MERGED: Miami Could Miss Out on Culpepper, Brees | If we miss out | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Miami Could Miss Out on Culpepper, Brees | If we miss out

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is WAY too early to panic... Moving up in the draft is COSTLY... not impossible but it can hurt and you can lose the opportunity of getting a player(s) that can step in right away... (I am thinking our defensive backfield could use some help and wouldn't Michael Huff look good there) Keep in mind all those guys you mentioned need some seasoning before stepping between the lines... They are 2 years off.

Culpepper and Brees both have some big questions associated with them but rest assured if Sababn wants either guy... HE WILL GET IT DONE! If they slip away, sleep well knowing that it is because Saban did not want them or to overpay. Trust the man, he knows what he is doing.

Saban2005 said:
I hope saban doesn't panic, like alot of these pathetic fans.

I agree. Culpepper did not demonstrate anything without randy last year nothing. He could not lead his team with out Moss, and while Drew has played at a high level the last 2 years, if I am not mistaken he could not take his team to the playoffs with a pretty good cast of characters. I think both qb's are over rated and would cost too much.

txmedic5 said:
well it appears that many agree with you on this, but i dont. I love Saban and i think that Saban will make do with what is left, but make no mistakes Saban wants one of those two guys. Will he overpay for them? hell no, but dont make it sound like Saban turns them down. He wants them and he knows it will have some cost attatched to it. But if Miami is not the team that is going to trade draft picks for Cpepp and if in fact Miami doesnt have the financial freedom to sign Brees before someone like the Saints, that doesnt mean it "fell" into Sabans overall plans. Im sorry but McCown and Ramsey are both backups and thats where they will always be. Saban takes one of these guys over the other two and its just plain stupid, if he takes one of these guys because the other two are gone, then its a backup plan. I cant imagine that Saban is hell bent on one of the latter as part of his plan. He goes that direction and its because he has little options left to him. Saban wont overpay and i will agree with that, but any qb other than Brees or Cpepp is not part of his overall plan A, its plan B.

I think that you said it even better than I did. :drinkers:

at least someone has the same train of thought as i do. i think i just typed a little faster than you did or started a little sooner, the posts were almost identical...LOL.

Finfanforever said:
Then Saban MUST get aggressive about moving up in the draft to nab Cutler, Leinart, or Young. Couple that with making a deal for Ramsey. Then you have Ramsey and Gus fight it out for the #1 spot with the youngster and Lemon fight it out for the leftovers. I know I'll probably get blasted for the "moving up" thing but things don't look good if we don't! What say my fellow FIN FANS??

I completely agree. We need a quality QB and Pat Ramsey wont cut it. I hope Saban agrees.

Culpepper is going to St Louis, it has been confirmed by the "Finheaven" equivalent of the Vikings. And The Vikes are getting Bulger, so that drops out Brooks for them.

Also, NO is $10million under the cap and hasn't cut anyone yet. Brooks alone will put them at $14million. They have plenty of money to outbid us.

They get Brees, they draft D'Brickshaw...and they have a nasty start going there. 2 bookend, young tackles, a franchise QB, and a franchise RB. And biggest of all....NO MORE HASLETT screwing things up.

Im hoping this whole saints thing is just an attempt to get more money out of the dolphins. He cant possibly choose NO over MIA.

PhinsPhan said:
good point, but I would assume this based on what I heard previously about Linehan getting Pepper for cheap and then shipping Bulger.

The link reporting the StLouis trade says its Bulger and a 5th for Culpepper. So scratch Bulger possibly if we lose out on both.

If Brees chooses NO over Miami, then I wouldn't have wanted him anyway, because thats obviously a money move.

what about Matt Schaub?? we need a Franchise QB, not an older qb like Culpepper or Brees. Matt Schaub is very talented and deserves a starting spot, and hes only entering his 3rd year

Saban2005 said:
I hope saban doesn't panic, like alot of these pathetic fans.

I know your not talking about me because:
1. I've been a Fin fan since 1972...(yes, I watched SuperBowl VII and VIII) which probably means I've been a fan longer (and more devoted) than you.
2. I'm not panicing...I'm just stating the facts. No Brees, No Culpepper, No Cutler, No Leinart, No Young ....it's just Gus and a later round project QB. :boohoo:

Finfanforever said:
Then Saban MUST get aggressive about moving up in the draft to nab Cutler, Leinart, or Young.
I have to Strongly disagree. Who's to say that any of those 3 will even end up being the best QB out of this draft class??? There will probably be a non first round QB who will be a very very good good player in the NFL, and I have confidence that Saban will find him. Oh, and BTW......... I think that guys is.........Omar Jacobs!!!!

060693 said:
I agree. Culpepper did not demonstrate anything without randy last year nothing. He could not lead his team with out Moss, and while Drew has played at a high level the last 2 years, if I am not mistaken he could not take his team to the playoffs with a pretty good cast of characters. I think both qb's are over rated and would cost too much.

I don't think Culpepper's problems came from "no Randy" as much as "no Linehan". and spending too much time at the marina!

Well, for all the "don't panic" posters who are Gus haters.... I hope you are ready to swallow your own pill. I know there is a strong contigent of Gus haters on this same board. If we do lose out on both and Ramsey goes elsewhere...

Get ready for the Gus Bus to pull back into the station. I've been really suspicious about the fact that Collins and Gussy were taken back off the market. Has always made me wonder what's really going on behind the scenes that we don't know about.

And no matter who we draft, he won't start this year unless we start losing. So, hold your breath for another year.

And dare I say.... a certain ex-Mueller QB will be on the market too.....

Anyone smelling a discounted Brooks being brought in?

Here's the flipside....

If we don't get our QB.... we could have a lot of money to go out and pick apart the FA market. I'm sure we could address the OLine with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom