[MERGED] News Parcells Wants Taylor Back! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] News Parcells Wants Taylor Back!

did anyone think that maybe this was a plan to get Pace to sign, we get rid of taylor and now he is garunteed the heart of our defense, and now that it is looking like pace wont sign, they come out and say that none of this is true???????

Okay, somebody is right and somebody is wrong. Either way Jason Cole and Mortenson got some explaining to do!

Mort has the quotes from the coach himself. I tend to believe reports that name sources over the old unnnamed sources.

i think jt is gone, this means nothing, this is so that other teams cant make us perdictable, mabey the talks of jt leaving is ensuring the falcons that we wont take ryan with number 1 (which we shuldnt and wont) so they have lost interest in moving up, i just dont c them making a stupid (lack of) move liek not trading him

FINALLY!!!!!! we can put these JT trade talks to rest.....

it has came from the Tuna himself.....

I'm glad I don;t have to see the trade JT threads anymore!!!!:up::up::up:

Parcells also said he was taking the Atlanta gig before he came here.. so I'll take a wait and see approach.

Hmmm wonder if us losing Pace to the Jets (soon) has anything to do with this?

Did the change of plans lead to a public display of Taylor support?

Of course it did...somebody leaked out that info before they had Pace signed...once Pace is signed...Taylor will be dealt to another team or retire.

Parcells also said he didn't want problem children and yet we have Ricky, Kircus, Starks, Porter, etc.

Yeah, but I'm telling you there is a reason why JT was one of the first dolphins called in by Jeff Ireland. You didn't Zach getting called in.

I don't understand why some finfans would even consider trading JT. Everyone looks at his age and automatically assumes he is too old. He may be 34 but he plays like he is 24. Not to mention he is relativatley healthy. Look at Michael Strahan he is 3 years older than JT and is still playing at a high level and you don;t see the Ginats trying to trade him.

You can build around the years JT has left. He should be considered a building block for our team.

This is CLASSIC Bill Parcells!

There's a lot of poker being played in Davie right now.

Sit back and watch a Front Office GENIUS at work.

Rest assured, the future of the Miami Dolphins is in good hands.

Bill Parcells doesn't get screwed.

hes definitely not going to retire.

Never say never Nappy....he wants to be an actor....and it appears he wants to become one now sooner than later.

The only team that he may fit and thats if Strahan(?) retires are the Giants...they will have a need for another DE...and they have the 31 st pick. No team on the west coast are true contenders...I was hoping the Raiders...but would Taylor go to another losing franchise? I doubt it.

Yeah, but I'm telling you there is a reason why JT was one of the first dolphins called in by Jeff Ireland. You didn't Zach getting called in.

I don't understand why some finfans would even consider trading JT. Everyone looks at his age and automatically assumes he is too old. He may be 34 but he plays like he is 24. Not to mention he is relativatley healthy. Look at Michael Strahan he is 3 years older than JT and is still playing at a high level and you don;t see the Ginats trying to trade him.

You can build around the years JT has left. He should be considered a building block for our team.

He is the building block of our team, but not as a player. As an asset that gives us tremendous leverage and trading power.

At this very moment, JT's status allows us to leverage a deal with Calvin Pace and seek out the best draft pick haul.

What we are seeing is Bill Parcells using JT on 2 fronts. He's protecting JT's status in the media, how does that work?

1) It tells Pace, if you want to play contract games, we'll keep JT and drop out of the running for you. Thus destroying his contract leverage with the Jets.

2) It tells the Packers, Vikings and any other secret trading partners... if you want JT, you're gonna have to up the offer. Because, we might just keep him. And for either of those teams, wanting to jump into the Super Bowl hunt by adding a dominant vet like JT, it now becomes put up or shut up time.

Parcells wasn't just having fun with the media, he was using the media to do his dirty work.

i think jt is gone, this means nothing, this is so that other teams cant make us perdictable, mabey the talks of jt leaving is ensuring the falcons that we wont take ryan with number 1 (which we shuldnt and wont) so they have lost interest in moving up, i just dont c them making a stupid (lack of) move liek not trading him

.....????????? so if we want to trade him, but no one knows we want to trade him; how does anyone know we want to trade him? These same people who according to you, we want to keep it a secret from are the same ones we will need to trade with. The league is the NFL and he would be traded to another NFL team. Again....????

I mentioned this in another thread, I distinctly remember them saying in a presser that they reached out to Zach, and I'm sure it was done out of respect. The guy that I was talking to (apologize for forgetting who) was saying that the fact that Zach took down his parking sign was a clear indication that he was told that he was a goner. But all players do that at the end of the season and that was also before Ireland and Sparano were hired.

And then once we get going and start becoming a good team, we need to replace him. No thanks. He has value, lets get something for him and move on.

As far as pointing out the age of other players, one could argue that Nolan Ryan played well into his 40's so it makes sense to sign a 36 year old pitcher to a huge contract despite his age and declining skills.

Fact is, JT has made noise the last couple of years about retiring and he also mentioned at one point that he wanted to leave football so he could get into acting. Nobody knows how many years he has left and it isnt fair to his team that he keeps dropping hints every year that he might call it quits. Parcells wants players that are focused on the game and make football a priority, hinting at retirement and missing mandatory camp in order to appear on Dancing With the Stars is not a commitment to football IMO.

Personally, I think Chris Mortenson is a tool. He doesn't get a lot of things right. Jason Cole covered the Phins for 10 years or so if I am correct and probably has some "solid" sources. I'm not saying who is right, but I cannot believe that they are not entertaining trading Taylor. Now, there is no way in freaking hell they would release him. That would be idiotic. So, until Parcells finds a good trade, as far as he is concerned, Taylor will be playing for the Dolphins, unless of course he retires. Parcells is not stupid and will not allow any reporter to know his plans. There is certainly smoke here and Bill is just trying to control the fire before it spreads.

First off Mortenson is pure garbage and a shining example of how low ESPN has sunk.

The above may be all true and just window dressing before a trade. But IMHO Taylor has more than earned the right to retire as a Fin. He is still playing at a high enough level to belong here. Crossing my fingers that he is in Aqua and Orange this year and until he retires. Tuna and Ireland can build via draft without trading for JT. Trading JT is not a pre-requisite for the rebuilidng plan.

As far as retiring on his own it surely has crossed his mind and at this stage of his career that is natural. But, if he can visualize a quick turnaround and is enthused with Ireland's / Tuna's direction he can dedicate himself to potentiall going out riding a high wave instead of rock-bottom. Let him reach down deep to see how much he has left.

This has everything to do with Parcells trying to keep his trade value up!

Don't buy it.

The story of Jason and the Phins parting ways hurt our chances of getting the best value because teams now feel that we're desperate to move him. I think this is just a way to squash that story and strengthen our footing in trade talks.

Anybody find it curious that Mort seems to be the one releasing all of the recent smokescreens from Dolphin camp?

1. The FO doesn't like Beck

2. Tuna only feels that he has 4 players to build around and Ronnie isn't one of them, but our punter is?

3. Taylor is staying

I think Bill should find a new outlet before people get suspicious. ;)

Excellent post. I totally agree.

Back
Top Bottom