[MERGED] OC Finally: Dan Henning appointed Offensive Coordinator | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] OC Finally: Dan Henning appointed Offensive Coordinator

I think playcalling is a product of talent to some extent

I guess that's why a franchise LT is such a great thing, he doesn't need help and he allows you the time to run deeper pass plays

I don't know how good or bad of a hire this is but i do know that...

1. Dan Henning was the O.C. for the Panthers in their Super Bowl year and the Jets coordinator in the late 90s. From i what i have seen he's gotten offenses to play good even without an amazing QB I.E. Vinny Testaverde and Jake Delhomme. Strong running game from both teams with guys like Curtis Martin and Steven Davis and for us hopefully Ronnie Brown and Marion Barber III.

HAHAHAHAHA. I was at work and listened to everyone bash this guy because he had no link, I come home and the info is true.

I believe everyone owes him an apology.

First down - run to the right
Second down - run to the right
Third (and long) draw up the middle. . .

2nd down is a running down for Parcells

what is done on first and third will be a product of the talent

if we have talented receivers and a good o-line and Henning pulls the establish the run crap then we will tire of him too

I'm telling you - Dan Henning could not leave fast enough for Panther fans. Most believe Fox only has his job today because he canned Henning. . . .

First down - run to the right
Second down - run to the right
Third (and long) draw up the middle. . .

Get use to it . . . you'll see a LOT of the above . . .

Sounds a lot like Wanny or Kippy Brown

I think playcalling is a product of talent to some extent

I guess that's why a franchise LT is such a great thing, he doesn't need help and he allows you the time to run deeper pass plays

That's a good point - and you're right - play calling IS a product of talent, but Dan Henning was just so dog determined to pound the ball on the ground up the middle . . . and DeShaun Foster and DeAngelo Williams aren't exactly what you would call "power backs".

The biggest gripe I heard about him is his inability to adjust. If the other team totally shut down our offense in the first half - nothing was done to adjust at half-time. The second half featured more of the same - up the middle, up the middle, up the middle. . . . we got so sick of that we could puke.

If fact, when Jeff Davidson was hired as OC last year, Davidson joked that the first play he called would NOT be a draw up the middle. . . .

I'm telling you - I'm just sick about the hire. My hope is that a change in scenery and personnel will change his play calling DRAMATICALLY! Maybe Parcells will have a say in that . . .

http://www.miamiherald.com/breaking_sports/story/406170.html

IM ok with the hire, Jacksonville runs a NICE offense... Problem we are going to have for a few years is getting a nice offense..

I could be wrong, but I still think our offense is going to be the Dallas offense of last year or the year before. When Sparano said he'd called the plays on offense if he had to, it certainly made it sound like he was going to put in an offense that he was familiar with. And if, for example, Henning's play calling gets really bad, having an offense that the staff's familiar with would certainly be fortuitous.

Is anyone excited about Henning?

Am I missing something here, or is this a great hire? I never though offense was the Panthers strong point throughout their Super Bowl runs, and it definately wasn't last year. Granted, he wasn't their OC last year, but still. What kind of offensive style does he run?

Just saw a quote in VIP with Belicheck commenting on Joe Gibbs coaching style (more Coryell than west coast) and Henning was mentioned, by Belicheck.

I would have preferred a younger guy, but I will give it a "wait and see" attitude. He can't be worst than Cam, or whoever was calling plays for us this past year.

Look for Ronnie Brown to have a huge year if he is healthy. He likes to run a double TE offense and ram the ball right at you.

Does this mean we are no longer running the Air Coryell system?

Back
Top Bottom