MERGED: Miami Could Miss Out on Culpepper, Brees | If we miss out | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Miami Could Miss Out on Culpepper, Brees | If we miss out

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF we lose out on Brees and Culpepper...

Then Saban MUST get aggressive about moving up in the draft to nab Cutler, Leinart, or Young. Couple that with making a deal for Ramsey. Then you have Ramsey and Gus fight it out for the #1 spot with the youngster and Lemon fight it out for the leftovers. I know I'll probably get blasted for the "moving up" thing but things don't look good if we don't! What say my fellow FIN FANS??

Maybe Brees is concerned about his arm getting hurt again and going to take the team that offers him the most money in case something happens to his arm.

I think you hit the nail on the head.

There are some very interesting QB options this year, and lord only knows Saban will scour every possible scenario until he finds the right guy. Whatever decision Saban makes (even handing over the reigns to a day-two pick or a reclimation project like Mccown) is fine with me. Saban won me over a long time ago, so Im going to concede to whatever decision he makes.

If we don't get Brees I am going to be pissed off!! WE NEED A QB. We have been farting around with this for 6 years now! Culpepper, without Moss, IS NOT a good QB. Look at his numbers last year and look at them the games the year before when Moss was injured. Also, I'm not kean on his off the field antics, most recently the "race card" he is pleading in court.

If Drew Brees would rather play in New Orleans because of more money...then fine, he obviously isn't the QB we want. If he would rather go to a screwed up city, crap team, for more money...it clearly shows where his focus is. To get paid, and be the media darling.

Personally I am no QB expert. I don't know who would be better DC or Drew. One thing I do know is that whoever Nick picks it will be the right choice. He will study the two and go after whoever fits his system the best.

Absolutely agreed!!!

Keep in mind that both Brees and Culpepper are coming off serious injuries... There is no guarantee either guy will perform to his past level.

Also remember that neither of their old teams wants them.

Ya know everyone keeps talking about Brees and Culpepper...yeah I wouldn't mind having either one of these guys...but if we don't get either one...I'm not sweating it. Either way you look at it..we will be taking a pretty big risk with both of these guys with their injuries. And IF the Saints are the front runners for Brees..ok whatever...let him go there..we can just trade up for their draft pick or if the Raiders get Culpepper we can trade up for their pick and get either Leinart or Cutler. Saban knows what he is doing..thats why he is in charge. People really need to quit freaking out over this.

well it appears that many agree with you on this, but i dont. I love Saban and i think that Saban will make do with what is left, but make no mistakes Saban wants one of those two guys. Will he overpay for them? hell no, but dont make it sound like Saban turns them down. He wants them and he knows it will have some cost attatched to it. But if Miami is not the team that is going to trade draft picks for Cpepp and if in fact Miami doesnt have the financial freedom to sign Brees before someone like the Saints, that doesnt mean it "fell" into Sabans overall plans. Im sorry but McCown and Ramsey are both backups and thats where they will always be. Saban takes one of these guys over the other two and its just plain stupid, if he takes one of these guys because the other two are gone, then its a backup plan. I cant imagine that Saban is hell bent on one of the latter as part of his plan. He goes that direction and its because he has little options left to him. Saban wont overpay and i will agree with that, but any qb other than Brees or Cpepp is not part of his overall plan A, its plan B.

I hope saban doesn't panic, like alot of these pathetic fans.

Brees is still coming here in my opinion, it would take a lot of money for him to choose NO over MIA, he also wants to be on a contender which NO is not. but if the Jets get Ramsey, the Saints get Brees, and the Raiders get Culpepper than 3 less teams are in the hunt to draft a QB which means Tenn. will have there choice of one of the 3 QBs and than the Cards might take another with the 3rd QB falling to us at #16. remember Arron Rodgers fell way down to the Packers in last year's draft so it could happen. hopefully we get Young or Cutler, Leinart will be a bust IMO

Ok.....we get it. Everybody loves Saban (myself included) and knows that he is smarter than we are.........so let's just shut down this message board, end all conversations regarding the team, since no matter what, Saban will do the perfect thing.

That's just not reality.

In the end, Saban may really want Culpepper (we will never really know, unless he gets him)....and may be 10x more disappointed than any of us if he is unable to secure him.......Same goes for Brees, or even Ramsey for that matter. Do you all assume that whoever Saban says he wants will just come to Miami at whatever discount price Saban sets?? No. And Saban himself may be the most devastated by what just gets away.

Now, of course he will have a back-up plan, and a backup to that, but that doesn't lend to the "trust Saban and don't complain because he is god" mentality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom