Merged:NFL.com says Miami prime to be upset this weekend... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:NFL.com says Miami prime to be upset this weekend...

If we lose, it won't be because we looked past the Niners or lack respect or unprepared. I think the one thing we all need to be excited about that we haven't been for a very long time is the way this coaching staff forces these guy's to focus on the now. We are being coached well and if we lose on Sunday it will be because it simnply wasn't our day, not because the Niners are better or more talented or because we didn't respect them enough.

I honestly feel confident that we will win this weekend. I think it will be another close game, perhaps we wont cover the line of 6.5 set by Vegas. It's already established that this 49ers team is vastly different from the one last year or the one earlier in this season, and playing a lot better football. However if they don't have Frank Gore, or he's not healthy, and because they are traveling to the east coast to play a 1 o'clock game which western teams have struggled in doing, It's hard for me to believe we'll lose.

Now Kansas City is the game that worries me.....

KC worries me more than SF but they have been playing really good lately, and hill is starting to pass the ball better. i still worry about our pass D. if gore is out that will be a huge plus.

I think there are some very good reasons that west coast teams are 1-15 on the east coast this year. just because the 49ers barely hung on against a pathetic Bills team doesn't mean they suddenly won't be affected by it. wasn't that the game where Lindell hit 2 posts? 10 points won't be enough against the Dolphins.

NFL.com-Dolphins are ripe for the upset

You know, I'm getting tired of every time this team does something good someone else in the sports media is there to write something negative. Indy has not had a stellar year, but you never hear anyone say that they are being set up for a fall. What did the Dolphins ever do to deserve the consternation they get from the media? Is it because we were/are the most successful franchise in sport's modern era? Do they resent the fact that we are the only undefeated team in NFL history? Is it something against Don Shula? I could go on, but you get the point.

Game: San Francisco at Miami (1 p.m. ET)

Venue: Dolphins Stadium

Last time at site: These teams have not met in Miami in over 13 years. The last time the 49ers made the trek to South Florida, they left a 44-20 winner on Nov. 20, 1995.

Reason for road optimism: The 49ers are playing much better under coach Mike Singletary. They have won three of four and came very close to winning at Arizona in Week 10. They became the first West Coast team to get a win on the East Coast when they beat the Bills, 10-3, two weeks ago, so the cross-country trip to Miami should not phase them. The recent hot streak combined with an improving passing offense under Shaun Hill could propel San Francisco to the upset road win.

On the surface, Miami would appear an unlikely candidate to lose at home this weekend. It has lost only once to a losing team and that came on a last-second touchdown by host Houston in Week 6. That said, there are signs that point to the Dolphins being vulnerable this weekend. In their last home game they got shellacked by the Patriots, 48-28, and they have struggled against the NFC West this year, barely beating St. Louis and Seattle, while getting routed by Arizona. Another outing like those and the Dolphins would be in danger of falling victim to the resurgement 49ers.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80d37546&template=with-video&confirm=true

This 49ers game is no doubt the second biggest game of our last 4 games this season, but I don't foresee any warrant for us to lose the game.....There's nothing in that article that makes me think we may lose the game....all they;re basically saying is Miami is "due" for a loss.

the article is more of a positive for San Francisco than a negative against Miami. plus everyone always looks for any possible upset in any game, so it's something to talk about beforehand. it'd be boring if they just said "Miami will steamroll the Niners, don't even bother watching"

There are certain teams in the NFL that can do no wrong.....

There are certain teams in the NFL that analysts and broadcasters refuse to accept.....

Only one thing is funnier than watching the "experts" eat crow, and that is when they refuse to eat crow repeatedly.

Let them continue with their man-luv for the New Englands and Dallas' of the world.

I'll be happy seeing our Fins prove them wrong week in and week out.

And I'm sorry but,
In their last home game they got shellacked by the Patriots, 48-28
is BS.

That was a close game for 3 quarters. We blew it, but that score is not a reflection of the game. Instead of "shellacked" the author should have said "self destructed in the 4th quarter."

But let them believe what they want.

This 49ers game is no doubt the second biggest game of our last 4 games this season, but I don't foresee any warrant for us to lose the game.....There's nothing in that article that makes me think we may lose the game....all they;re basically saying is Miami is "due" for a loss.

What is the 4th game left on our schedule?

I think all 3 games left are big not just one!!!

im actually happy nfl.com did that... now we have something to light a fire under their butts in case they were lookin ahead to much

yeah the niners are a sexy pick cuz they've won two in a row......
more than anything else i think that means they're due for a loss.... traveling all the way east, playing 1:00 vs. a team that's won 6 of the last 7....

I was more worried about the raiders.

And KC ???
I was more worried about the Rams.

Back
Top Bottom