MERGED: Miami Could Miss Out on Culpepper, Brees | If we miss out | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Miami Could Miss Out on Culpepper, Brees | If we miss out

Status
Not open for further replies.
i honestly dont think that saban would pass up a chance to get drew brees or daunte culpepper...i really believe culpepper was traded to the dolphins and just a bunch of rumors are flying out now because no one really knows for sure to whom he was traded to....and for drew brees with the saints??? thats riddiculous why would he ever want to play for the saints??? i just dont see that happening and with the saints having the second overall pick in the draft i am expecting them to draft matt lienart...just doesnt make any sense for the saints to sign brees

Saban is making a HUGE mistake by not making a big push at one or the other

we'll see later tonight.

IMO Brees is going to wait and see what happens with DC, and then decide whether or not to sign here.

Some of you are acting like you are surprised of competition to get these guys. Welcome to Free Agency. That New Orleans thing seems really suspicious though, didn't Brees say he wanted a championship contender and didn't the Saints say Leinart is their man? Leinart AND Brees sounds weird to me. Leinart might want to start either right away or at least after next season to be groomed, but Brees isn't the kind of guy you pick up so he can groom someone for one year. As for Culpepper, we'll find out in the next 17 hours now won't we.

If New Orleans did get Brees, I can't see them drafting Lienart. Brees is still pretty young himself and will probably play another 8 years or so.

well,at least if the saints gets Brees, and the jets signs ramsey..are 2 more teams not drafting QB on the 1st round..someone like Cutler could fall to us

MIA has 4 big advantages over NO. Fl has no state income tax. Miami is a nicer area. Dolphins are a more talented team and his offence would be much like the one in SD. NO might still draft a qb with 2 and Brees would have the number 2 pick breathing down his back again.

ZolarZ_GoPhins said:
Frustrated with the Culpepper and Brees talks I thought I would look for a FA QB out there we could bring in to compete for the QB job.

I would rather not give up the picks for a QB and dropping a ton-o-cash on an injured QB is a gamble. The more I hear about Josh McCown the less I like him, and I think Ramsey is headed elsewhere. I don't think Saban is gonna drop the house on any player and we could lose out on all of these QBs if things keep heading in the direction they have been in the last 24hrs.

Craig Nall (GreenBay Packers) is a UFA and is gonna test the market. He is good buds with Favre and I fig Favre is gonna play another year so Nall is gonna look for a starting job. Anyways on to the info.

He is 6'3" 227 lbs, pretty good size. He is also an athletic guy and actually played WR for LSU in '99 Saban's first year there. He voluntered to help the team out when injuries depleated the WR position. He seems like a team player. He left LSU after 2000 since he was stuck behind Rohan Davey on the depth chart. Went to a 1-AA school to play QB and was a 5th rd pick in the 2002 draft.

The guys in GreenBay seemed to like him alot and had him ahead of Aaron Rogers. The main points on him are his good arm strength(He threw javelin in college), Very Athletic, and intelligent(good awareness and reads defenses well).

Needless to say Saban knows the guy and I just wonder his opinion on him. He would come at a decent price and no draft pick compensation. I think he could be a very good option to bring in to at least compete for the QB job. Just thought I would throw it out there. I think we bring in 2 QBs this year, I wouldn't mind him being one of them.

Well, I just don't understand GB taking Rodgers if Nall was good enough ?? Face it, they took a chance on Rodgers hoping that he'd be better than what they had behind Favre....but to do that in the first round indicates serious concern for the ability of the guys already on the roster to me...

PhinsPhan said:
A 5th for Ramsey is a deal to easy to match. A 4th rounder is still a deal for Ramsey, 3rd is pushing it though. I guess it depends on the conditional pick.

I could care less if we got Culpepper, and honestly I just dont see New Orleans stepping out. I dont get it. They could draft Leinhart instead they want to risk it on an injured QB? Plus why would Brees want to go to New Orleans? The chances of them winning a championship in his lifetime would be 0. Miami on the other hand could be a top 5 team to win it next year if he came here.

its his agent putting this bs out there to try to drive up his price. they do it all the time. there is only one place he wants to come (miami). his agent doesn't want us to know though. just part of the game.

t2thejz said:
MIA has 4 big advantages over NO. Fl has no state income tax. Miami is a nicer area. Dolphins are a more talented team and his offence would be much like the one in SD. NO might still draft a qb with 2 and Brees would have the number 2 pick breathing down his back again.

Plus the Saints are in Limbo and may be moving out of New Orleans.

I don't see Brees going to NO. Money aside, why wouldn't he want to come to Miami unless Saban didn't want him?

Guys, trust Saban in this QB situation..

We have to remember that Saban is a very smart man. If we do lose out on Culpepper and Brees, it's because Saban saw something he didn't like and wasn't willing to give up what other teams would. We have to trust him. There are plenty of options and he's not going to take the hasty ones just to get some QB. We have no reason to panic. Too many people on this site have a high stock in Culpepper and other big names! Relax my friends.

In the past Wanny and friends would have jumped all over this and signed the first big name QB he'd heard of. He would also have given the other team valuable draft picks, cash and even a handjob!!! We'll be ok with Saban and Mueller!

Agreed....I trust that Saban knows what he is doing..."Make haste slowly".. No need to freak out at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom