MERGED: Miami Could Miss Out on Culpepper, Brees | If we miss out | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Miami Could Miss Out on Culpepper, Brees | If we miss out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Saban as much as the next guy, but this is a very big test. I am sure he is playing with his poker face on, but even the best guys get burned every so often. Let's hope Brees likes us more than NO and Culpepper is interested in us over the Raiders.

2. THey are basically a homeless team, which maybe in NO or San antonio next year

Incorrect. They may possibly be playing every game at the Superdome next year, they are definitely playing 4-5 of the 8

Who wants to play for a team with no set home? They may not even be in NO in a few years. You think Brees wants to move from CA to NO, then potentally back to CA within 3 years?

3. They have a severe lack of talant compared to us

on the defensive side

The offense is notoriously inconsistant and McAllister is coming off an ACL tear. The only player I would take is Joe Horn and he is getting a little old.

4. Brand new and somewhat questionable coaching staff

how can you use this when you were probably one of us touting Saban last year

Sean Payton sucks, he got the job for being cheap not good. If the NFL would let him, Benson would hire someone of the street for minimum wage.

6. All of their top FA's a rumored to jump ship

who are their top free agents????

Bentley, without him do they have any good lineman? What QB wants to go to a team with a bad OL?

Money is the only reason Brees would pick NO over Miami and Benson isn't willing to spend it.

I hope we "miss out" on both of them.

I just wish someone would start another thread about it though...

you would have to question his motives, if the choice is his and he rejects us...now if we choose not to pursue him, well thats entirely different. but drew brees would have to be crazy to go to one of those scrub teams

Lets see:

Culpepper with superman catching balls for him = Probowl

Culpepper without superman = SCRUB and the sad part is that 60 year old Johnson almost took Vikings to playoffs with the same team.

Schleprock said:
Brees will NOT go to New Orleans. Here's why:

1. Benson, their owner, is notorioulsy cheap

2. THey are basically a homeless team, which maybe in NO or San antonio next year
Incorrect. They may possibly be playing every game at the Superdome next year, they are definitely playing 4-5 of the 8

3. They have a severe lack of talant compared to us
on the defensive side

4. Brand new and somewhat questionable coaching staff
how can you use this when you were probably one of us touting Saban last year

5. They will draft Leinart or Cutler
not if they get Brees, then they draft Ferguson

6. All of their top FA's a rumored to jump ship
who are their top free agents????

7. THE FREE AGENT PERIOD HASN"T STARTED YET!!!!!!! If they offered a contract and other teams could prove it they would be penalized.
INCORRECT. You can agree in principle, but cannot finalize until the period starts.

8. Lastly, the infamous "Un Named SOurce" rears his ugly head again. That alone teaks away 95% of the rumors validity.

Don't worry, we'll get our QB and it will be Drew Brees.

Ok, Ok so you obviously do not want Brees. Why else try to put yourself is such denial about his eminent signing with us?

1. No retort to that one, it's pretty irrefutable.

2. "may" is the same as my "Basically" Were both specualting here. My point is there is uncertanty which isn't a plus.

3. If I had the time I'd do a roster analysis. Basically we are deeper on both sides of the ball and have better leadership. That should be good enough.

4. Sean Payton vs Nick Saban??? Saban at least has been a head coach with winning credentials. No one knows very much about payton or how his new staff will do. Again the uncertanty card isn't a great recruiting tool.

5. True, I'll give you that one. But the 3 available college QB's are going to be very difficult to pass on.

6. Bently for one. They did not try to sign their best o-lineman. Got to scratch your head on that one. A pourous O line should be a primary concern to a free agent QB.

7. I'm not too sure of the wording, but it is considered tampering and yes it is not allowed. He is still a Charger intil 12:00 am Saturday.

Much to your disappointment, I'm afraid Brees will be a dolphin. Your only hope is that Culpepper is traded for or Brees doesn't check out medically.

The sunny Side

If all the free agent QB,s go to teams in the top of the draft could we either trade up very easy or will some of the top QB,S in the draft fall to us........things might work out for us after all.

Cutler maybe?? Gus as the stop gap. C'mon people. Some of you would LOVE that ?!?!?!?

I just found out the Dolphins traded a 3rd for Culpepper and are in contract negotions with him now.

If Saban wants a certain QB then him and Mueller will find a way to get him. Period

Both QBs have serious injury concerns and if neither Pep or Brees come here, then I assume as much that Saban didn't want either of them.

Sherif said:
I just found out the Dolphins traded a 3rd for Culpepper and are in contract negotions with him now.

Uh, Come again?

isolated69 said:
If all the free agent QB,s go to teams in the top of the draft could we either trade up very easy or will some of the top QB,S in the draft fall to us........things might work out for us after all.

Not neccessarily. Detroit and Arizona still will want people and do we really want Vince Young?

This should priority if Brees signs elsewhere which I don't think will happen anyways.

Brooks
Ramsey
Mccown

tartan y fronts said:
thank God someone else said it.... this is a great site but i get awfy bored of the constant Saban-fanboyisms.... they add to nothing but post counts....

Not for nothing but until Saban proves otherwise I am 100% behind him in terms of what he does, when he does it and how he does it.

It has nothing to do with "padding a post count" :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom