MERGED: Miami Could Miss Out on Culpepper, Brees | If we miss out | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Miami Could Miss Out on Culpepper, Brees | If we miss out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brees situation still up in the air, I dont see Nick give him a lot of money with the injury concerne. New Orleans is in a totally difference situation, they have plenty of money under the cap and if Brees shoulder is reallly bad, the move would not cost them alot since the Saints are not making the run to the superbowl.

It has already been reported that Miami will be Brees first FA stop.If Saban wants him he will not leave!

the truth is....no one knows. in 12 hrs Culpepper has surfaced and everyone has thrown Brees away. Typcial Saban not showing his cards. Good work Nick!

34isback said:
the truth is....no one knows. in 12 hrs Culpepper has surfaced and everyone has thrown Brees away. Typcial Saban not showing his cards. Good work Nick!
Good point there.

fishfan34 said:
For some reason, i'm not buying the whole New Orleans thing. I think we'd beat out New Orleans regardless of how much more $$ they threw at him.

I read an article here on finheaven that quoted Brees as saying:
1. He wants to stay in SD and win a SB.
2. but if they don't want him he will go somewhere else and win one.

I think that pretty much rules out New Orleans and Detroit vs. us. We are in a more realistic situation to become a contender in the near future.

Craig Nall -Another QB Thread-

Frustrated with the Culpepper and Brees talks I thought I would look for a FA QB out there we could bring in to compete for the QB job.

I would rather not give up the picks for a QB and dropping a ton-o-cash on an injured QB is a gamble. The more I hear about Josh McCown the less I like him, and I think Ramsey is headed elsewhere. I don't think Saban is gonna drop the house on any player and we could lose out on all of these QBs if things keep heading in the direction they have been in the last 24hrs.

Craig Nall (GreenBay Packers) is a UFA and is gonna test the market. He is good buds with Favre and I fig Favre is gonna play another year so Nall is gonna look for a starting job. Anyways on to the info.

He is 6'3" 227 lbs, pretty good size. He is also an athletic guy and actually played WR for LSU in '99 Saban's first year there. He voluntered to help the team out when injuries depleated the WR position. He seems like a team player. He left LSU after 2000 since he was stuck behind Rohan Davey on the depth chart. Went to a 1-AA school to play QB and was a 5th rd pick in the 2002 draft.

The guys in GreenBay seemed to like him alot and had him ahead of Aaron Rogers. The main points on him are his good arm strength(He threw javelin in college), Very Athletic, and intelligent(good awareness and reads defenses well).

Needless to say Saban knows the guy and I just wonder his opinion on him. He would come at a decent price and no draft pick compensation. I think he could be a very good option to bring in to at least compete for the QB job. Just thought I would throw it out there. I think we bring in 2 QBs this year, I wouldn't mind him being one of them.

fishfan34 said:
For some reason, i'm not buying the whole New Orleans thing. I think we'd beat out New Orleans regardless of how much more $$ they threw at him.

'zactly! Why go to New Orleans to become the second coming of Archie Manning, when you can go to Miami and become the next Bob Griese. Besides, if money is all he is really after then maybe we don't want him anyway.

Mueller is a good evaluator of QB talent; He will find someone.

Plus, I've never been sold on the "high ranking source" or "nameless official". I tend to think it is usually just a scenario the writer has thought up to create turmoil.

Who the heck wants to play in New Orleans. If that's where he ends up then he's all about money because he'll never even smell the postseason playing for that pathetic franchise.

New Orleans would have to offer A LOT more than Miami to lure him away. If the money is even in the same ballpark, I don't see him choosing New Orleans over Miami. Trust me, while wanting what's fair, Brees is not a money hog.

I just don't see the Saints.

Kerry Collins, Tim Couch, Jon Kitna, Gus Ferrote ( again ), Tommy Maddox, Brian Griese ( Again Maybe ), Jay Fiedler, and a huge maybe Brett Favre.

Now I am not saying these guys are all going to be available, But they are all guys we could look at. If we don't sign a QB I think we will draft a QB and if we can't get one of the big three than Brodie Croyle in the 2nd and sign Jon Kitna to start for a year or two.

Nubs, dude, you are ruining what is one of the few great days I've had in weeks.

Lets hope that Saban and Mueller step up tothe plate again and pay for what they know is a crucial position: QB

I dont know, after the ricky snafu, and other numerous times of media reports, that anyone can beleive anything right now. Teams are simply vying for the services of these players and they have bank to play with now.

I dont know why alot of people worked themselves up to this and now this is what we deal with. We are not as healthy as other teams in FA, why does everyone think we can sign all these players?????

If Brees is serious about winning a championship, no way do I see him going to New Orleans....then again money is a powerful motivator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom