[MERGED] OC Finally: Dan Henning appointed Offensive Coordinator | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] OC Finally: Dan Henning appointed Offensive Coordinator

Guys, stop with the negativity. If this poster is the one who has predicted other coach hires days before they occur, this is legit. I believe he had us hiring the Chiefs RB coach before anyone else. This is very likely accurate.

excuse the ignorance guys, but who the hell is this guy.

I thought we going after some giants coach.

He was an assistant coach on the Dolphins back in the 1980's, so he knows the ropes around here.

I wonder if the Dolphins aren't looking into the possibility of having a passing game coordinator and a running game coordinator, like they did in Dallas. If so, that could be a reason for the delay. They could be looking at Chris Palmer and Dan Henning, or maybe Jerald Ingram and Dan Henning.

I wonder if the Dolphins aren't looking into the possibility of having a passing game coordinator and a running game coordinator, like they did in Dallas. If so, that could be a reason for the delay. They could be looking at Chris Palmer and Dan Henning, or maybe Jerald Ingram and Dan Henning.

Who calls the plays in that scenario?

Who calls the plays in that scenario?

Probably Henning, because of his experience, but eventually I would think Jerald Ingram would...since Henning is 66 years old and probably one foot in retirement.

George DeLeone, the guy Miami hired as their TEs coach, has a background littered with experience as a running game coordinator.

Meanwhile it was widely rumored that Henning would be tutoring Karl Dorrell, who would eventually take over for him.

In this scenario Miami would have Henning as passing game coordinator, with play calling...and Karl Dorrell would be tutoring under him for that role. Jerald Ingram would be the running game coordinator, and would probably get play calling from Henning within a year or two. George DeLeone would be in line to take over as running game coordinator if Ingram ever left the team to become a full offensive coordinator, or if Miami decided to switch to a setup where Ingram is the full offensive coordinator and has passing and running coordinators underneath him (Dorrell and DeLeone).

That's what I would lean toward. If you have a division of responsibilities like that, your coaching staff might be more resilient when it comes to losing coaches to promotions.

Probably Henning, because of his experience, but eventually I would think Jerald Ingram would...since Henning is 66 years old and probably one foot in retirement.

George DeLeone, the guy Miami hired as their TEs coach, has a background littered with experience as a running game coordinator.

Meanwhile it was widely rumored that Henning would be tutoring Karl Dorrell, who would eventually take over for him.

In this scenario Miami would have Henning as passing game coordinator, with play calling...and Karl Dorrell would be tutoring under him for that role. Jerald Ingram would be the running game coordinator, and would probably get play calling from Henning within a year or two. George DeLeone would be in line to take over as running game coordinator if Ingram ever left the team to become a full offensive coordinator, or if Miami decided to switch to a setup where Ingram is the full offensive coordinator and has passing and running coordinators underneath him (Dorrell and DeLeone).

That's what I would lean toward. If you have a division of responsibilities like that, your coaching staff might be more resilient when it comes to losing coaches to promotions.

Interesting division of labor. I have been wondering about that lately. I suppose it must have always been this way and I don't remember it, but it seems the flux of coaching changes in the NFL is crazy. I don't know how teams build any continuity. Of course we have been the poster children for lack of continuity....

:lol: CK I have been saying this for WEEKS, and nobody responds. You say it, and everyone is up in arms at how brilliant it is.

:) Not to worry. Im just playing. You have the spotlight. I get it ;) .

Anyway, I think it makes a lot of sense and is a big reason for the delay. IMO it would have been Carmichael as passing game coordinator, and Henning as running game coordinator, which is why Carmichael turned it down. Who is this Ingram? Havent heard him mentioned at all.

:lol: CK I have been saying this for WEEKS, and nobody responds. You say it, and everyone is up in arms at how brilliant it is.

:) Not to worry. Im just playing. You have the spotlight. I get it ;) .

Anyway, I think it makes a lot of sense and is a big reason for the delay. IMO it would have been Carmichael as passing game coordinator, and Henning as running game coordinator, which is why Carmichael turned it down. Who is this Ingram? Havent heard him mentioned at all.

Ah well if you said it first then I rescind my earlier comment. That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. :wink:

After turning down the offer several times, Dan Henning will be named new OC by 9th or 10th of Feb. After Carmichael JR turned them down, they went back to Dan -probably with another offer for more $. Put that in the bank-he is signed and delivered.

I dont trust anyone with a John Wilkes Booth reference in their signature :unsure:

I like henning lets get im and run the fricken pill

Offensive Coordinator

Is there any new rumors about an OC ?.The last I heard was that it wouldn't be Palmer. There doesn't seem to be any action going on.

Back
Top Bottom