Merged:NFL.com says Miami prime to be upset this weekend... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:NFL.com says Miami prime to be upset this weekend...

We could lose any of the last three games if we don't show up and play every week. As longs as our players coaches stay focused we should be ok.

"Another outing like those and the Dolphins would be in danger of falling victim to the resurgement 49ers."

Don't take a lot of stock in this opinion.

What the heck is resurgement? Is that like when you have surgery for a second time?

Last time at site: These teams have not met in Miami in over 13 years. The last time the 49ers made the trek to South Florida, they left a 44-20 winner on Nov. 20, 1995.

See here is the thing- they want to go back 14 years to predict this game? :lol:

And yet they have two other games to use
12/16/01 -- at San Francisco 21, Miami 0
11/26/04 -- Miami 24, at San Francisco 17

Yes those games are when we played in SF but why in the world would you base a prediction on a game that was played while Marino and Young were still playing?

No they used that game to support a prediction that has nothing to do with the teams that are playing today.

Whoever wrote that really is basing their prediction on the DOLPHINS past penchant for not being able to win the games they are supposed to win. I doubt this guy knows anything at all about this team. A team that is winning me over week by week
:woot:

They barely beat the Jills 10-6. Lossman was just that LOST when he got put in. There's NFW Gore is at 100% same for Clemens.

This is Miami's game to lose and the players aren't looking past it.
Barely beat the Bills? Let's see, we went to their house, out in the freezing cold (you guys played in a dome) and man handled them on their own turf only allowing 3 points. Yeah, we barely managed to beat them, lol.

Unless it's snowing and bellow 10 degrees in Miami, you will be getting a heck of a lot more than 10 points from the Niners.

If we lose, it won't be because we looked past the Niners or lack respect or unprepared. I think the one thing we all need to be excited about that we haven't been for a very long time is the way this coaching staff forces these guy's to focus on the now. We are being coached well and if we lose on Sunday it will be because it simnply wasn't our day, not because the Niners are better or more talented or because we didn't respect them enough.
Rofl, the most ignorant statement I've read thus far on these boards. :sidelol:

Rofl, the most ignorant statement I've read thus far on these boards. :sidelol:

please talk trash when your team is above 500 and doesn't have a JV quarterback running your offense. i respect that mike has your team playing hard, and you do have some talented players, but don't come here spouting off like your team is playing for a first round bye and you should be favored to win in our house.

argh...dont bash the 49ers. they are getting better every week.

they beat the Jets. they even beat the Bills, lol.

Frank Gore is good, and PATRICK WILLIS....is good.

Gore isn't playing this weekend.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL&line=134471

According to beat writer Matt Maiocco, "it still doesn't look good." While Gore is off crutches and might do some practicing on Friday, he's still walking gingerly and admits that "If I can't cut, I won't be able to go."

Again, how can it be an upset if we were 1-15 last year. Yea were favored, but......

I think the niners are due for a letdown. They are the ones playing over their heads and playing on an emotional high after having upset the Bills and Jets.
Now they have to travel across the country to play a motivated Fins team.
Sparano knows the niners are a dangerous team and I think that will reflect in their preparation this week.

please talk trash when your team is above 500 and doesn't have a JV quarterback running your offense. i respect that mike has your team playing hard, and you do have some talented players, but don't come here spouting off like your team is playing for a first round bye and you should be favored to win in our house.
I'm not thinking that at all, but to say that we will only win out of luck? :sidelol:

I guess Vernon Davis, Delanie Walker, Isaac Bruce, Jason Hill, Josh Morgan, Ziegler, Nate Clements, Shaun Hill (guess what, our "JV qb" beat the Jets and gave Kurt Warner a run for his money, he also has a better TD to INT ratio that your great Pennington does, 10 TDs in only 5 starts is much better than the 12 that Pennington has gotten out of the entire season. Pennington couldn't even throw a TD against the measely Rams of all teams.:sidelol: What makes you think he'll do it against us? What, beat us deep with that "monster arm" of his? Nah, not when we have some of the best tackling corners and cover LBs in the league.), Patrick Willis, Manny Lawson, Takeo Spikes, Justin Smith, Haralyson and company won't have any say in the matter?

We're a much better team than our record dictates, to say we just plain blow and would need a miracle to win is ignorant.

Tale of the tape is, our teams are built almost the same offensively. It'll come down to which defense can stop the opposing offense on 3rd downs. It'll probably be a nail biter. Good luck on Sunday.

(FYI, we happen to be the only team to have won on the East Coast. And guess what, we did it in the sleet of Buffalo. What makes you think we'll play worse in the much warm Miami climate?)

I'm not thinking that at all, but to say that we will only win out of luck? :sidelol:

I guess Vernon Davis, Delanie Walker, Isaac Bruce, Jason Hill, Josh Morgan, Ziegler, Nate Clements, Shaun Hill (guess what, our "JV qb" beat the Jets and gave Kurt Warner a run for his money, he also has a better TD to INT ratio that your great Pennington does, 10 TDs in only 5 starts is much better than the 12 that Pennington has gotten out of the entire season. Pennington couldn't even throw a TD against the measely Rams of all teams.:sidelol: What makes you think he'll do it against us? What, beat us deep with that "monster arm" of his? Nah, not when we have some of the best tackling corners and cover LBs in the league.), Patrick Willis, Manny Lawson, Takeo Spikes, Justin Smith, Haralyson and company won't have any say in the matter?

We're a much better team than our record dictates, to say we just plain blow and would need a miracle to win is ignorant.

Tale of the tape is, our teams are built almost the same offensively. It'll come down to which defense can stop the opposing offense on 3rd downs. It'll probably be a nail biter. Good luck on Sunday.

(FYI, we happen to be the only team to have won on the East Coast. And guess what, we did it in the sleet of Buffalo. What makes you think we'll play worse in the much warm Miami climate?)
You are exactly who your record says you are.

Some class you have. There have been JETS fans coming on here with more class than you. I'm guessing you'll dissappear from here when the Phins whoop your *** Sunday.

You are exactly who your record says you are.
That's why we won two games back to back, traveling cross country, against "much better teams", right? And that's why the Giants went undefeated in the post season last year right? Cause their record said that they were worst than every team that they played against in the post season.

"You are exactly who your record says you are." Has been overused and proven false time and time again. I hope you guys are overlooking us, cause you're about to get a wake up call. (crosses fingers:D)

Back
Top Bottom