[MERGED] OC Finally: Dan Henning appointed Offensive Coordinator | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] OC Finally: Dan Henning appointed Offensive Coordinator

New rumor is that its going to be Henning. Dont ask for link, I dont have one.

Is there any new rumors about an OC ?.The last I heard was that it wouldn't be Palmer. There doesn't seem to be any action going on.
not sure who might be on the way whoever it is he better be good. hahaha.

WoW somebody said this yesterday and no one believe him. I like this hire and he has a connection with the oline coach

Should I be excited about this hire?.... I dont' know much about him.... average mediocre HC at Boston College several years back? I hope as a staff...Dorell, Saxon, and Henning....along with Sparano..... things will be good!

Yes, this completes the coaching staff, and, I don't have a big problem with this hire, it's not Chris Foerster or Kippy Brown, so, could be worse. This guy has been the OC of two NFC championship participants and a super bowl participant.

Probably Henning, because of his experience, but eventually I would think Jerald Ingram would...since Henning is 66 years old and probably one foot in retirement.

George DeLeone, the guy Miami hired as their TEs coach, has a background littered with experience as a running game coordinator.

Meanwhile it was widely rumored that Henning would be tutoring Karl Dorrell, who would eventually take over for him.

In this scenario Miami would have Henning as passing game coordinator, with play calling...and Karl Dorrell would be tutoring under him for that role. Jerald Ingram would be the running game coordinator, and would probably get play calling from Henning within a year or two. George DeLeone would be in line to take over as running game coordinator if Ingram ever left the team to become a full offensive coordinator, or if Miami decided to switch to a setup where Ingram is the full offensive coordinator and has passing and running coordinators underneath him (Dorrell and DeLeone).

That's what I would lean toward. If you have a division of responsibilities like that, your coaching staff might be more resilient when it comes to losing coaches to promotions.

If he can make a decent O-coord of Dorrell, he'll be a miracle worker. And he'll certainly need a miracle. Just mentioning Karl Dorrell, Offensive Coordinator, still gets me shivering. I always thought Wanny and Co. were too conservative before I saw Dorrell. Every time it was run, run, pass, punt or pass, pass, (interception or fumble), punt when we fall behind. We pass against top run D's and when we face a poor run D, we pass. And lots of questionable calls the past couple of years has me questioning whether he can be more than a position coach. And the overall implementation of the West Coast offense at UCLA was iffy as well. We've never cracked the top 3 in the conference. That's why I can't wait to see what Norm Chow can do with the pro-style offense. If Dorrell, as he stands now, becomes O-coord for us, we better hope a guy who likes to change plays under center ala Peyton Manning and gets everyone on the same page himself is our QB. Lackluster is the perfect word to describe Dorrell when he's not a position coach.

Dan Henning new OC...

No link yet,but saw it on ESPN Bottom line.

Back
Top Bottom