Merged: Marcus Vick | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Marcus Vick

Joneal7 said:
wow....theres no way would i want Shockley over Vick...

Shockley
2311 Yards 21 TD's 5 Int's 55% comp 251 YDs Rushing 4 TD's 100.6 QB Rating

Vick
2190 Yards 15 TD's 10 Int's 62 % comp 370 Yds Rushing 6 TD's 90.85 QB Rating

More "oh his numbers are better" analysis. Which especially does not mean squat at the college level, since it doesn't always transfer to the NFL. Just ask Heath Shuler, Gino Toretta, and Ty Detmer....

RobFins2005 said:
More "oh his numbers are better" analysis. Which especially does not mean squat at the college level, since it doesn't always transfer to the NFL. Just ask Heath Shuler, Gino Toretta, and Ty Detmer....

And I bet you would jump a taking Leinart if he was available. Your right numbers don't always transfer to the NFL, see Ryan Leaf. Shockley is better.

All I was saying is that doing a side by side comparison of stats amongst college players is silly because there is an extreme lack of parity in college football which always inflates many quarterbacks' numbers and since certain types of offenses (the option) don't work in the pros.

I agree about the college stat comparison of numbers. Talent at college level is very hit or miss. But if Shockley were available in Round 3 of the draft and we had not taken a QB, I would take him. Gus will start again next year unless we sign a FA at the position.

So what are we supposed to judge them by if not numbers? I've watched both guys play and I prefer Shockley to Vick, I think Vick has potential but needs more development. He has good completion % but his TD/INT ratio is a bit troubling.

Kenny_Stang said:
So what are we supposed to judge them by if not numbers? I've watched both guys play and I prefer Shockley to Vick, I think Vick has potential but needs more development. He has good completion % but his TD/INT ratio is a bit troubling.

Well you could always try watching the games, that one always works.

:)

Seriously though, if NFL talent scouts evaluated sheerly on numbers Chris Weinke may have been the #1 pick in the draft when he came out.

Marcus Vick's interview with NFL scouts

Hi Im Marcus Vick I dont throw or run as well as my brother Mike and I fold against good teams like Miami, but you should take me because....my last name is Vick

I dont like they guy as a player....he plays great against the nobodys of college football but totally folds against good teams

RobFins2005 said:
Well you could always try watching the games, that one always works.

:)

Seriously though, if NFL talent scouts evaluated sheerly on numbers Chris Weinke may have been the #1 pick in the draft when he came out.

LOL. Well I have watched several games by both guys this year, and I'm watching Shockley at work right now in the Sugar Bowl. I think Marcus gets attention because he's Michael Vick's younger brother, but he's not as good as his brother is/was... so that doesn't say much for him.

Can't be as bad as Brock Berlins interview.

"C'mon, give me another chance. Why all the bias for people who can throw tight spirals? Maybe it's your fault you didn't teach your receivers to catch my wobbly passes. More quarterbacks should throw the football in a downward, stabbing-like motion!"

Stepping on that guys leg sure didnt help his draft status. He should be suspended by the school for that.

Would the Phins want Marcus Vick?

Some rumors are circulating that Marcus Vick might declare for the '06 draft. Would you take him?

I wouldn't want him on my college team. Forget the Dolphins.

Back
Top Bottom