[MERGED] News Parcells Wants Taylor Back! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] News Parcells Wants Taylor Back!

.....????????? so if we want to trade him, but no one knows we want to trade him; how does anyone know we want to trade him? These same people who according to you, we want to keep it a secret from are the same ones we will need to trade with. The league is the NFL and he would be traded to another NFL team. Again....????

Of course people know we are thinking about trading him, but it's a matter of leverage in that negotiation.

One the one hand our leverage is bad if the story is "please make an offer for Taylor because there's no chance he stays in Miami".

On the other hand our leverage is good if the story is "up your offer for Talyor or we'll just keep this Pro Bowl caliber player in our 3-4 and continue to generate a speed rush off the edge in Miami"

This isn't rocket science. Why did Parcells immediately call Mortenson after the Jason Cole story broke? He's doing to damage control to maintain as much leverage as possible. This is a no-brainer.

Honestly I'm annoyed at Cole for running a story based upon speculation and hurting our bargaining power. I do understand it's his job to generate scoops.

bye,bye JT...if we don't trade him while we can then we are just dumb...why keep him,get him frustrated and he ends up retiring next year.....

By the way, I am not trying to be an arse but I have a question for people who post things that are already posted. Do you guys not see the threads? We have had numerous and I mean numerious threads about JT and Pace. Yet, people keep posting the same thing. There are two threads on those two players basically stickied at the top of the page. Again not trying to be an arse, just asking a reasonable question.

i think bill had to say jt was staying because of the chance that Pace might not sign with the phins.....

yes alen i agree.. i try to post new things but i couldnt see the news about JT . well at least I provide the link to the espn news .

again, where there is smoke, there is fire.

If you dont think the Dolphins are shopping Taylor, and it's likely he'll be traded, you're foolish. Mort usually gets his facts straight, but i would not be surprised if the Dolphins are trying to cloak the rumors and end up trading him anyway.

Agreed. This situation is far from over IMHO. Just as swankdaddy7 stated in an above post, this is simply damage control.

I hope it's true because I think he still has a couple of good years left in him.

Back
Top Bottom