Merged: Michael Huff | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Michael Huff

SammySmif said:
This guy really showed my something in the NT game. He was physical, and excellent in man coverage. We will most likely not have a shot at Cutler and that's ok. I think we can get a nice QB in later rounds. We really need a young stud DB to get back to the glory days. I think Huff may be that guy..thoughts?

Huff is a playmaker that can play both CB and FS, but you have to look at the teams drafting before us, Oakland is looking to fix their defense in many spots, Rams really need a secondary, and I see the Browns using their early 1st round pick on defense also because Romeo is building their defense to keep them in games and make big plays when the offense is on a drought. So he may not be there when we draft.

Also, I do think we are to keep draft prospects and all that in the draft forum to keep the the main forum from all the clutter and stuff(not saying your post is not good views, just saying it's draft talk).

What about the Longhorns other CB? He looked good too. I think he is a senior and maybe we could pick him up in the later rounds

Huff would immediately become the best tackler in the secondary and the second-best tackler on the team behind another Texan, Zach Thomas. Huff would be the best strong safety we've had since Louis Oliver. Thumbs up for Michael Huff at #16.

Im all for Huff. He is a good tackler and big hitter but the best thing about him is that he's smart. That why I think they call him the professor.

If Miami doesn't trade up, it will be between Huff and Greenway at pick 16.

I too like Huff but if Cutler is still available in the 16th slot my choice would be to fix the qb problem that we've had since Marino left. but unfortunately i feel both would be long gone when our turn is up. Im crossing my finger for either one.

SammySmif said:
This guy really showed my something in the NT game. He was physical, and excellent in man coverage. We will most likely not have a shot at Cutler and that's ok. I think we can get a nice QB in later rounds. We really need a young stud DB to get back to the glory days. I think Huff may be that guy..thoughts?

Depends on FA and if/who we get as QB to replace Gus...but I'd love to have Huff and I'm sure that Saban has a soft spot for any DB....

I would love to get Huff 16th and if he he is still there then that would be great. However aswell as the Rams Raiders and Browns going D in the first around i think the Lions will go D and also the Falcons could go D exspecially secondary cuz theres not many WR's so if Huff is there that would be great and IMO he is the Dolphins best need in the draft inless there was possiblibilty to get Vince Young but thats it

Definitely my pick if Cutler is gone.

Huff's fine. I'd want to take a look at Jonathan Scott instead for our OL or any 1st round QB for that matter.

K-Ram said:
If we don't trade for a Qb I see the first four rounds in the draft like this

1.Michael Huff
2.Manny Lawson
3.Greg Blue
4.Charlie Whitehurst
i think i could live with that,but i would like to squeeze in the the left tackle from U.M

remember guys that many teams will try to get some of the FA QB's that will be available cause many drafted a QB last year in the draft. Jay cutler just might be there when we pick,also don't forget a team is NOT going to pay 1st roud $$$$$ to someone they THINK or take a chance on him. WE could offer sam madison as a move up in the draft compensation cause i don't think we will keep him.

Tebucky will be cut IMO so we'll have some added need for depth in the backfield. Huff would upgrade us BIG TIME but I have him going top 10 on my board. He's much faster than everyone thinks and will move up due to the combine.

we dont need a linebacker in the first huff is a good fit

Back
Top Bottom