MERGED: Miami Could Miss Out on Culpepper, Brees | If we miss out | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Miami Could Miss Out on Culpepper, Brees | If we miss out

Status
Not open for further replies.
isolated69 said:
If all the free agent QB,s go to teams in the top of the draft could we either trade up very easy or will some of the top QB,S in the draft fall to us........things might work out for us after all.

Im glad someone is still trying to make the best of bad situations...remember, a couple of days ago we were worried if we could even get a top tier QB without a new CBA in place... then last night everyone was fighting about the possibility over getting Culpepper...whether you love or hate them, I would love to have either Daunte/Drew in Aqua and Orange next year...BUT if it doesnt happen, just think that we will have more money to throw at other areas of need in FA... I know its not always the best choice, but we can draft a QB and let Gus start for the year, then just surround him with talent from FA and the draft... Tampa won the superbowl with B. Johnson and a strong supporting cast (namely on Defense) and same for the Ravens with Trent Dilfer...so why not us? just tryin to remain optimistic guys... In Saban We Trust!

Remember Saban......

Guys stop the QB speculation! Remember all the press conferences? Saban always says he will not say or give away anything that could be used against us by other teams. He is very closed lips and I'm sure the staff knows that they need to do the same or else.... Saban has a plan in place and for all we know a QB could have a deal already in place. The media for the past year has not been able to break any inside info from dolfins camp. Nick has a plan and we can trust it! Just sit back relax and know that our team is in good hands. Remember what ever Nick wants he gets, just look at the staff he has assembled! If he wants a certain QB, draft excluded he will get him. What player would not want to go to Miami right now? So as for me I'm going to trust Saban and of course check ESPN every 2 minutes until we know the choice.

Dolfan for Life!!!!!!!

r u crazy..ru kidding me !!!!!!!!!! forget cutler or young ...we need an experienced qb..im sick of waiting and losing man..i dont want some qb who won be ready til nov like culpepper.. i dont want some qb that is being compared to delhomme as is mcCown of arz i want rbrees,, if they dont get him forget it...i was looking to this offseason and now i hear we might not get him only to lose him to the sanits r u ****in kidding me....

Nobody in the top 3 is falling to us. We would have to trade up and we don't have much to do that. Also, after the run to close out last season our team is ready to win, and soon. Developing a QB takes time, and our window might close again before a drafted QB comes around. Not to mention Dolphins fans are so picky about QB play they'd probably run him out of town before he gets a chance to develop.

I agree, so far the teams looking into Culpepper, Drew Brees, Mark Bulger, and Patrick Ramsey are the teams that have a better draft pick than us, which will help us trade our 16 upwards to grab our new fresh franchise QB.

Sherif said:
I just found out the Dolphins traded a 3rd for Culpepper and are in contract negotions with him now.
Do tell
Hm20DO20tell-1.jpg

why settle for a garbage qb like mccown or collins or gus. its time we get a real deal, big name QB to run this offense and take us to the SB

If we draft a young guy or if we bring in a FA QB, its still going to be a year or two of learning a new offense.

Brees or Culpepper please.

I'm sorry guys , I made that up. I have a feeling we'll be going after Ramsey though. Don't you all get the feeling we didn't land either one? I'm really sorry, stupid. I usually don't do that crap.

I agree. Also, just because N.O. is going to offer Brees more $$$ doesn't mean he wants to put himself in the middle of that mess! If our offer is close he will be here. The only thing I worry about is that the Chargers will resign him and may have been planning on doing so all along. Like everyone said, you just don't let a pro bowl qb walk.

UREPROPHET said:
I DREAM of the day that we could draft a QB outright and not have to depend on any other source as our salvation

I hear you prophet, but dream no more. It's going to happen this year.
Remember, crazy doesn't live here anymore. Thankfully we have Saban & Mueller evaluating the qb talent and we know they don't settle.

Sherif said:
I'm sorry guys , I made that up. I have a feeling we'll be going after Ramsey though. Don't you all get the feeling we didn't land either one? I'm really sorry, stupid. I usually don't do that crap.

yea....well at least you admitted it. but please dont do that again im on edge as it is with all these rumors going around:D

Fins05:NewHope said:
Kerry Collins? i just threw up in my mouth a little bit....one week he throws 4 td's we love him...next week its 4 ints and we are ready to tar and feather him. No thanks...no more roller coaster QB's, somebody consistent please.

I agree. What has he done since that SB year (Giants) that makes him better than Frerotte?

uga3406 said:
r u crazy..ru kidding me !!!!!!!!!! forget cutler or young ...we need an experienced qb..im sick of waiting and losing man..i dont want some qb who won be ready til nov like culpepper.. i dont want some qb that is being compared to delhomme as is mcCown of arz i want rbrees,, if they dont get him forget it...i was looking to this offseason and now i hear we might not get him only to lose him to the sanits r u ****in kidding me....

im trying to have a positive outlook on what happens if we do lose out on both. I want to have either quarterback. If we dont then it will not be the end. It might just help us get a quarterback in the draft though.

If the Chargers were going to resign him, it would have happened already. There not going to let him go to the start of free agency unsigned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom