MERGED: Miami Could Miss Out on Culpepper, Brees | If we miss out | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Miami Could Miss Out on Culpepper, Brees | If we miss out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sherif said:
I just found out the Dolphins traded a 3rd for Culpepper and are in contract negotions with him now.
Are you for real?? how do you know?? link??
Is not that I dont believe you...I hope you are right. I would be happy with him, or Brees.
Thanks!!

I started this thread when I got home late last night and I see it now has been merged. I stated that I thought the Dolphins were in a catch 22 because they had to make a decision on whether to go after Culpepper BEFORE Free agency starts. Are they confident enough that Brees will sign with us or do they know about someone(Saints,Vikings) who will have a TON of cap money to throw at him? We will find out soon enough. By the way I am very wary of un-named sources and Brees "already" having a deal done even before F/A starts.The up and down roller coaster will begin soon.

I think we all just need to trust our coach and not listen to rumors. I have turned off ESPN and 790 for the next few days because of these rumors. Not good for us to speculate.

Trust in Saban!

:dolphins:

Finfanforever said:
Wow! can you say OVERRATED! Would not even think about Jacobs till round 4. You are however, entitled to that opinion.

YES I would be willing to think about Jacobs before the 4th round, and I can guarantee you quite a few GM's in the NFL will also. I don't care what anyone says about stats not mattering........ 71 TD's to just 11 INT's is INSANE!!! Those are video game type numbers, and if it were Jacobs who was on USC and Lienart was on Bowling Green Jacobs would be a top 5 pick, and Lienart would be considered a risk in the 2nd round. Well I guess you could also throw in the thing about him having that sidearm release, but other NFL QB's have done it and did fine, and Jacobs has been Amazing throwing that way so to me it's a non issue(Oh and didn't Saban comment on how if a QB is throwing well and getting the job done with an unordinary throwing motion then he didn't see anything wrong with it or a reason to change it???)

I'm not saying that Jacobs WILL be the next Tom Brady but if I had to pick a QB who I thought would be a later round pick who had a chance to set the league on fire I would pick Jacobs, Just a feeling, and just my honest opinion, nothing more.

i really wish some of you idiots would put these posts in other threads. the board is almost unreadable with all of these redundant threads.

I go to bed last nite thinking we can get either and now I wake up to us not getting either one? WTF? I'm thinking positive here and maybe it'll work out in the end.....Dante and Brees are both coming back form injury and Ramsey's healthy....now I'm still hoping for Brees but if we can't get him is not the end of the world.....we wanted Ramsey before and in the end, maybe we'll end up with him and maybe he'll help us win.

Ozzy rules!!

Schleprock said:
Brees will NOT go to New Orleans. Here's why:

1. Benson, their owner, is notorioulsy cheap

2. THey are basically a homeless team, which maybe in NO or San antonio next year
Incorrect. They may possibly be playing every game at the Superdome next year, they are definitely playing 4-5 of the 8

3. They have a severe lack of talant compared to us
on the defensive side

4. Brand new and somewhat questionable coaching staff
how can you use this when you were probably one of us touting Saban last year

5. They will draft Leinart or Cutler
not if they get Brees, then they draft Ferguson

6. All of their top FA's a rumored to jump ship
who are their top free agents????

7. THE FREE AGENT PERIOD HASN"T STARTED YET!!!!!!! If they offered a contract and other teams could prove it they would be penalized.
INCORRECT. You can agree in principle, but cannot finalize until the period starts.

8. Lastly, the infamous "Un Named SOurce" rears his ugly head again. That alone teaks away 95% of the rumors validity.

Don't worry, we'll get our QB and it will be Drew Brees.

1. Who needs to bring up the team so he can move or sell them!

2. See # 1

3. New coach, new thoughts, and they have always had talent, just don't use it.

4. See #3

5. I agree

6. I have not heard those rumors, and they are just that.

7. I agree

8. I agree

I agree with the thread starter except the part about Brooks. We will get a QB, it just might not be the one that all of you "armchair GMs" think is of franchise type.

I say draft Cutler and keep Frerotte around for another year. More and more teams are filling up their QB need via FA which could make Cutler fall to us.

Let Brees and culpepper go!

I can hear the excuses roll right now after a couple weeks of the season.

Things like:

"Give it time <brees/culpepper> were injured during most of training camp it will take time to gel.

"Brees's arm strength will get better with time as he gets his arm back in shape"

"Breese/Culpepper were not able to participate in most if not all offseaon workouts it will take some time to learn the offense"

you get the picture...

Why are people begging for this? Why put huge money into an injured QB that will give the team and fans instant excuses to fail next year. Whats worse is people think if we don't get either one of these guys its time to step off the ledge.

Ok so you say what would I do? I would go after Kitna and if I couldn't get him then McCown, and if I couldn't get him I would start gus again. In all these these scenarios I would draft a QB in day 1 like whitehurts/croyle/jacobs. Gus is really the security blanket, Gus is there if a FA QB doesn't work out. Personally I would not throw a ton of money at these injured QB's.

Merge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Aaron Brooks? Never watched a saints game did you.

I'll agree that the world will not end if we don't get Culpepper. But I'll repeat myself......Aaron is a human blooper reel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom