. Given a couple of years under Saban's system, He might turn into what his big brother isn't... An NFL quarterback.

ill take him in the 6 or 7

so he can run when our qb is struggling

hes blind cant see defneders around pick machine

mbsinmisc said:
With Ron Mexico Jr. kicked off the Chokies, Is he worth a 6th or later pick as a developmental QB? I am well aware of his off field troubles, but at times he flashed some skills. Before all the nattering nabobs of negativity wield their sarcastic barbs, I dont expect him to come in and play immediately. Given a couple of years under Saban's system, He might turn into what his big brother isn't... An NFL quarterback.

Nope.

Look up idiot in the dictionary and you will see his picture. He must think that just because he is Ron Mexico Sr.'s little brother, that he can do what he wants.:shakeno:

I didnt see many of his games, I think I watched part of a couple. He had moments but was prone to mistakes, Is that an unfixable trait, or can it be chalked up to inexperience? What do some of the draft gurus think?

that's the problem with fans, your quick to judge someone you dont even know. Just because you watched him play you think you know him, when in reality you show that you know nothing.

Dubfire said:
Nope.

Look up idiot in the dictionary and you will see his picture. He must think that just because he is Ron Mexico Sr.'s little brother, that he can do what he wants.:shakeno:

Vick's talent is debatable and he can't stay out of trouble.......i wouldn't take him in the last round

Thats the spirit. Lets take a guy who already cant handle himself and throw money at him and HOPE that he grows up to become a pro football player. I wouldnt give up a seventh round pick for that guy.

JG718 said:
that's the problem with fans, your quick to judge someone you dont even know. Just because you watched him play you think you know him, when in reality you show that you know nothing.

Ummm, he has quite a long record of misconduct. He was given one more chance by the school pres. and he failed to stay out of trouble, does this sound like a pattern to you??? Marcus Vick is no genius and it's clear all he did was get a football scholarship and now he can't even finish a free ride through school. How much credit does one guy deserve in your eyes?? After all that he WILL screw up any chance he's given in the pros, Idon't want it to be in Miami!!

No hes not the QB I want for this team. The guy is a buffoon. I dont need to see every game hes played. I saw the Louisville game when he stepped on the back of a DE leg with steel cleats. What a douche. If the refs had seen that they would have ejected him ( and said as much in an interview)

Ever see him in an interview? When asked if he felt a win over Louisville helped ease the sting of the defeat from Fla St. his reply was " It do yeah it do" No thanks.

He drives without a license (he lost it bc of drugs) , gets underage girls drunk, and talks and acts like a third rate thug. How do you think hell act in Miami?

Maybe he can go to NY and back up Eli. They seem to have a thing for the shallow end of a gene pool.

Back
Top Bottom