MERGED: Miami Could Miss Out on Culpepper, Brees | If we miss out | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Miami Could Miss Out on Culpepper, Brees | If we miss out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that we should trust Saban...like others have said, just cos we don't get a guy it doesn't mean that Saban didn't want him but I trust that he'll get us a guy we can win with....Dante and Brees are coming back from injury....Ramsey's healthy and who knows, maybe he'll have the better year of the 3......make no mistake tho....I'm hoping for Brees but is not the end of the world.

Ozzy rules!!

Please no more thread police, stop with the merge comments.

I generally agree with the injured QB statement. They both will want huge $s, we can probably get Kerry Collins for cheap for a year or 2, he is metter that Ferrotte.

Why Culpepper

Why would you want Culpepper. He was doing horrible last season. The only good season he had was when he was passing to Moss. Not to mention no one really has any idea how bad his knee really is. If he is not willing to return to Minn. to rehab his knee then that should throw up suome flags. I would be much happier and i would think all fans would be if we aggressivley go after Brees. If we can't get him why not Kitna. Kitna is proven and i think a better passer than Ramsey.

I think its interesting Minnesota wants to get rid of culpepper prior to Free Agency starting. That leads me to believe that they want to replace him with the best FA QB option that will be on the market. So I think Minnesota needs to trade him to try to land Brees. And they have the cap space to land brees or outpay many of the other teams.

I dont believe they want Bulger. If True, Saban is doing his due diligence and may land Culpepper for a good price pending above situation. Otherwise, I think Saban has Brees as his first choice and is working the situation to determine how he can still land Brees. If not Brees, then Culpepper. If not Culpepper, then keep Frerrote and work the draft. My plan C would be a trade down and draft Brodie Croyle who looks alot like Brees with a better arm. Saban needs to know what all the other teams are doing to get a QB so that he can better prepare for the draft too.

KevinRI said:
We have to remember that Saban is a very smart man. If we do lose out on Culpepper and Brees, it's because Saban saw something he didn't like and wasn't willing to give up what other teams would. We have to trust him. There are plenty of options and he's not going to take the hasty ones just to get some QB. We have no reason to panic. Too many people on this site have a high stock in Culpepper and other big names! Relax my friends.

In the past Wanny and friends would have jumped all over this and signed the first big name QB he'd heard of. He would also have given the other team valuable draft picks, cash and even a handjob!!! We'll be ok with Saban and Mueller!

I agree, I think Saban DOES want Culpepper or Brees, but just might not have the ammo to get them. If Minny is looking to add a starting QB in a deal and St. Louis gives up Bulger and a draft pick, then what the heck is Saban going to give up as a possible starter??? I really think Culpepper is Saban's #1 choice, but with Drew Brees It could still just be a money issue there are other teams that just have a BOATLOAD of money, or are willing to give ALL of their money(cap space) to get their franchise QB. Could Miami afford to pay Brees whatever the other highest bidder offers.......YES, but it would probably put a limit as to what else the team could do, adding a pro bowl QB isn't going to matter if we can't add some other much needed pieces to the puzzle to help him win. It's also possible that Saban see's something in one of the QB's coming out of the draft who he's banking on getting, or that he Does like Ramsey, Mccown, or Aaron Brooks, or hell even Cleo Lemon. Whatever the case I'll be pretty confident that he made the right choice until proven otherwise.

People are putting a little too much trust in Saban. Guy seems like a good coach, but he hasn't proven anything yet. Ramsey is the young Gus Frerotte. If Saban gives up anything for him it will be a mistake, we might as well re-sign Frerotte at a reduced figure and draft a developmental QB.

minus said:
The guy not an accurate QB and he realied heavily on Moss catching his bombs.I know alot of people are getting worried because rumor has it that Brees might get more money elsewhere but I think people are forgetting about Aaron Brooks.The guy has an arm and is accurate.He played behind a lousy team in recent years.

Inaccurate? He has a career 64.4% completion percentage, which is second-best all time. I guess every QB other than Kurt Warner (the leader) has been inaccurate.

Aaron Brooks's career completion percentage is 56.4. I'm pretty sure 64.4 is better.

Kerry Collins? i just threw up in my mouth a little bit....one week he throws 4 td's we love him...next week its 4 ints and we are ready to tar and feather him. No thanks...no more roller coaster QB's, somebody consistent please.

Damn, if New Orleans wants Drew Brees so bad, I would trade one of our players and the number 16th overall for their #2. Doubt that Bently, being a cheap owner, would like to grab Brees, plus pay a high priced Top 3 talent from the draft.

cns9416

Dude we don't have the ammo to trade up and get Cutler. It's either a free agent or one of the second tier free agents.:dolphins: .

With teams picking up Qb's, the teams that lost them need new ones to replace them. Picking up the Qb we want in the later rounds may be a little more difficult

I personally hope that Brees does not get away. I think the others (Culdropper, Mctrash, Ramseis) are trash. We've had Damon Huard, Jay Fiedler, AJ Feeley, Ray Lucas, here before. I also think that the college talent is still fresh in Saban's mind much like it was when Jimmy was able to pick up Taylor, Zach, Surtain etc... So it wouldn't surprise me at all to see him pick up someone in the draft that we are barely talking about and keep Gus.:dolphins:

losing out on culpepper and brees could help us!!!

Everyone here seems concerned about the possibility that we may lose out on both quarterbacks. It could actually help us draft a quarterback. The rumor is that New Orleans has the best shot of signing Drew Brees. If this is true then one of the top quarterbacks will fall out of the top 5. It now appears that only one of the top quarterbacks will be drafted in the top 5. Tennessee seems like the only team in the Top 5 that could possibly draft a quarterback. The top 6-12 also appear to not have serious needs for quarterbacks. Detroit, who draft at number 9 seem to be commiting themselves to Harrington for at least one more year. Arizona, who drafts at number 10, already have Kurt Warner as their number one quarterback. I am not sure if they will want to invest themselves in a quarterback in the first round. I see them taking someone later in the draft. They have so many other needs to draft other than quarterback.

.... With this all said, it appears that one of the top quarterbacks will fall to us. 3 of the teams that draft before us appear to have filled their quarterback spots. While this is all speculative, it now appears that we have a greater chance of getting a top quarterback in the draft.

Sherif said:
I just found out the Dolphins traded a 3rd for Culpepper and are in contract negotions with him now.

I would be happy! What is the source?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom